Lucifer

Aylia

I am really enjoying this series. Didn't think I would but it's witty, charming, and every episode makes me crack up.

The depiction of Lucifer is something I've held to believe in for awhile, that he's not explicitly evil and he's the proponent of critical thought and free will in humans. But that's also raised and addressed some other issues over the first season that have directly influenced how dynamic a character Lucifer is. Tom Ellis really gives the character more complexity and Lauren Graham is a great co-lead.

For fans of Neil Gaiman, Lucifer is the same character from his The Sandman series. Obviously adapted for the show but it is the same character.

I like Gaiman's perversion of mythology (yes, I consider Christianity to be mythology) and interesting perspectives into religion. Lucifer plays with the idea that God is a tyrant and Lucifer is fed up with his game, so he leaves Hell. But, ironically, by insinuating himself into human affairs he begins to understand and relate to them more than God ever could. It brings up questions like if God created flawed beings like Lucifer, Amenediel, and humanity, is he himself not then flawed? There is that rousing Gaiman philosophy tucked into every episode.

Last edited:
New episode airs tonight. Excited. It seems to be going in the direction of the comics, which means big things to come if it is.

Back