Majo no Shinzou

Discussion in 'Specific Manga Discussion' started by Hoozuki, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Hoozuki

Hoozuki Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

Chapter 1
    It looks like I’m starting another dark twisty manga, awesome! This chapter made me really excited for what’s yet to come in this manga, and it set the mood perfectly. (I also love her talking lantern, he’s great.) The manga’s art itself is quite beautiful and I cannot wait to see where the story goes!

Hoozuki likes this.
  3. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 2
    Alright, so it seems like every chapter is going to be a different story with different characters interacting with Mika and Lumiel in each one. This gives off a lot of Kino’s Journey vibes, but it’s also quite different in its own right. In this chapter, Mika goes to a village where the people can’t afford anything because they aren’t allowed to farm, they also don’t have enough water to sustain themselves. A young girl sells Lumiel to the ruling queen (I think, maybe princess) out of desperation after she expressed interest in buying him. Mika goes to the castle to get her friend back, using the strange powers that she also used in the last chapter. I’m not sure about the extent of this powers, but so far they seem to form weapons and ...show memories? It looks like? Yeah. It’s pretty interesting. Let’s see what else she can do and what trouble these two are gonna get into.

Hoozuki likes this.
  4. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 3
    So, I’m not gonna lie. I always thought of Lumiel as an adult figure for Mika. However, noticing his human form and his actions this chapter, I think he’s in love with her. And she’s probably in love with him too. I guess you can still kind of seem him as an older brother figure or something, but it’s highly implied that it’s more than that. Of course, that doesn’t ruin the story at all for me, I just have to change how I view certain characters a little. The other characters like the singer girl and the old lady, were also nice additions to this chapter. This was a sweet chapter.

Also Lumiel is kind of cute as a human ngl.

5. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 4
    This was a nice chapter and all, but it seemed a little fast-paced and rushed, but then it slowed down a little near the end. Maybe that’s just me I don’t know. But this still was a good chapter, it was a bit of a shorter story in my opinion but it still was a good one nonetheless. The flower keeping her alive and the way it all went down was bittersweet in its own way.

6. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 5
    In this chapter, we get a lot of fast action pretty quickly. Mika is waiting in line at a checking station, has to wait until the next day, goes to an inn where two young girls she meets earlier are staying. The girls are kidnapped by guards and so is Mika, Mika goes in to save them with her pal Lumiel, and runs into another girl called Princess Viotiete. Let’s see how these two know each other!

7. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 6
    So, we get introduced better to Princess Viotiete, and she’s full of personality. What she says is a bit conflicting with how she feels, and she’s pretty funny. I really hope she has a big role in the story later on, I want to know what’s up with her obsession with eternal life and immortality. So, Mika goes to a church in a town that worships some kind of mermaid, and she meets this short haired guy that wants to save the mermaid. That girl on the boat that Lumiel and Mika saw is probably the mermaid, but I’m not sure in what way she could be one. I’ll just have to wait and see.

8. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 7
    I SEE! So Princess Viotiete is looking for a way to become immortal because her years are numbered, I guess that should’ve been an obvious guess. I love how that’s a contrast to Mika’s search for her heart, since she’s just looking for a way to die. Interesting stuff. Also it has been verified 100% that Lumiel loves Mika. That’s cute and really sad at the same time. Let’s see what happens next!

9. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 8
    Alright so, a lot happened, and this is when we get to more of the real mermaid action. We find out that the bishop is using the blood to keep the mermaid alive (after a retelling of a dark version of The Little Mermaid) and the new-coming Bishop guy, Nicola, isn’t too pleased about that, but he wants to keep the mermaid alive still. After some fighting with the old bishop guy, Mika beats him, the two girls escape, and Nicola stays with the mermaid as the place is flooded with water. The mermaid saves him, and then the two part on their separate ways as Mika continues her journey. This was an interesting chapter, I think there’s probably going to be more twisted versions of old fairy tales to be told.

10. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 9
    I liked this chapter, it was sweet. Beauty and the Beast maybe? Haha. This was just a cheesy romance chapter but I’m a cheese-lover so that’s why I liked it. The werewolf guy changed his mind pretty quickly because of what Lumiel said, but eh, that’s my only compliant. Speaking of Lumiel, apparently his name is Lumiere now. Oh well, I’m just gonna keep calling him Lumiel.

11. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 10 (o shit I wrote a lot)
    This is so far both my favorite and my least favorite chapter. Mika goes into a town where nobody is allowed to leave, gets a town thingy that shows that she’s allowed to leave because she’s an outsider. It’s not exactly explained why they can’t leave, but old communities were weird back then. Anyways, this girl who’s selling flowers drops them and they are stomped on by the rich town guy. And I dunno about you, but nothing is more pitiful than someone dropping flowers, it makes my heart sad whenever I see stuff like that. Makes me wanna help them in any way I can. So of course, because of this, I immediately assume the best in this new character. But oh boy was I fooled. Because after Mika buys flowers from her, gets to meet her a little better, and is shown where the girl lives, girl says that she will walk Mika and Lumiel back to the main road, but instead she brings Mika to a dead end and attempts to kill her so she could take Mika’s town pass. This part was portrayed great in this chapter, showing us a very dark side of human desperation, that actually felt quite believable to me. This girl is probably the most believable character in this manga so far besides Mika. Anyways, after the girl does this, Mika just lets her go because she thought that she should respect the girl’s choice. However, the girl doesn’t make it out, and was hanged. And Mika gets her town pass back and leaves. She feels bad for all that’s happening, and after getting comforted by Lumiel, she collapses for a mysterious reason. Cliff hanger much?

12. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 11
    I was a bit confused during this chapter, but what seems to have happened is that Lumiel got sucked into Mika’s power thingy in her chest, saw some stuff from her past, met her sister in there, not sure why, and then when he got out, we got shown time before Mika met Lumiel. Mika goes to a village to help them with a dragon problem. This was an interesting chapter, why is Mika’s sister in her chest and why was she so mean to Lumiel? Maybe I will see the answers to these questions later.

13. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 12
    Aww, this was one of my favorite chapters. Origin story time. Mika and Lumiel meet for the first time, they relate to each other as immortals, and then Lumiel asks to go with her because he’s never met another immortal and doesn’t want to let her go. I really liked this chapter because of their dialogue between each other, seeing how it’s changed over time. It was just a nice chapter to read.

14. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 13
    So this is when the contract is made between the two of them. It’s quite sweet to see their interactions and I personally love them as the main character duo. So, I want to figure out more about Lumiel’s past life, apparently his old name started with ‘Chi,’ and he is actually a dragon, but that’s all we really know about him. At the end there, I was a bit confused on why Mika just randomly decided to end the contract with him so suddenly so I hope we figure that out later.

15. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 14
    I’m glad these two made up, I love their connection. It was a bit weird for Mika to say that life is limited even though Lumiel is also pretty much immortal. But otherwise, this was a sweet chapter. We know that Mika cares for Lumiel, it’s not confirmed that she loves him back or anything, but it’s nice to see that she cares about him and wants to stay with him. Their make-up was sweet to read. I’m a bit confused on what’s going on with that other random lady that licked Lumiel’s blood in the previous chapter and what all the talk about the twin’s wishes are about. But I’m sure that’ll get explained later.

16. UniversalParanoia1

Chapter 15
    This was a very calm and pleasant read. It also shows that Mika is still determined to find a better ending for herself. The book guy was a nice character and his dialogue was pretty neat, this whole chapter gave me a mood where I just wanted to chill out in some comfy pajamas and drink coffee. A very chill chapter.