Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Management training classes are so soul draining. Ten hours to tell me that I need to be sensitive to the needs of the peons that work for me. Oh, wait, lesson 1 was to not think of them as chess pieces I can move around to accomplish my goals. I'm supposed to care about their opinions and shit, because it makes them easier to exploit.

This was the worst class to put me in. It seems like it should be in my wheelhouse because it's ostensibly about respecting people from all cultures and lifestyles. Yet, I can't help be cynical, because it's the big corporation trying to make me go woke to avoid lawsuits and at the end of the day it's still all about pushing employees to get everything I can out of them, but now I pretend I care about their perspective too.

LT: Got an important appointment I have to go to next month and it's only happening in the morning. This is going to suck, but it wouldn't be the first time I've had to make a temporary adjustment to my sleep schedule since I had to do the same thing when I had my orientation for Walmart way back when. The bad part is I can't really reschedule it, I already rescheduled it because the original date it fell on was a bad date (my grandma just had some surgery done and my mom wanted to be on standby in case anything happened) but even though the date is doable it's still the same morning time-frame (and this appointment can only be rescheduled one time, so I can't change it again). Bleh, at least it's just a one time thing.

To be honest my bigger worry isn't if I'll be able to get up on time but how I'm going to make sure I work in my Anki reviews during this whole time that I have to shift my sleep schedule (it'll take a few days or so to adjust it). The hard part really is going to be on the day of the appointment itself since I won't be able to do my reviews until I get back and I don't know how long this appointment is going to be or how it's going to go. Ideally things will go smoothly, I'll get back and I'll do my Anki stuff when I get back home. Worst case scenario if I do miss a day I can adjust some settings but I don't think it'll come to that.

On another note, this appointment is some kind of "Mental Status Exam" so maybe I'll get some much needed answers as to my various issues. Not getting my hopes up too much because of all the nonsense I've dealt with over the years but we'll see what happens.

At times I wonder how much of my issues can be traced back to my autism, genuine personality flaws and/or possibly learned helplessness.

Love to go to a consult appointment only to have the follow up to the consult be in 3 months. Nice. Wait for 3 more whole months.

Could get into a lot of words about the magic and efficiency of the HRT process is portrayed in media but I won't. Anyway it's a slog.

Sometimes I am so busy I would love to just check out of my head and autopilot through the weeks coming ahead and then I can tap back in after. I see a lot of all nighters coming in the next two weeks.

Oh well, at least there's Succession

LT: Finally found out why audio on my PC has been wonky lately. In a lot of games I've been finding that any sounds from behind me are way too quiet, and it turns out that it's not because of them being set into surround sound mode, but Windows or my Realtek driver has this shitty enhancement turned on that does that. Thankfully I can turn it off and now it's back to normal.

Kinda makes me mad considering the amount of games I played through where I was having that issue (Assassin's Creed 2, Wolfenstein The New Order, etc.)

LT: You know, thinking recently, that one thing about life is that sometimes it's enough to just live through every terrible thing to have a few moments where we are happy. It's regretful in a sense that life is such a miserable slog and that it is so predicated on luck, but the fact we have a few moments where we can be happy, be ourselves, attain something, even if it's small, sometimes that's meaningful. It's impossible to not compare or be resentful at times, and of course, 'it could be worse' often feels like a nothing statement but when things get bad it sometimes is helpful to remember that at least there have been some good times and good experiences, even if it feels those things will never happen again sometimes.

FsPbd-9XwBAL9jz

Not only is this an amazingly brain dead take, the irony on display is unfathomable.

So the first result was "Florida man arrested for trying to buy an 8-year-old girl for $100,000". Big yikes, big no, let's move on.

"Florida man, drunk, and naked, allegedly set house on fire in failed cookie baking attempt". Now that's more like it. Special shout out to #3 as well "Florida man and woman have sex in back of police car after getting arrested for DUI".

Management training classes are so soul draining. Ten hours to tell me that I need to be sensitive to the needs of the peons that work for me. Oh, wait, lesson 1 was to not think of them as chess pieces I can move around to accomplish my goals. I'm supposed to care about their opinions and shit, because it makes them easier to exploit.

This was the worst class to put me in. It seems like it should be in my wheelhouse because it's ostensibly about respecting people from all cultures and lifestyles. Yet, I can't help be cynical, because it's the big corporation trying to make me go woke to avoid lawsuits and at the end of the day it's still all about pushing employees to get everything I can out of them, but now I pretend I care about their perspective too.

we are a small company- the other day someone from upper management tried to convince a co-worker that you should make yourself replacable and then your true value will shine vs making yourself indispensable

we share an office.
it's her dad's company (co-owner)
she is going to be his successor.

LT:

55f709fd3ec216453352107a92a16514b1244d27.jpg

"Florida man busted for cocaine, meth bags wrapped around his penis"

'Florida man kicking swans' no!
'Florida man threatens to 'shoot all employees' at a pet store over sick puppies' hm...
'Florida man breaks into house, plays with toy helicopter, eats salad, masturbates' fascinating

Alright, I think I'll play this "Florida man" 'game' too. (Btw, since I'm not American, I have no idea what would cause Florida men in particular to behave weirdly - is there something in the weather there that makes them go nuts or something?)

My result: "Florida man arrested, caught on video using samurai sword to fight over wheelbarrow"

Tbh, at first I was kinda apprehensive about what result I'd get, given some of the results others got, but it seems that thankfully mine isn't all that offputting but rather kinda stupid in a weirdly cool way instead.

Back