Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
One reason I think I can't really wrap my head around far right ideology and the reason I haven't really bought into Communism or Anarchism is because such ideologies are predicated on the idea that a utopia did/does exist and is achievable but I personally think that every person has some kind of flaw nor can they fully live up to an ideal thus a utopia created by a human system is always doomed to either be imperfect or brief before being corrupted by greed, ambition or what have you.

In other words, you've got your head on straight and actually see the world for what it is, not what you'd like it to be. If only people could find some middle ground, I think a lot of our social problems would sort themselves out- as much as they can, at least. This extreme ideological dichotomy we have going on in the US at least is defeating the purpose of the system. Alas, it seems to be in human nature to tend toward extremes.

They were online modules where you took a pre-test where you needed 7 out 10 question right to pass and about an hour to finish all three on drugs, alcohol, and consent. After that, you needed to pass the post-test to see what classes you were registered for.

God, I'm having flashbacks to the shitty, mandatory online trainings and refreshers in the military. There was one fucking module about cybersecurity that looked like it was made by a teenager currently experimenting with wine and Xanax and you had to take it every year otherwise you'd get a negative counseling from your command. Then there were the bimonthly "don't rape people" and "don't do drugs" meetings.

In other words, you've got your head on straight and actually see the world for what it is, not what you'd like it to be. If only people could find some middle ground, I think a lot of our social problems would sort themselves out- as much as they can, at least. This extreme ideological dichotomy we have going on in the US at least is defeating the purpose of the system. Alas, it seems to be in human nature to tend toward extremes.

Indeed although I think that's mostly because humans really love sorting things into categories and anything that makes their ego feel good which unfortunately is easily manipulated by the current toxic ecosystem of echo chambers, bad faith actors (or flat out grifters) and fringe media outlets gaming social media algorithms to lure people in and feed their confirmation bias.

Indeed although I think that's mostly because humans really love sorting things into categories and anything that makes their ego feel good which unfortunately is easily manipulated by the current toxic ecosystem of echo chambers, bad faith actors (or flat out grifters) and fringe media outlets gaming social media algorithms to lure people in and feed their confirmation bias.

I'll just leave a virtual thumbs-up here.

They decided to do skies on like why to study instead of partying or something like that. I just remember in one of the skits a kid calls his mom and his mom just responds the way adults do in Charlie Brown. It was rather cringey.

They were online modules where you took a pre-test where you needed 7 out 10 question right to pass and about an hour to finish all three on drugs, alcohol, and consent. After that, you needed to pass the post-test to see what classes you were registered for.

That's actually hilarious..........I don't think I really even partied or anything though in university. I was there to study and work my ass off which is what I paid for, not to goof off everyday.

On the topic of categories, it's more about being right these days than even trying to understand what the other person is saying which is why so little progress is made. It's just depressing honestly.

On the topic of categories, it's more about being right these days than even trying to understand what the other person is saying which is why so little progress is made. It's just depressing honestly.

That goes back to the the ego feeding aspect I mentioned, they feel they're right because their social media clique talk about how right they are, the YouTubers and Twitter users they follow tell them they're right and FreedomEagle.com posts articles showing how right they are, so how can they be wrong?

I'm sorry
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Parkinson's is horrible.
My

My condolences for your loss
sorry for your loss.
i lost my father a couple years ago so i know how hard it is, if you need any advice on dealing with grief don't hesitate to pm me!
You have my sympathies.
Very sorry for your loss... :(

Thanks everyone.

Did you take the AICE,(Cambridge Exams), tests?

took a bit of Googling to determine that this AICE thing is not the same as what i took, the GCE "A" level. as someone who took the GCE, i didn't have any compulsory subjects and just took bio, chem and physics. no compulsory subjects other than English General that is, which doesn't actually count for anything.

Ok, that's just weird. Then again, I transferred to university after getting my associate's degree at a local community college, so maybe I skipped all that. Idk. Anyway, don't stress- everyone freaks out the first couple of weeks, but then you settle into things. If I had to do college over, the only things I'd do differently would be to try out more clubs and do at least one internship. Because it is possible to graduate and still not know what you want to do. However, sounds like you have a better idea than I ever did.

Oh, and crocodile-wrangling neighbor is hilarious. I used to hate being from the boonies, but now I realize I was kind of lucky.
I mean, my better idea is getting a bachelor's degree in accounting. I'm just nervous I'll change my mind. Hopefully, I'll end up joining a few clubs and mak8ng new friends. He was a great neighbor. Apparently, he also paint their house puke green. His son was a few years younger than me and looked like Ben 10.
That's actually hilarious..........I don't think I really even partied or anything though in university. I was there to study and work my ass off which is what I paid for, not to goof off everyday.
The skits were cringey funny with another one being annoyed about Riverdale and something about being bisexual? Idk, it was a bit all over the place. I'll probably end being the one not invited to parties due to being focused on academics like in high school.

took a bit of Googling to determine that this AICE thing is not the same as what i took, the GCE "A" level. as someone who took the GCE, i didn't have any compulsory subjects and just took bio, chem and physics. no compulsory subjects other than English General that is, which doesn't actually count for anything.
Huh, I didn't know about A Levels. It makes sense that it would work differently for other places. Considering how worthless some of them were ex. Thinking Skills, it makes sense to just take the science classes. Not that I would have passed those ones

Do you want to die? Because that's how I died. :D
I mean, death by accounting is the way to go. It seemed like a good idea five months ago. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to get into a computer class to learn about Microsoft and all the programs I need for the intro to Financial Accounting.

Huh, I didn't know about A Levels. It makes sense that it would work differently for other places. Considering how worthless some of them were ex. Thinking Skills, it makes sense to just take the science classes. Not that I would have passed those ones

I was kinda intrigued by "Thinking Skills" and might have taken it but my school didn't offer it together with science subjects and/or not enough people were interested in taking it for it to be worthwhile for them to offer the course.

I was kinda intrigued by "Thinking Skills" and might have taken it but my school didn't offer it together with science subjects and/or not enough people were interested in taking it for it to be worthwhile for them to offer the course.
Yeah, my high school had only some of the AICE classes tat Cambridge offered. We didn't have AICE Biology,

LT:

Milk got spoiled in the fridge because there was a hole in the bag, well that sucks.
Why is milk even in a bag?

LT: My grandma on my mother's side died yesterday. She had been suffering from Parkinson's for years and thankfully passed away in her sleep. She loved Elvis and rock 'n' roll so wherever she is now I hope she can dance her butt off.
Sorry to hear dude. Hope she’s shaking her hips.

well, you are American after all... in my part of the world though, it's "high school" and "college" that are interchangeable. kind of. i mean, college is where you go for a year or two before you are qualified to apply for university. i believe that's how it is in the UK too...
Correct!
You also do your undergrad and post grad at university here.

LT:

EU travel banning the US:

WastefulGroundedLiger-size_restricted.gif
I am shooketh.

LT: My grandma on my mother's side died yesterday. She had been suffering from Parkinson's for years and thankfully passed away in her sleep. She loved Elvis and rock 'n' roll so wherever she is now I hope she can dance her butt off.
I'm sorry for your loss, dude.

LT: I swear my customers must have come up with a fun new community game where they try to piss me off as much as humanly possible while I strain to hold enough composure to keep my job. I had another notary customer today who gave me a driver's license that expired in 2019, so I ask her for a valid ID. She hands me another driver's license that expired in 2015. Cue me burying my head in my hands and asking if she has any current ID. "Oh I left it at home"

Please kill me.

Back