Looking for Isekai manga and LN where MC uses modern knowledge or tech to change the Isekai world

Discussion in 'Manga Recommendations' started by drjoga, Dec 16, 2019.

1. drjoga

drjoga New Member

Posted by drjoga on Dec 16, 2019
    I really like Isekai where modern tech or knowledge is used. While cheat RPG skills are nice not using the modern knowledge or tech is a waste.
    There IMHO is nothing special about using cheat skills since they are technically possible in that world, however modern tech and knowledge would not arrive at that time to that world unless that person is from our world, so maybe that makes me feel special because I'm from this special world with advanced tech. :troll:

For example:
    In Another World with my Smart Phone (MC gets to use a Smartphone and connect it to magic)

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill
    (MC has cheat skill to buy things from a modern supermarket)

GATE: Where the JSDF Fought
    (Reverse Isekai where Japanese military gets to go into a Fantasy Isekai world)

Japan Summons
    (Whole of Japan is summoned into Fantasy world along with their tech and knowledge ofcourse)

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar
    (MC uses smartphone and the knowledge from the internet to win wars and make tech for his people)

Ascendance of a Bookworm (MC is a bookworm and tries to make paper and books etc using her knowledge from the modern world)

Different World Foundation
    (MC uses knowledge from the modern world to make stuff like paper, gun powder etc)

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp
    (MC goes back in time into her previous like and uses her knowledge as a surgeon)

Isekai Yakkyoku
    (MC uses his knowledge as a pharmacist to make medicine)

Release That Witch
    (MC uses his knowledge as an engineer to take people towards the industrial revolution)

These are the ones I've read. But I need moar!

thequietclover and AndriasSch like this.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  2. AndriasSch

AndriasSch Member

Nice, I'll check some of the LN you mentioned :)

I'll try not to stretch too far what you are looking for, these are my recommendations:

That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime [LN, manga]: The main character eventually gets to build a kingdom where he applies his knowledge about modern society (propper building techniques, commerce, clothing, developing several crafts are some examples). His being a former Japanese salaryman manager* (plus his Sage skill, and all the videogames, novels and books he went through) allows him to deal with other characters mainly with common sense, he's always receiving praise for it. Very good LN, great manga adaptation, good anime.

Re:Monster [LN, manga]: More or less in the same fashion as Slime, but the main character starts as a goblin and used to be some kind of high-level soldier from a space opera world, so in addition, he has tactical knowledge that gives him a huge advantage in warfare, combat, and leadership. Good novel, good manga adaptation.

Overlord [LN]: This one has a very interesting and complex plot, the mc is kind of overpowered in the knowledge area since he was a guild master in an mmorpg and a salaryman manager. Awesome novel, I would ignore the manga and watch the anime.

In those three, the appearance of the mc and his advances start to change the political scale of the world.

Arifureta [LN, manga]: Thanks to his knowledge of modern world guns and a special skill, he's able to survive in a dungeon, which in the long run is beneficial to several races in the story. Good novel, even better in the manga adaptation.

*Manager as in an upper-level employee with more experience and capability than other salarymen, who is also referred to as 'senpai' by other coworkers. This pretty much applies to all the mc's in these titles.

3. GTOwlnizuka

GTOwlnizuka Well-Known Member

I think he used some tech in Outbreak Company!

4. drjoga

drjoga New Member

Posted by drjoga on Dec 20, 2019
    Of these I think only Arifureta qualifies my requirement. Others don't really use knowledge and tech from the modern world. For eg. Overlord is just MMORPG knowledge. Slime and Re:Monster didn't use any tangible modern knowledge that I know of, they just use common sense which is not time related and a character from any age could've done it. For example Slime doesn't use much knowledge from the modern age for making anything, he just has the dwarves do it.

AndriasSch likes this.
  5. Saeryen

Saeryen Well-Known Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm may apply (I've only seen the anime but in it, she definitely brings more modern ideas and cooking to the other world).

6. drjoga

drjoga New Member

Posted by drjoga on Dec 25, 2019
    I've mentioned it in my initial post. Maybe the titles were hard to notice because I didn't make them bold. Made them bold now
    Neverthless thanks!

Saeryen likes this.
  7. aeab32

aeab32 New Member

Posted by aeab32 on Jan 19, 2020
    His royal highness is hungry is an isekai which brings food from modern day to historical times.
    The duchess' 50 tea recipes is a reincarnation manga of how she brings tea into her world to make a difference
    Cinderella chef is another one about food

8. aeab32

aeab32 New Member

Posted by aeab32 on Jan 19, 2020
    Isekai ryouridou is another food based isekai where he changes the world around him.
    Sengoku komachi kuroutan is one of my favorites at the moment, where she travels back in time and makes small changes to farming and everyday common life that have big political consequences.

9. Qxvry

Qxvry New Member

Posted by Qxvry on Jan 26, 2020
    You can try this manga called High school prodigies have it easy even in another world its about seven high school students who gets transported to another through and airplane crash when they regain the consciousness they in a world of magic and half-animal humans they build modern technology in their new

10. RedWestin46

RedWestin46 New Member

I can't seem to find Different World Foundation in English, or many place to find it anyway. Can someone send a link to it in english

11. FlamingWeeb

FlamingWeeb New Member

12. FlamingWeeb

FlamingWeeb New Member