Manga Bingo Challenge

Discussion in 'Completed Requests' started by DemonGodsLackey, Jan 10, 2022.

?

Who wants Manga Bingo Challenge?

1. Me

36.4%
  2. Really, is there a need?

9.1%
  3. Why not? Absolutely

36.4%
  4. Count me out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I watch Anime only

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear A-P

So it's like I quit watching anime and changed to read manga/manhwa/manhua. But there is no MB Challenge. Which I ask is created.
    It will be much pleasure for manga readers. Also create an option so that the user is able to obtain his bingo card from the site itself.
    Actually.......I am banned from server..... Doesn't matter.
    I hope this challenge can come to pass.

Thank You
    Regards
    Fellow User

2. Which I ask to be created*

3. TheActualLee

TheActualLee Member

+1

4. Thanks for your support

5. Mods I request to share your views on this topic.

6. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

While there are a couple people on the Bingo team who are forum or database moderators, the Anime Bingo Challenge isn't run by Anime Planet's moderators. If you want this game to exist you will have to create it for yourself.

7. Thanks a lot for giving me info. But how can I make? Surely I would need help of a mod. Right?

Warpuppy likes this.
  8. Inu230

Inu230 Well-Known Member

Posted by Inu230 on Jan 12, 2022
    A manga challenge sounds fun.

DemonGodsLackey likes this.
  9. Wooho. One more supporter. Lets gOOO!!

10. Warpuppy

I joined the Anime Bingo Team after it had been well established and running for a few seasons already so I can't really say much about how it started.
    I will say that the founder is not a mod for Anime Planet and while a few of us on the bingo team happen to be forum or database moderators, they don't use their moderator powers for Bingo.
    You do have to have experience with spreadsheets. We use formulas on Google docs to track claims and scores, Bingo Baker to create the Bingo Cards, and Google Drive to share images with players.

11. Arigato.
    Also is it necessary to have a thread in Challenges forum?

Warpuppy likes this.
  12. Warpuppy

We ran Bingo in General Anime Discussion for a few seasons. Once a challenge gets established you can request a forum moderator to move it to the challenges forum.

13. Looks like I gotta prepare for it

14. any 24*7 users here? Cooperation needed.

15. I am going to prepare the the rules and stuff in 2 weeks. [Ofc I am gonna copy ABC for now]
    If anyone have any ideas, they may put here.
    Banners needed.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  16. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Some tricky issues with doing a manga bingo vs anime:

• Manga tends to be longer and can run for many years, leaving open entries on the site that can't be finished for a challenge. Anime in modern times usually gets an entry for every season which is closed when the season ends, making it more challenge-friendly. Yes, there are plenty of finished manga in the world to read, but these titles are older and may not keep players wanting to come back season after season to a challenge that is forced to exclude popular new content.
    • Access to readable manga can also be a problem. Legal content is usually pay-to-read, whether you are buying physical books or paying for content online. Realistically, people aren't going to pay money to participate in a free challenge. Free sites exist, of course, but they are often illegal and can disappear at any time. Plus fan translations can have their own problems - slow release schedules, groups choosing to lock down their projects on password-protected sites when companies threaten to take legal action, and series being left in limbo if a group drops it for whatever reason. Legal free options are extremely limited compared to anime and most of those that exist are riddled with issues that would make them difficult to use specifically for these kind of challenges. Sites offering free content legally may only have a few sample chapters, or their free content is only available for a limited time. Local libraries usually have some manga available to patrons, but not enough to sustain seasonal manga challenges.

If you are going to make a manga bingo challenge, it's going to need to be able to overcome these hurdles. To do that, it may need to be different than its anime challenge counterpart in some ways to get around them.

17. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Moving tihs to completed/locking. If people want to create something like this feel free to do a community effort/organize somewhere outside of site feature requests.

For @DemonGodsLackey , do not bump posts continually in the future, and having user support doesn't necessarily mean we will add sometihng as a site feature. Polls also have no impact on if something is done or not. If you were banned from the Discord server there was a good reason, also that doesn't seem to be relevant to this at all.

Any community efforts will need to live in sections like GAD/GMD. Depending on the longevity and quality of the event it may be possible to move into the Challenges section, but that is highly dependent on several factors and will take a lot of time. Mods will come to you/the event and offer if it gets to that point.

DemonGodsLackey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.