Let's create an Anime Timeline

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by BallroomDancer, Jan 7, 2022.

1. BallroomDancer

BallroomDancer New Member

Let's create an Anime Shows Timeline. Which Anime Shows come first?

2. HKBattosai

HKBattosai Database Moderator

Hi BallroomDancer. This idea sounds interesting. However, could you be a little more specific in your criteria? "Let's create an Anime Shows Timeline" is bit too vague and too broad in scope. Do you have a starting anime? Genre? An explanation for the thread and choice(s)?

3. BallroomDancer

Rurouni Kenshin to One Piece to Naruto to Dragonball Z to Bleach to Digimon to Pokemon to Beyblade.

You can add any other Anime show(s) to the timeline that I didn't mention.

4. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Forum Moderator Database Moderator

If you are looking to create a timeline, the site's filters can help. This lists shows from newest to oldest:
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?year=1900&to_year=2022&sort=year&order=desc

You can also refine the search. For example, if you specifically wanted shounen:
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?sort=year&order=desc&year=1900&to_year=2022&include_tags=152

Or if you only wanted series, not films or music videos:
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?sort=year&order=desc&year=1900&to_year=2022&include_types=6,5

The site can be super helpful for finding info, and if you need to, you can use the custom list feature to create your timelime.
    :drink:

5. BallroomDancer

Thanks but I want to know the time periodish that each anime takes place in. I could see Naruto and One Piece could be in the same time.

6. AnnaSartin

Oh, you mean what period in history the anime takes place! I see, that would make for an interesting timeline. Have you added the ones from our century-specific tags yet? We have 15th Century, 16th Century, 17th Century, 18th Century, and the 19th Century which you can view here. There's also this very useful custom list. Futuristic ones are harder to keep track of since there is no a tag for those, although I know Dr. Stone takes place in 5738 and time progresses from there.

7. BallroomDancer

Yeah but I don't know where One Piece or Naruto should be?

8. AnnaSartin

They don't fit anywhere historically because they take place in completely fictional worlds. You can read more about where they live here and here.

9. BallroomDancer

This is what I was thinking.

1. What if god tree was nothing but a mutation of a Devil Fruit or vice versa?
    2. What if Naruto and One Piece were in the future.
    3. What if something Major happens from our timeline that causes the One Piece world?
    4. Slowing becoming the Naruto world?
    5. Naruto's world becomes into Dragonball?

10. AnnaSartin

Oh I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood. I thought you were putting together an accurate historical timeline, but you're looking to make one up and merge different shows together. Completely went over my head.

11. BallroomDancer

I am but I need something major to happen for all the changes of the world.