Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Some days I wonder if I should seek out a psychologist or a therapist but I'm not entirely sure how to go about finding one nor how to tell if they're a reliable one. Plus I don't think now's the best time to try and find one.

Some days I wonder if I should seek out a psychologist or a therapist but I'm not entirely sure how to go about finding one nor how to tell if they're a reliable one. Plus I don't think now's the best time to try and find one.
looking up their qualifications might be a good move to know if they're reliable. as for seeking them out in the first place, i'm not sure. maybe you can look up psychologists in your city or something.

LT: Looks like I'm going to be spending a chunk of my day tomorrow setting up a new password manager. The one I've been using (Keeper Password Manager) is giving me weird glitches as of late, primarily when it comes to anything that requires me to confirm my password. I can log in and add new entries just fine but anything else gives me an error saying my master password is incorrect even if I just reset it or manually type it in. I'll have to manually copy each individual entry for accounts I actually use (there's a lot of cleaning up I want to do in regards to removing entries for accounts I never use anymore but I can't even delete entries without running into the same error). And in case anyone is wondering, even making a local copy of the entire thing is impossible cause that also requires password confirmation so I definitely have to do it all manually... yay >_>

kicking CocaCola week 2 addendum.

I have found out what is causing the withdrawal dreams/nightmares!
it is NOT the sugar!
it IS the caffeine!

it's a long story as to how I found this out but il try to keep it short.
from Monday to Friday iv only had 1 little 50cl mixer can of cola a day and I didn't get any nightmares.
however yesterday (Saturday). I had no cola but I did have a can of Fanta (Fanta has no caffeine). last night I had mild withdrawal dreams.
so basically I had sugar yesterday but no caffeine and got the nightmares!
so from that one can assume that the nightmares come from the caffeine and not the sugar.

knowing this should be a great help going forwards!

today will be a cola free day and so to stop me from having nightmares tonight I have had 2 cups of strong coffee this morning.
hopefully, tonight will be nightmare free!
if it is, then I know I can and will beat the sugar addiction!

that just leaves the caffeine addiction. which I will move to tackle in the next month or 2.
I need to find some way to know exactly how much caffeine I'm having each day and then taper it down.
but iv got a month before I need to tackle that as first I need to give my body time to get over the sugar withdrawal.

btw if it is correct that there are 7 spoons of sugar in each can of cola. then at the height of my addiction to cola, I was consuming around 50 spoons of sugar a day every day!

MFTD: tfw you spent WAY too much on gacha but Joey Buckets 'bout to hit you with the stimmy

0V6VCH4.png

LT: Looks like I'm going to be spending a chunk of my day tomorrow setting up a new password manager. The one I've been using (Keeper Password Manager) is giving me weird glitches as of late, primarily when it comes to anything that requires me to confirm my password. I can log in and add new entries just fine but anything else gives me an error saying my master password is incorrect even if I just reset it or manually type it in. I'll have to manually copy each individual entry for accounts I actually use (there's a lot of cleaning up I want to do in regards to removing entries for accounts I never use anymore but I can't even delete entries without running into the same error). And in case anyone is wondering, even making a local copy of the entire thing is impossible cause that also requires password confirmation so I definitely have to do it all manually... yay >_>

What about just using LastPass?

What about just using LastPass?
I thought about that but lately I've heard things about LastPass either removing features from the free version and most recently another change that's going to lock it to one device as long as you don't have premium. Bitwarden sounds nice so I might go with that.

as someone that's been through mental health services. I would advise you to learn the basic's of psychology and heal yourself!
tbh it is what I did. tho I gotta admit it took 20 years and I made many bad mistake's.
however, I would still recommend a mixed treatment of your own learning and some professional sessions!.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no bad dreams or nightmares last night :)
it seems the 2 strong cup's of coffee worked were 1 weak cup one failed!.

i had 1 mixer can of cola today. tomorrow will be cola free.
depending on how it goes tonight and tomorrow night, hopefully, Wednesday will be a cola free day too!

edit Tuesday morning
no bad dreams last night:)

from today I am only having half a spoon of sugar in my coco milkshake.
which means dropping from 5 sugars a day to 2 and a half!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite possibly the worst piece of advice I have ever read.
yeah, you missed this line out!
"However, I would still recommend a mixed treatment of your own learning and some professional sessions!."
a classic case of taking something out of context.

i shouldn't need to say this but we live in a world where everyone takes everything literally, while also misinterpreting everything that same person says!

my point was that-------a person should take an active role in their treatment and recovery!----

and the reason I say that is because too many people sit back and wait for some doctor to produce a miracle pill!
after all its what I did for 20 years until I left to left and discovered conservatism and self-reliance and responsibility at which point I made my life a lot better!
ie I stopped smoking crack and heroin! which I had been unable to do as a lefty. even tho I had tried for 20 years and been in numerous drug rehab programmes!

until I left to left and discovered conservatism and self-reliance and responsibility

You're absolutely right. Conservatives are about self-reliance and responsibility. That's why no one who voted republican should get a stimulus cheque. It's their own damn fault for losing their jobs and sinking into poverty. If they weren't so incompetent, they would all be millionaires. No mental health services for them either. If they get depression or any other mental illness, it's their own fault. They need to cure their own illness through hard work. No need to stop immigrants from coming into the country either. If a republican voter who speaks fluent English gets their job taken by a refugee who can barely string a sentence together, they are clearly a loser and need to get it together. Since you're a conservative and all about self-reliance and responsibility, I'm sure you're in complete agreement with what I'm proposing.

You're absolutely right. Conservatives are about self-reliance and responsibility. That's why no one who voted republican should get a stimulus cheque. It's their own damn fault for losing their jobs and sinking into poverty. If they weren't so incompetent, they would all be millionaires. No mental health services for them either. If they get depression or any other mental illness, it's their own fault. They need to cure their own illness through hard work. No need to stop immigrants from coming into the country either. If a republican voter who speaks fluent English gets their job taken by a refugee who can barely string a sentence together, they are clearly a loser and need to get it together. Since you're a conservative and all about self-reliance and responsibility, I'm sure you're in complete agreement with what I'm proposing.
I'm just imagining you telling this to someone who just got over a crippling addiction and then everyone slowly, awkwardly walks away while you own the conservitards in the middle of an empty parking lot to yourself lol

I'm just imagining you telling this to someone who just got over a crippling addiction and then everyone slowly, awkwardly walks away while you own the conservitards in the middle of an empty parking lot to yourself lol

Believe me, if he said the crap he has said on this website in a public parking lot, I would need to wait in line to get a chance to mock him.

Dude, that's maybe going a little too far. I kind of understand where he was coming from with what he said (although it probably wasn't worded in the best way), since I come from a country where therapy isn't exactly the most common thing yet. If you can get professional help, then of course it's better if you use it, but not everyone has the means or options (or positive experiences with it for the matter), and it doesn't hurt if you at least read about what you're experiencing and educate yourself on the subject.

This made me laugh out loud. All the claps.

Dude, that's maybe going a little too far. I kind of understand where he was coming from with what he said (although it probably wasn't worded in the best way), since I come from a country where therapy isn't exactly the most common thing yet. If you can get professional help, then of course it's better if you use it, but not everyone has the means or options (or positive experiences with it for the matter), and it doesn't hurt if you at least read about what you're experiencing and educate yourself on the subject.

I have to disagree somewhat. Crusade was clearly pointing out how ridiculous it is that political alignments have anything to do with the ability to get over something. Leftism isn’t all about being irresponsible and waiting for someone else to fix things, it’s about support networks being there to help you. Self reliance and personal responsibility are fine and all until they’re removing support networks for people who need them. Hence his jokes about removing services and stimulus cheques for people who voted republican in the US (because they choose to vote for a party who wants to reduce/eliminate those things).
It’s literally mocking how ridiculous that is.

Now Grendels point about taking responsibility and having an active role in your recovery and mental health is fine. I agree with that. But he still had help and that help was provided by services. He found those services lacking. Why? Because increased cuts and reductions to those services here in the U.K. by governments (on both sides of the coin) pandering to conservatism self reliance.

Last edited:
Well, next time I want to mock a recovered addict, I'll know just who to call. But for now I'm proud of Grendel for making such huge strides.

LT

Finals coming up, I'm about to be heading into my last quarter of university. Feels weird, I never thought I'd get here so quickly

Now Grendels point about taking responsibility and having an active role in your recovery and mental health is fine. I agree with that. But he still had help and that help was provided by services. He found those services lacking. Why? Because increased cuts and reductions to those services here in the U.K. by governments (on both sides of the coin) pandering to conservatism self reliance.
Ayn Rand relied on welfare to survive, too. Sensing a pattern.
And what you describe is called "starve the beast"(a name literally invented by conservative politicians). People like a service, so how do you as a politician get rid of it without resistance? Easy enough:

You just gradually hollow out the service from the inside with restrictions, barriers, and especially funding reductions. Lots of small wounds that individually do not appear radical.
Then when the service obviously doesn't work as well anymore you just go "see how bad it works? It would be better if we just got rid of it/give this corporate interest a larger share of it!"

Last edited:
Ayn Rand relied on welfare to survive, too. Sensing a pattern.
And what you describe is called "starve the beast"(a name literally invented by conservative politicians). People like a service, so how do you as a politician get rid of it without resistance? Easy enough:

You just gradually hollow out the service from the inside with restrictions, barriers, and especially funding reductions. Lots of small wounds that individually do not appear radical.
Then when the service obviously doesn't work as well anymore you just go "see how bad it works? It would be better if we just got rid of it/give this corporate interest a larger share of it!"
This is exactly what’s happening to the NHS right now.

Back