Major Season 3

VivisQueen

Major Season 3

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Oh my God, just finished watching episode 25 (or 77). HOW AMAZING WAS THAT???!! Series started a bit weak, but it's just shot up in the latter half and now I am starstruck by Shigeno Goro.

I love him! I love him so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Major Series 3

I've only seen a little bit of 3 so far, but it's my impression that Major is the gift that just keeps on giving. It might not be on the level of Hajime no Ippo, but for now I'm willing to say that it's the best long-running show currently airing (haven't watched One Piece in ages, though).

mmmm an anime about baseball... :S and 3 seasons worth.... I don't think I'll be picking this one up anytime soon.

You'd be making a big mistake if you didn't. My tastes don't run in the direction of sports anime, and I detest long-running serieses. This anime IS NOT Bleath, IS NOT Naruto, IS NOT anything you've ever seen before.

It's amazing. God bless Major. The main character is fantastic, and the way they use baseball as a mechanism for characterisation is... DIE SPITZE! Yup, I just reverted to German - that's how great it is. Lol.

haven't watched One Piece in ages, though
One Piece is SHORT running serie :crying: I need MORE :p

Hmm, maybe I should check Major finally... All the stuff I was watching (or want to watch) has either ended (Kenichi) or is stalled (Eyeshield 21), runs slowly (OP) or turned a bit worse (ES21 again).

I actually don't know why this anime isn't more popular. You should give it a go.

i been meaning to get this series going but i can't fine a place that 1st set of eps. i found that last ones :crying:

oh yes if u like this try Mitsuru Adachi Touch or H2, i really like the manga

lol I've been avoiding this one, if you guys think its actually decent though I'll give it a try.

The final episode is out. I cannot wait to see it in the morning.

*quivers with orgasmic anticipation*

There's going to be a fourth season, starting next January. *cries*
Don't ge me wrong, I do like Major. But when I started, I thought it was going to be just 26 episodes, not 100+. I just wish the damn thing would end someday...

DO you? At the beginning of the third series, I was wishing that aswell. It was starting to look weak. I don't know what episode you're on (or whether you've already finished this series) but I had changed my mind by the end of 3rd. I can't wait for a 4th series. And a fifth. If they keep this quality up (and you have to admit that every episode continues the story rather than being superfluous, and every series adds something more to Goro's experience) then there is no reason for them to stop.

It's not like Lost or something where they don't conclude the current story at the end of every series - we basically get an ending every time, but then there is always more to tell about Goro's baseball world, each story just as interesting as the first.

My only wish is that they don't ever get a big head or see cash signs and continue making serieses of Major just because they can. The day it has filler episodes is the day I stop watching.

omg i just started watching the first series and it was a real shock lol i nearly cried when
Goros dad died :(:(

0o thanks for the info, i'll give it a try for sure ^_^

oh my God! I just finished watching ep 78 and i loved it I cant wait for the 4th season, do we really have to wait for it. :( so not fair i want it and I want it now. this series is a must for any anime fan my sister said she wasn't ganna watch it cause it was baseball but i got her to watch 1 ep and now she's hooked.

I agree. I will be going insane by then. January cannot come quickly enough, damnit!

While you guys wait, you should check out Hajime no Ippo. In my opinion it's even better than Major.

Also: just finished watching the third season. Great stuff, as always, although this arc was hurt a little bit by being so similar to arc 1 near the end.

Hajime no ippo is hands down best sport anime evar! Well that and Slam dunk. Just that slam dunk is an older anime harder to find.

Back