Magical Sempai

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Zed, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Oblithian

Oblithian Well-Known Member

I don't care how it may be pronounced or enunciated, it should still be an n lol. it's not as if it's written せむぱい (which would be artistic license to create an original title, this is merely a translation). There are many different regional pronunciations of english (generally stemming from uncorrected speech), but they all only have one written form in Japanese. It does not change based on accent (ie. how it is said).

Rant over, ignore if desired. My apologies if it is repetitive.

Nicknames likes this.
  2. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 7.
    That flashback actually made me feel sorry for her...

NekoYesEcchi and Nicknames like this.
  3. LordAinz

LordAinz Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying this show pretty well. I can put up with fanservice if the show is entertaining, and I get some chuckles from this show, and I like the two main characters. I could do without
    Incest sister, but at least that is played off like she is a creep and the brother isn't into it, which is better then playing it seriously or treating it like its normal, so it doesn't bother me like it usually would (especially since they're just supporting characters)

but besides that its a decently entertaining show so far.

NekoYesEcchi and Nicknames like this.
  4. Vuh

Vuh Gold Supporter

Posted by Vuh on Aug 22, 2019
    Well, I watched E1 and 2 last night before work and I gotta say, despite the girl being a total dumbass and the guy thinking with his dick instead of being funny, it actually kind of works. The dirty jokes aren't as funny as Shimoneta, but they still give a good chuckle.

@NekoYesEcchi, I'd definitely say it's up your alley.

BrainBlow, Nicknames and NekoYesEcchi like this.
  5. NekoYesEcchi

NekoYesEcchi Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like it, I'll start watching. Guy thinking with his dick instead of being funny? Nothing wrong with that- that's how I got thru highschool... heh.

Nicknames likes this.
  6. NekoYesEcchi

Up to Episode 2 and I'm enjoying it. I really enjoy comedys where the MC is the straight man.
    Bonus was Senpai as succubus, for that moment..

7. randomredneck

Episode 8.
    That act was going pretty well til they got handsy. Guess she found her audience.

8. Banesephy

Banesephy New Member

I usually dislike ditzy characters but Tejina pulls it off and comes out somewhat adorable. I like the dynamics between Josh-kun and Tejina!

Nicknames, NekoYesEcchi and BrainBlow like this.
  9. NekoYesEcchi

Caught up- I'm enjoying it.. I agree with @Banesephy I usually don't like overly ditzy characters either, but Tejina is adorable. Josh-kun plays the straight man perfectly against her zaniness. And the level of ecchiness is well suited for this show...

BrainBlow, Banesephy and Nicknames like this.
  10. Banesephy

Banesephy New Member

Nice avatar you got going on there!

I wonder if they'll run this series for more than 12 episodes? I'm hoping that they do. It really is fun to watch.

Nicknames and NekoYesEcchi like this.
  11. NekoYesEcchi

I hope they do- the show was a pleasant surprise for sure.
    ..and thanks! As soon as I saw the pic of Tejina I knew I found my new avatar. :frustrat:

Nicknames likes this.
  12. randomredneck

Episode 9.
    "Return my boner"
    That was one of those make me laugh so hard I had to pause the video moments.

Nicknames, NekoYesEcchi and g3data like this.
  13. NekoYesEcchi

I laughed so hard at that line I almost broke a rib.

Nicknames likes this.
  14. randomredneck

Episode 10.
    Well, guess they had to do the beach episode eventually. Seems kind of redundant for this kind of show, but whatever.

15. randomredneck

Episode 11.
    It really is hard to say "Pushy" without moving your lips.

Nicknames likes this.
  16. randomredneck

Nice little surprise. Wasn't expecting much from an ecchi comedy, but it was funny and the characters were likable. Good show.

4 out of 5.

g3data likes this.
  17. AustinDR

AustinDR Active Member

Meh, overall, the show was okay. Not anything too special, but it was harmless fun.

3.5/5

18. NekoYesEcchi

The show wasn't amazing, but it was still a fun watch.