Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Shame, I have a hard time feeling not guilty these days about Potter stuff knowing how awful Rowling is now. Also Robbie Coltrane who played Hagrid just defended Rowling recently, I am so goddamn disappointed in him and he can seriously go fuck himself.

Shame, I have a hard time feeling not guilty these days about Potter stuff knowing how awful Rowling is now. Also Robbie Coltrane who played Hagrid just defended Rowling recently, I am so goddamn disappointed in him and he can seriously go fuck himself.
She's being a dick, no doubt about that, but people are blowing it out of proportion

@Taek Very sorry for your loss. Don't even really know what else to say except it's good you have loving people by your side to help you through this. Congratz on the house for you and Nitro.

I also read somewhere that @Starletka passed something important so a late congratz for that too, I'm sure you've earned it.

LT: Oh, cool. My regional manager is paying our branch a visit tomorrow. Shoot me.

I'm totally cool with not interacting with someone who's been ramping up the passive-aggressive corporate bullshit and threats of layoffs for the past three weeks, thank you.

LT: Oh, cool. My regional manager is paying our branch a visit tomorrow. Shoot me.

I'm totally cool with not interacting with someone who's been ramping up the passive-aggressive corporate bullshit and threats of layoffs for the past three weeks, thank you.
time to call in sick

Did he really? That’s disappointing since most of the cast have voiced their opinions against what she’s been saying. At least the younger cast anyway.

She's being a dick, no doubt about that, but people are blowing it out of proportion
Did you see the company she promoted on her Twitter most recently? The things it is selling are disgusting. The things she is saying are is bullshit.

I’m with Gens overall. I can’t enjoy HP or her Strike novels anymore. She doesn't deserve to be revered. Doesn’t matter how philanthropic she’s been in the past and will be in the future. Idc if people think this is “cancel culture”. It’s my choice. My conscience won’t let me let it slide.

Did he really? That’s disappointing since most of the cast have voiced their opinions against what she’s been saying. At least the younger cast anyway.

Did you see the company she promoted on her Twitter most recently? The things it is selling are disgusting. The things she is saying are is bullshit.

I’m with Gens overall. I can’t enjoy HP or her Strike novels anymore. She doesn't deserve to be revered. Doesn’t matter how philanthropic she’s been in the past and will be in the future. Idc if people think this is “cancel culture”. It’s my choice. My conscience won’t let me let it slide.
No, I didn't. Because I'm not following her or caring what she says for a while now. And I'm not buying her books either. First world problem solved. Literally there are trans and gay people being killed every day in the world, but some author writing stupid shit like "people with vaginas are women" on Twitter has to be in the headlines every other day like the worst atrocity ever committed on mankind. Just block her. That's it. Blowing it so out of proportion only adds fuel to her supporters, since they see her as the victim, and it will only get worse.

No, I didn't. Because I'm not following her or caring what she says for a while now. And I'm not buying her books either. First world problem solved. Literally there are trans and gay people being killed every day in the world, but some author writing stupid shit like "people with vaginas are women" on Twitter has to be in the headlines every other day like the worst atrocity ever committed on mankind. Just block her. That's it. Blowing it so out of proportion only adds fuel to her supporters, since they see her as the victim, and it will only get worse.
She has a humongous platform already, and you've not paid attention if you think all she's said was "people with vaginas are women." And that's not even getting into her open support on that huge platform for openly self-declared nazis.

And yes, trans people are killed all the time. People like Rowling emboldens those who perpetuate a culture that lets it happen. Those murder and violence motives don't spawn out of the aether. Bigots don't vanish by ignoring them, no different than how homophobia has not been fought by staying quiet on that issue either.

LT: Read some stuff about rat kings today and thought about how life would suck if I was stuck together with like 30 strangers for the rest of my life.

Implies I follow her. I don’t. But things are so reshared these days it’s hard to avoid.

She has a humongous platform already, and you've not paid attention if you think all she's said was "people with vaginas are women." And that's not even getting into her open support on that huge platform for openly self-declared nazis.

And yes, trans people are killed all the time. People like Rowling emboldens those who perpetuate a culture that lets it happen. Those murder and violence motives don't spawn out of the aether. Bigots don't vanish by ignoring them, no different than how homophobia has not been fought by staying quiet on that issue either.

This. Burying your head in the sand on issues don’t make issues go away. It just removes the road blocks for the people committing them

citation needed.
Stop playing devils advocate

Am I so out of touch that I had no idea what everyone was talking about? I literally had to google "what happened with JK Rowling" to know what was all about. I guess it's kind of a good thing that I have no social media.
Anyway, LT: The price of alcohol has increased way too much during this pandemic. If it keeps going up, I see myself making some Moonshine at home lol.

Am I so out of touch that I had no idea what everyone was talking about? I literally had to google "what happened with JK Rowling" to know what was all about. I guess it's kind of a good thing that I have no social media.
Not like it matters anyways, keeping up with this stuff basically only means pissing yourself off.

I do have some social media and I didn't know either. Can't say I gained anything from the knowledge other than a renewed disappointment in humans. If I judged everything based on the character of the people who made it, I'd be angry, exhausted and have nothing to consume.

Not like it matters anyways, keeping up with this stuff basically only means pissing yourself off.

Precisely. I see people judging others for not being aware, but honestly, I refuse to live my life continually pissed off by the stupidity of others. I get enough of that at my job, which I can't avoid, but I'm damned well not going to put up with that crap on my own time.

LT: My backup anime list could really use a revamp- It's far too long and disorganized. However, my motivation to spend hours making a spreadsheet for this is absolutely nil.

Last edited:
LT: I've met a shitload of people in my life who think that when you like a character that must mean you are in love with them and want to have sex with them, because you can't like a fictional person just for the sake of liking them as a character (ergo everyone always assumes I'm bi ... yeah, right, because I like this particular cluster of drawn lines together must mean I like penises). Anyway ... now that makes me wonder how these exact people approach liking characters like Number 5, and I ... honestly really don't want to know. You know it's there, somewhere, lurking on the internet and just the thought is sufficiently disgusting. I don't want to know.

tumblr_inline_mi6kw3bwdk1qdias7.gif

Back