Looking For Moe Tragdy Anime

...Okay, this one is kind of specific. Let me explain. I have noticed in recent years a tendency to pair some really dark story telling elements with the use of the "moe blob" art-style for drawing characters.

Weirdly enough, it has introduced me to some of the best dark and introspective anime I have ever found. Most people are probably aware of Madoka Magica, but I found Girls' Last Tour the same way. Both of these shows are really good, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any more like them.

Any other detail is pretty much irrelevant so feel free to recommend anything.

I do not quite understand what you are looking for so i can only suggest you to look at the recommendations of those 2 animes you have mentioned above and then the recommendations of the recommendations you are looking at.

I'm not completely sure if I understand what you mean by Moe Blob, but it sounds like you are looking for something that has cute and colorful animation, but also tells a dark story. If that is what you are looking for, here are the titles that come to mind. If that is not what you are looking for, can you try to clarify your request for us?

Hell Girl
Land of the Lustrous
The Promised Neverland
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (when they cry)
Magical Girl Raising Project
Gakkou Gurashi
Selector Infected Wixoss

For Gakkou Gurashi, I recommend just going straight into the first episode. Don't look up anything about it. Trust me, you'll regret it if you do. Raising Project is like Puella Magi but with more fight to the death elements. I also hear that Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is also like Puella Magi but I haven't gotten round to it yet. Hope this helps xxxx

Back