Looking for a harem(ish) anime with actually good male protagonist

Discussion in 'Anime Recommendations' started by Thyrz, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Thyrz

Thyrz New Member

Posted by Thyrz on Nov 18, 2018
    Hello there,
    Most of us know at least one harem anime where a male protagonist is a clumsy, extremely shy, closed and sometimes even rude specimen who does not know how to handle other people, especially women who for some unknown for humanity reason like him. To be honest, I haven't found any that kind of anime with a good male protagonist (I tried finally KonoSuba recently, but the male protagonist is awful). Well, I am tired of these protagonists and I am looking for an anime which has all both comedy, some slight romance, good plot AND a male protagonist who is actually good and knows how to handle females and people in general.
    Thank you for your help.

Karin84 likes this.
  2. Karin84

Karin84 Database Moderator

So here are a few that may possibly fit what you are looking for...

-Love, Election and Chocolate
    -Armed Girl's Machiavellism
    -Gate (on the borderline of your request)
    -Vandread
    -Toradora
    -Oda Nobuna (Male is more strategist than a fighter)

I am sure there are several others but hope this gets you to a good start!

Thyrz and HKBattosai like this.
  3. RogueLynx

RogueLynx Well-Known Member

Thyrz likes this.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. Starra

Starra Database Moderator

Posted by Starra on Nov 18, 2018
    Seconding Trinity Seven, that was the first thought that came to mind.

Also maybe Henneko? Protagonist is perverted but it's done in a good way and he's not an ass.

RogueLynx and Thyrz like this.
  5. Thyrz

Thyrz New Member

Posted by Thyrz on Nov 18, 2018
    Allright, I have glanced at those suggestions and I have added most of them to my ''want to watch'' list. I am especially intrigued by Oda Nobuna since as mentioned a male protagonist is more a strategist than a fighter which matches my personality type, that can be interesting.

Many thanks again for those suggestions - ofc if someone has more and is wishing to share, I will be grateful.

RogueLynx and Starra like this.
  6. FunkyTim

FunkyTim Well-Known Member

I second Toradora. Really good male protagonist here. Not sure if this is a typical harem, but it does have those elements and the male lead is great.

I'll also throw in Ranma 1/2. The male lead isn't perfect, but he's definitely not the usual wimp you often see in these shows, so this one might be your cup of tea. Note that it's pretty long though, and falls off somewhere unfortunately. The early episodes are strong enough to give this one a try anyway in my eyes.

Thyrz likes this.
  7. Disino

Disino Member

Posted by Disino on Dec 2, 2018
    Personally harem anime with the best protaganist is probably Nisekoi. I found him to be quite likeable and the anime does not dilute the harem aspect to achieve this

8. Paradrip95

Paradrip95 Member

not sure if it's entirely wa t your looking for as ive only watched a couple episodes so far but renai boukun is quite good so far and hilarious

9. JamOnAnime

JamOnAnime New Member

Trinity Seven - Funny and the male protagonist is perverted, while not being extremely annoying.
    Maken-ki - A accidental pervert. Basically just it.

10. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

no Blade Dance

Honestly is my favorite one. Est is best

Also bakemonogatari doesnt necessarily count, but its solid.