Major Season 3

Re: Major Series 3

Anyone thought of making recs for them yet? I can't, since I haven't watched Hajime no Ippo. Also, I always wondered if you could rec from Prince of Tennis to Major, although I believe the former is not as good as the latter, but just more popular?

Also, I always wondered if you could rec from Prince of Tennis to Major
Hmm, I think it is a good idea. Definitelly not the other way (at least for me) though :-)

Anyway, I hope 4th season will be better than 3rd one. So far my favorite was 2nd of course :smile:

Hajime no Ippo was great, but i still like major a lot more. Prolly because i'm an actual baseball fan, that it's a lot more fun for me.

I like baseball but major isnt near Ippo. Im not even a fan of boxing.

okay so i read this, and then i got my hands on. i am hooked but i am only up to 8 but the story so good so far...:drink:

I want to play baseball, but I'm not even on a team and nobody ever wants to play with me so I'm forced to just practice alone.

*sigh* I really enjoy a lot of aspects of this anime and can see why it's regarded so highly. At the same time the entire pitching with a serious injury ruins it for me, as it's just not something I can get behind glorifying. There's a difference between being courageous and being reckless and I feel Gorou is more often than not the latter.

Last edited:
*sigh* I really enjoy a lot of aspects of this anime and can see why it's regarded so highly. At the same time the entire pitching with a serious injury ruins it for me, as it's just not something I can get behind glorifying. There's a difference between being courageous and being reckless and I feel Gorou is more often than not the latter.
I think a lot of athletes have to play with injuries during games though, whether they want to or not. And Goro's injury isn't entirely his fault anyway. Egashira gets his just desserts by the end, the way it should be.

I think a lot of athletes have to play with injuries during games though, whether they want to or not. And Goro's injury isn't entirely his fault anyway. Egashira gets his just desserts by the end, the way it should be.

I'd agree that many athletes will play through typically minor injuries but at the professional level there is more thought given to the future. Few people would knowingly play through an injury that had a real chance it'd end their career. Professional careers are relatively short as it is after all.

This is somewhat more common at the amateur level, but often has devastating consequences, which is why I've never been all that fond of glorifying that kind of approach to sports. But that is who Goro is, to the extent he'll throw out a shoulder and switch dominant hands, forgo surgery etc. It's anime after all and he is the hero, it's just a small pet peeve of mine when it comes to sports shows.

Still an enjoyable watch ofc,

Back