Looking for my perfect anime (TV)

Discussion in 'Anime Recommendations' started by CureHeart, Apr 14, 2020.

1. CureHeart

CureHeart New Member

I like the concept of friendship, fantasy and sacrifice and colourful animation.
    But I don’t like ecchi, gore, Seinen, boys or girls love, anything too childish, anything focusing on romance too much, anything too comedy, don’t like melancholy, music or dance based, mecha, robot, harem, slice of life, Yaoi, Yuri, overly 3D, vocaloid, overly large eyes, horror, cooking themed, dark fantasy. I don’t seem to get into anything pre-90’s. I don’t know why, think it is just bores me.

I liked how on Dokidoki Precure Mana has a big heart for everyone, she also sacrifices her life. I like that concept with Sailor Moon as well. I like their big hearts and how friendship is important. I loved that series so much. Animation was perfect too.
    I like on Smile Precure this concept as well with friendship but it was too childish. I did like Full Moon Wo Sagashite for the animation and characters but it was too melancholy and lacked action. I loved the lead girl though and the other mains. I have seen Cardcaptor Sakura as “Cardcaptors” dubbed in full plus the movies. I did try the Clear Card anime but it was kind of a ruiner of the series for me.

I liked the scheme of Lilpri but it got tiresome and it was too childish.

I am currently watching Mewkledreamy and while it is OK it is too childish I guess.

I did try these these too
    : Nurse Angel Ririka. I tried one episode is just wasn’t my thing.
    : Shugo Chara. Tried a bit but it just wasn’t me the girl annoyed me.
    : Tokyo Mew Mew I wanted to try but transforming into cats isn’t my cup of tea.
    : Mamotte Lollipop ... really cheesy I didn’t like it
    : Jewel Pet. Just too kiddy.
    : Mermaid Melody seems ok but just not into the whole romance thing really like I used to be. I did try a bit. Wedding peach looks too cheesy.

2. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Seems like you really love the magical girls genre, but are also particular on which ones you like.
    So here are some picks from me:
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/flip-flappers -This was actually interesting, a different take on the magical girl genre that also has Ghibli and Gainax vibes.
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/princess-tutu -Even though you said you don't like dancing, I still think you should give Princess Tutu a try. It blends a fairy-tale and a magical girl into one. Makes for quite the experience.
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/revolutionary-girl-utena -This series was basically influenced by Sailor Moon, and since you're a fan of Sailor Moon I thought you'd be interested.
    Hope I helped out there.

3. RogueLynx

RogueLynx Well-Known Member

if you'd like to try out something outside the magical girl genre, you could try Noragami, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Hunter x Hunter

they're action-y shounen, but i think they'd satisfy the requirement of themes of friendship and sacrifice. you'd have to bear with some goofiness though.

Ebonyslayer likes this.
  4. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

Your request is kind of vague, but I think this is the one that fits what you are looking for the best. It has the Seinan tag, but almost all of the characters are girls and it focuses on a girl who is an outcast of her community mostly for reasons that are beyond her control. She is desperate to do whatever it takes or sacrifice whatever is necessary to contribute in a meaningful way and gain the acceptance of her peers. Besides that, this anime is a visual treat, I haven't seen anything like it before. Land of the Lustrous

If that doesn't interest you here are a few others that you might like too.
    Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
    Little Busters!

5. blitzburns4

blitzburns4 Active Member

6. duchessliz

duchessliz New Member

Hmm... based off that the only thing I can think of that fits is: Pretear.
    Maybe, emphasis on the MAYBE: Kamichama Karin (if you can get over the big eyes thing...)

7. janetmorris

janetmorris New Member

blitzburns4 likes this.
  8. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

So fantasies that don't focus heavily on romance where the MC travels with friends, comrades, or loved ones and have some adventures. Modern and colorful without being too gory, pervy, or childish. Got it. How about:

Yona of the Dawn
    The Heroic Legend of Arslan
    Altair: A Record of Battles
    Children of the Whales
    Granblue Fantasy The Animation

9. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

So fantasies that don't focus heavily on romance where the MC travels with friends, comrades, or loved ones and have some adventures. Modern and colorful without being too gory, pervy, or childish. Got it. How about:

Yona of the Dawn
    The Heroic Legend of Arslan
    Altair: A Record of Battles
    Children of the Whales
    Granblue Fantasy The Animation

10. LailanD

LailanD New Member

I kinda get you... But in any anime there will be romance, its the world rule, i guess.. Ok to the point!
    1. Sailor Moon. Hope you had heard about it. usagi, sacrifices herself to protect earth.
    2. Pretty cure. Ok.. just too girlish I don't like it but you now it already...
    3. Anyamaru tantei kiruminzuu. It has a good clolourful animation and comedy also. It has a bit tiny love but it's fine.
    4. Fushigiboshi no futagohime. 2 seasons, just perfect, a bit childish, season 1 has a bit love but I think you'll like it if you stick to it.
    That's all, hope you've got your type...or not.