Little Busters!

ep 3. Yes from the ending of the last episode i knew shed show up...
WHERES KUD
... Love this series...
so Haruka and Yuiko show up which is nice ... except i liked Harukas more squeaky annoying voice than the one she has now...

This is incredibly boring... I think it would of been better off if they played baseball every day.

I think the only character that I even like is the black haired girl that got introduced on episode 3..

Ep 6. I didnt think the series would accelerate this fast... im going to continue to watch it, but it seems they skipped most of the fun times and jokes, just for the story.

Actually since its a Visual Arts Key work, the comedy and silliness is a means to introduce characters. You know add substance to a bland story.

"The good part" as you put it lacks a lot because they havent introduced all of the characters yet and lacks impact. Also the story is far too rushed and missed a few essential points in Komari's route.

There really is no good part of which you speak. As one of the highest selling VNs of all time then to be shown as a sub par anime the mere thought of saying anything good about it is laughable at best.

After catching up on this topic and being a big fan of the VN i do have some thoughts to cast (i will try not to be bias)

First i agree with anyone who dropped it because the word baseball was mention is dumb, in the game its really just a minigame to let you have some fun and yes keep characters together- so dropping it cuz of that wasn't to smart.

i doubt anyone dropped it cuz komari's voice but it is the same as used in the VN, i like her voice actually, in truth i love and hate it, i like it when first hearing it but man does it get annoying (wouldn't evny her characters husband one bit xD)

Onto real comments now.
I agree it's moving pretty quickly, now i figured it would go fast (26 episodes to cover komari,yuiko, mio, haruka, mio, kud and rin's arcs is quite insane) so that doesn't surprise me though i do agree they lost a few elements on the way, expectable, how many VN's turn to a anime with 100% detail kept and nothing lost, few if any (can't turn a 6-8hour game *per arc without skipping* into a anime which only has something close to that for all stories. I don't think to much was lost in komari's route, some bits relevant maybe might be lost [spoiler - but we do need to consider they have to tweak the paths from all the romance side [/spoiler]. Biggest content im sad to see lost is the comical stuff like trying to throw Rin into the 2nd floor classrooms and instead throwing her over the roof, stuff like this was a good laugh so it was sad to see we lost that (also they seem to cut out all forms of the classroom conversation which leaves me questioning their school life sociability now.
Considering Little busters was originally turned down for a anime adaption all them years ago (hence we got angel beats) and thinking 'realisticly' (a word which crosses few fans minds) it's story is tough to get through
the game depends on the ideal of restarting a new route as that builds a huge part of the story for Rin+Refrain).
so i don't expect some gold like Angel Beats or kanon to hit me (sorry for the clannad lovers, its good but i find it over rated), so i didn't expect gold from day one.
Also J.C took it NOT Kyoto so that was a interesting development.
to me the anime is skipping things quickly which makes sense but is sad to see as its loosing some good laughing spots but i intend to watch it through and not drop 8mins in because something i don't like (imagine how many series i would dropped for not liking a character or something dumb).
In terms i agree its dropping alot of stuff all to focus on story, good seeming i love the story but dangerous move, i hope they slow down the pace non the less because atm it feels like there is no character interaction besides when Riki talks to someone (im talking outside Masato,Kengo,Kyouske, Rin and Riki's group here) - really it only takes place (besides a odd scene) when Riki is sinking his way into the next arc.

Yes im going to watch it since i own all the versions of the game from PSP to LB: EX and Anniversary edition. But it just doesnt feel right i enjoyed the interaction between the characters too much and it seems like you said that only happens between Riki and the girls.

Also i must admit that it is hard to change a VN into a timeline readable by viewers... since there is no save spot and choices so you can enter the next route.

I had wished that the added the EX characters. Komaris route had 2 choices ...well in EX anyways... and i doubt that they would choose the other, but i am a bit sadistic that way. Also like you said you have the routes Rin, Komari, Haruka, Kudryavka, Yuiko, Mio(x2) [EX] Kanata, Sasami, Saya, not to mention the game has
a whole arc of Refrain. Which deals with all the other characters like Masato, Kengo, Kyousuke

Now maybe im expecting too much but to fit all that into 26 episodes... i may cry

Now maybe im expecting too much but to fit all that into 26 episodes... i may cry

im sharing that one i must admit. Im sad to see that there isn't much hope for seeing the Sasami, Saya or Kanata routes - well i would like to say they would reference them but i don't see saya's route working at all? (would like to see them though, OVA maybe?).
Also i must admit that it is hard to change a VN into a timeline readable by viewers... since there is no save spot and choices so you can enter the next route.

to true. one thing i think alot of anime have problems with here.
New anime invention - save points ^__^
(it would fail as a new feature D: )

I stalled the visual novel, but I'd take that and the manga over the anime any day from what I've viewed so far.

I read in an ANN article - just looked briefly and couldn't find it - mentioning that the producers are promising to at least adapt all of the heroines' routes (which should include Saya and Sasami's, one would think upon reading), and that there would be an "announcement" following the final episode's conclusion (possible second season? OVA series? Movie(s)?). I don't see how they could adapt everything within just 26 episodes. It's way too much, especially to be done with even a subpar performance.

I read in an ANN article - just looked briefly and couldn't find it - mentioning that the producers are promising to at least adapt all of the heroines' routes
Yes that would be preferable as watching it i share your opinion to just open my anniversary edition and play it. But i feel something odd though, mind you they say they will do all heroins which my not include the EX cast... Like said earlier adding Saya route... i hate spoiler tags so im just gonna say would involve quite a bit of tweaking... along with the Sasami route...which happened to be one of my favorite routes... would need a better understanding of the "events" yet to conspire...

That announcement better be Kud Wafter the anime :P

i don't wish to ruin hopes and i can assure but i don't see the EX routes working out, as i said earlier and said above they would need quite some work and tweaking.
But you have to consider one thing, the original if the one referenced all the time, people don't consider EX the original - despite its technically the same but better doesn't altar how its spoke about.
But if i was betting on either one i would 90% certain say you won't see their routes. I imagine Saya won't appear at all unless it shows her in a video game or something, and best for sasami or kanata is character development beyond which the first Little busters offered, which is so-so considering kanata has a fair development via haruka (though not the same as her arc in EX) its still development i guess.
Point being i don't see it happening, would i like it, well in 26 ep's no, extend it to 40 and then i vote yes, otherwise i think i would like a small OVA series from little busters (small... what am i saying 13ep's minimum sounds like season 2 xD).
Im worried how they will tackle the process of Rin1 -> Rin 2 - Refrain, or more questionable refrain its self.
ok now i just want to load one my end game saves from little busters on the bus crash scene, man i spent a while working out that piece first time round (i dont use walkthroughs) funny enough i realised it shouldn't been so hard but dam i got Riki killed quite some number of times xD

ok now i just want to load one my end game saves from little busters on the bus crash scene, man i spent a while working out that piece first time round (i dont use walkthroughs) funny enough i realised it shouldn't been so hard but dam i got Riki killed quite some number of times xD

Yes i agree with you and it makes me a bit irked... but you have a fully translated version or did you buy the game like me?

The bus was pretty simple after you understood the situation... you just have to spend a few more seconds looking... i got too absorbed into the game and almost made the mistake of just saying *yoink* but then i realized why he was there in the first place... also i hate the option of running away... i did it because im the idiot who picks all choices no matter how bad they are to see if i missed a CG or speech.

i brought the game, not the cheapest game but worth it (also brought rewrite with it which is also a good one, i have the attitude to buy good stuff to help support the release ^^).

yeah i didnt really see the point in the Run away option, especially when you think its clearly a bad choice which will always lead in the end- though true im also one them idiots who has to choose all options to gain extra dialogue and to be sure i didn't miss a cg, which makes choices like Run away redundant to me, in a way its like the ending how you can accept you and rin escaped or choose your not satisfied, it really is obvious isn't it? (ok i can accept there is more reality in this choice but its still one most know the other brings more to it). Though i think i hate choices in games (don't think little busters had any) which end instantly after clicking the bad choice, not a single line of dialogue or anything.
With the bus crash thing, i guess yeah it is simpler once you analyze whats happening - i just was confused at first with the options to get tree branches or go through peoples luggage... i thought is he meant to be looking for medical stuff or what xD in the end it became clear how it was going... still didn't help my previous fails though ;)

Episode 7:
So looks like we started a bit of Haru-chins story, well touched some area's anyway though im not sure if this will be developing over time considering the next ep preview looks like a kud based one.
Anyway in all im happy, not as much jokes though some the ones which was present was quite fun, i liked the events around Haruka, now i always liked her arc alot on the game so could just be me wanting to see her more and more because she is fun and energetic
but her game story was very sad, im a fan of sad stories provided its plot is good, kind of like in Air
so yeah anyway im hoping some good stuff from Haruka, hopefully they won't rush to do her and kud all at once though (considering how quick komari was done anyways) i understand they have a lot of stuff to get done but maybe do some stories over lapping? like start haruka's and have it run along side the start of kuds (not the end where any arc wants all the attention), maybe this will open time for more development and some jokes. i dunno just a passing thought. will see how next weeks is.

Episode 8:
Hmm got to see a mio appearance this week which was quite nice, though she still didn't really have much to say. a quick note here- anyone who followed little busters before it's release would have known Mio's original voice actor wouldn't appear in the anime due to she decided otherwise after announcing she was pregnant, this caused some stir for fans (this annoyed me, i honestly was wishing her the best when people are crying because they want her to VA a character, selfish people) now after this episode i can comment her new Va- simply put, she did a great job, i think she didn't actually sound to far of the original mio which is impressive for different people but really her new voice suites her great, so well done there :)
Now back to my comments.
So this week was a week of little kud, a simple comment would say a very cute episode, we see some wafu's let loose and some rather cute energetic moments from kud as she bounces round school looking for her room-mate, so no story progression to arc's besides the simple starting kud's and getting her a room mate, oh and seeing mio, jokes wasn't as frequent as other episodes, some good ones for the ones there are though (love the kurugaya joke when they ask her to be kuds room mate), cuteness level - through the roof :D
one thing i did enjoy is in the ending when it came to kanata, asking kud to be her room mate, i think it was a lot better done in the anime, the visual novel just made her look like a bitch

any in short this weeks episode was quite nice, slowed its pace down a lot more which is nice to see its not all a rush along so im happy with it, next week should make hopefully for another cute episode :)

Haha i find it amusing how im the only person watching little busters who posts here but oh well i can talk to myself i suppose... not like i have a choice xD

So that episode was actually well paced, i always enjoyed the test of courage in the game but thought it would be impossible to choose who it would go with considering the many choices (game it was two people making a lot of choices though alot was the same), so i liked a mix of everyone xD

no point putting a episode over view because im lazy but the concept was rather simple, besides ghost busting it isn't easy to explain much about a test of courage xD
Though one thing i must mention, Masato arm wrestling a ghost LMAO, ok i lol'd so much here xD he loves his kiniku as it is but that was great xD

Now... well i have Alicemagic stuck in my head... this seems to happen every episode i watch, suppose tomorrow i will have to listen to it several times to cure the addiction to it i now am holding.
Hehe i suppose i shall post... to myself next week xD

Aw don't feel too bad Madoka. Look, I'm posting here as well though I have not much to contribute that would be deem worthy of a discussion.
On second thought, what I really want to know out of this episode was who won that arm wrestling match. That ghost arm was a sore loser resulting him to use such dirty tactics. :)

Episode 11

Could say something about this episode but overall it feels like the character building in this was trivial at best. I hope they don't end up condensing more important story developments just because this episode was also adapted.

Kero.

People in my thread D: i should get a cup of tea and some biscuits prepared, i wasn't expecting guests here :love: Well im happy with people, but i didn't mind being alone as well ;)

On second thought, what I really want to know out of this episode was who won that arm wrestling match. That ghost arm was a sore loser resulting him to use such dirty tactics. :)
Ghost arm wrestling is going to be my new hobby... all i need are some ghosts xD
I wonder how long the match went on though o.o it was morning by the time those two turned up lol

Episode 11

Could say something about this episode but overall it feels like the character building in this was trivial at best. I hope they don't end up condensing more important story developments just because this episode was also adapted.

Kero.

Actually your right.
I actually like how they have gave us some episodes which aren't just rushing stories a bit like they did with komari but i do agree i wouldn't want episodes like this to effect story and give rushed out comes, i like a balance, like how they was introducing them all was nice, some casual moving episodes introducing 'new' faces (well not new for us VN fans) but building with it, i do admit episodes like this don't move much which can be bad. Of course if it works out ok i have no problems :3
im easy going though, i like most stuff as long as whatever im watching grabs my attention xD
And well... i did love one thing from this episode, ghost arm wrestle (MASATO <3) it was just great xD but yeah otherwise average, nothing to show off nothing to insult drastically.

Episode 13
I get the feeling this is similar to the Fuko arc from Clannad and it should be because they're both made from the same company, obviously. Only this one, I felt no impact, none-what-so-ever. A supposed evil Mishio seems out of placed. Is it because she wants to be recognized instead being hidden behind the timid Mio. Who knows... All I know is that it's not engaging enough for me to care. Which totally sucks because I want to care.

Back