Looking for psychological/thriller/horror manga/manwha

Discussion in 'Manga Recommendations' started by Pancakepuff, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Pancakepuff

Pancakepuff New Member

I have read and liked:
    killing stalking
    Save me
    An uncomfortable truth
    Moritat
    Bastard
    Psycho

And plan to read superior Day can you suggest me something similar to these?

2. Franzi

Franzi New Member

Posted by Franzi on Jan 4, 2020
    Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is a must read in the horror manga genre. It's a bit confusing at first but if you stick with it and read it all in order it gets really exciting in the second half. Monster is meant to be really good, i've read the first volume so far and it is amazing if a little bit bulky. Promised Neverland is also really exciting - think chicken run but with children. I watched the anime so I'm not up to date with the manga but it is a good watch.

Ebonyslayer likes this.
  3. D4RKS3NS3I

D4RKS3NS3I Well-Known Member

I would recommend to just read Junji Ito, specially Uzumaki and Tomie. He has an unique art style, with some disturbing but yet well written stories.
    Another manga that I really enjoyed was Hideout, which is pretty short, but the story is def worth it.
    I am not a big fan of horror/thriller/psychological mangas or whatever though, so take that into consideration

Ebonyslayer likes this.
  4. Kikichann

Kikichann New Member

What about Warehouse, I believe it's the same Lezhin as Killing Stalking? It's very similar, guy gets kidnapped and locked in rape-torture warehouse by a serial killer, it's also Boys love I believe.

Oh I also read Killing Stalking, it was so good and tragic ending, made me cry I just love that manga so much! I wish it didn't end, I see you read Moritrat, how is that one? I've been meaning to read it, but I avoid it for some reason, is it similar to Killing Stalking?

5. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Here are some recommendations:
    Asadora- by the creator of Monster, it has a slow start but it does pick up.
    20th Century Boys- Also by the creator of Monster, it has a 2nd part so be sure to read that one too.
    Battle Royale- Basically what came out before the Hunger Games.
    Deadman Wonderland- The protagonist is sent to a prison and has to survive long enough to clear his name. Lots of variety with the blood powers.
    And finally 7 Seeds- Its like a mix between the Maze Runner and the Hunger Games. The character development is strong too.

And there are my picks. Hoped I helped out!

6. harvestmoon07

harvestmoon07 New Member

You could try Black Paradox by Junji Ito also, a personal fav by him. Also, I agree on the Higurashi series. They are a bit long and can be confusing but totally worth it in the end! Unhinged is a great series about murder if you like that kinda thing, be warned it's gory! Also The Cliff is a good short series on Naver / Line Webtoon. Hope you find something you enjoy, from one horror fan to another! :smile:

7. kendriss

kendriss New Member

Try meloholic

8. ishadream

ishadream New Member

Signal 100. Much gore and violence, but the manga doesn't have much unnecessary violence which is why I like it. Very short and fast to read.

9. kuemie

kuemie New Member

Posted by kuemie on Apr 5, 2020
    Try Sweet Home. It's by the same person who made Bastard.

10. Devilledgregg

Devilledgregg New Member

if you want to try body horror and eldritch stuff, with a dash of psychological, id suggest starving anonymous or literally anything by junji ito

11. Devilledgregg

Devilledgregg New Member

MW by Osamu Tezuka is kind of similar to killing stalking, its from the 70s

12. Amirothaninja

Amirothaninja Member

happy sugar life. pretty intense and the main female is off tha hook.