Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Always loved the pull and peel type foods. Loved the cheestrings for that reason.. Sometimes for full flavour mix I eat them whole, but that's usually for first try and new flavours. After that, pull them off bit by sexy bit and savour.

Great minds think alike :drinking:

I got a random call from a secondary school classmates mam the other day. She was mainly calling to see if her eldest son could move in with me.... O.o

Fuck lad. Keep yourself safe there!

I don't think we can get them over here at all. Personally I was underwhelmed when I tried them in America and Canada (like different country was going to make a difference :() Chewits fruity wands are much tastier.

Our figure hasn't moved from 5 recovered either. Hospitals are pretty much full, death toll is rising as are cases, but most people are waiting days to weeks to get tested. Results take about as long to come back. Some testing centres have even closed. Parents neighbours are still waiting to get tested after 10 days (were told 5). Another person I know was finally tested last week after waiting nearly two weeks, nearly recovered but test was positive. Real numbers are absolutely higher than are published. I'm in the place with the highest case numbers. Yay :(

Milk Duds are good, even for Hershey chocolate :/

Umm what???!
giphy.gif

What. The. Absolute. Flying. Fuck?! O.o

Aunt and uncle have a penchant for putting ketchup on feckin' everything. It's quite horrendous.

The fuck is this shite America??
giphy.gif

Do I even want to know? O.o

Nakama power?
I see you and I have the same reaction to this food! D:
And I thought I was already strange with food combos...

Fuck lad. Keep yourself safe there!

Oh yeah, no, so I've been placed on paid administrative leave from the bank because a member of the overnight crew at the store (not my department so I didn't encounter the individual) tested positive for the virus. My sister (the one I live with) also tested positive. So I've been placed in quarantine. As of right now I still work the overnight job, though, since America still has to eat and I'm asymptomatic.

I was freaking out yesterday, since now I share a house with someone with an active infection and I'm a vulnerable individual (smoker + blood pressure issues: I've had both hypertension and hypotension in the last ten years). The situation in New York also isn't comforting. Bergen County (where I live) is at max capacity. There are no more hospital beds or ventilators left. A Navy hospital ship is docked off Manhattan. The convention center was turned into a military hospital. Another emergency hospital was erected in Central Park. The number of dead have overwhelmed the morgues and they're using refrigeration trucks to store the dead bodies. And the worst is yet to come. April is going to be a bloodbath for the United States, and my city in particular.

But you know what? This is New York. Our ironworkers saw us through the Great Depression. Our dockworkers through World War II. Our journalists through Vietnam and the Nixon administration. Our firefighters through 9/11. Our maintenance workers through Hurricane Sandy. Now it's our doctors and nurses on the frontlines. Every time New York gets blasted we just hit back harder, so literally all I have to do is stay at home, order a pizza, pay my taxes, and go to my overnight job and keep my community fed. That's it. That's the bargain. So I'm keeping myself isolated and safe when I can - and watching a shitload of anime while I do. It ain't a bad deal.

Oh yeah, no, so I've been placed on paid administrative leave from the bank because a member of the overnight crew at the store (not my department so I didn't encounter the individual) tested positive for the virus. My sister (the one I live with) also tested positive. So I've been placed in quarantine. As of right now I still work the overnight job, though, since America still has to eat and I'm asymptomatic.

I was freaking out yesterday, since now I share a house with someone with an active infection and I'm a vulnerable individual (smoker + blood pressure issues: I've had both hypertension and hypotension in the last ten years). The situation in New York also isn't comforting. Bergen County (where I live) is at max capacity. There are no more hospital beds or ventilators left. A Navy hospital ship is docked off Manhattan. The convention center was turned into a military hospital. Another emergency hospital was erected in Central Park. The number of dead have overwhelmed the morgues and they're using refrigeration trucks to store the dead bodies. And the worst is yet to come. April is going to be a bloodbath for the United States, and my city in particular.

But you know what? This is New York. Our ironworkers saw us through the Great Depression. Our dockworkers through World War II. Our journalists through Vietnam and the Nixon administration. Our firefighters through 9/11. Our maintenance workers through Hurricane Sandy. Now it's our doctors and nurses on the frontlines. Every time New York gets blasted we just hit back harder, so literally all I have to do is stay at home, order a pizza, pay my taxes, and go to my overnight job and keep my community fed. That's it. That's the bargain. So I'm keeping myself isolated and safe when I can - and watching a shitload of anime while I do. It ain't a bad deal.

Aw shit man. I hope your sister doesn’t get too ill. Should you even be going to work at all. That would be a complete no-no here, regardless of your job being necessary.

Aw shit man. I hope your sister doesn’t get too ill. Should you even be going to work at all. That would be a complete no-no here, regardless of your job being necessary.

The bank and the store have two totally separate criteria for quarantine. The bank is way more conservative: they put me in quarantine on Friday, even though the person who was infected on the overnight shift was 15m away from me at any given time.

The store, not so much. So long as I haven't had direct contact with an infected person and don't display any symptoms of the virus, I'm not considered an infection vector.

My sister's doing fine so far. She has the most common symptoms (fever, persistent dry cough, and fatigue) but nothing else. She's not in any high risk categories or has underlying conditions and was relatively fit before she was infected so based on what we know, she'll be in the 81% of cases with mild symptoms. She was very quick to quarantine as well, and me and my niece have taken turns dropping food and water in front of her room a la hikikomori-style. So far I'd describe my risk of infection as moderate. But so long as I'm asymptomatic and keep avoiding my sister, I've been given the green-light to continue working the overnight.

The bank and the store have two totally separate criteria for quarantine. The bank is way more conservative: they put me in quarantine on Friday, even though the person who was infected on the overnight shift was 15m away from me at any given time.

The store, not so much. So long as I haven't had direct contact with an infected person and don't display any symptoms of the virus, I'm not considered an infection vector.

My sister's doing fine so far. She has the most common symptoms (fever, persistent dry cough, and fatigue) but nothing else. She's not in any high risk categories or has underlying conditions and was relatively fit before she was infected so based on what we know, she'll be in the 81% of cases with mild symptoms. She was very quick to quarantine as well, and me and my niece have taken turns dropping food and water in front of her room a la hikikomori-style. So far I'd describe my risk of infection as moderate. But so long as I'm asymptomatic and keep avoiding my sister, I've been given the green-light to continue working the overnight.
Oh well fingers crossed that you don’t get it. I still think you should also be isolating, at least for the two weeks, but hey ho.

I’m back at work myself. Yesterday we had a grand total of 43 transactions and only 2 of them were cash. Today’s goal is 0 cash. There are only four shops open including mine on the main park, and the supermarket in the corner which isn’t classed as part of the shopping park because different land owners. Basically we’re just cleaning a lot, date checking and stock counting because what else can three people do when you’re only allowed 2 customers in store but can’t be within 2m of them.

Generation z shouldn’t be old enough to make movies yet. I’m not old enough for them to be old enough. It’s weird. Stop it.
Ya see that's why I have problems. 80s slasher movies were made by boomers that used Gen X stars. Now the rare slasher is made by millenials with gen z stars. So to admit I hate then is to admit that my generation is the bullshit. Scream is great but it was made by a boomer. I don't know how to admit it influenced my generation to a sickening point that I just can't accept that it influenced movies 2o years later crap.

Oh yes. I've seen bizarre stuff sold too... mayochup, kranch, etc. and don't get me started on the potato chip/crisp flavors!
tenor.gif

Yea, no, nough said, I don't want to know.
Omg yes thank you so much!!

Also,

chicken-and-waffles-17.jpg

Fucking southern U.S. gold (although, to be fair, I'm not liking the look of those waffles.)
Grand stuff :)

Also NO!!!
tenor.gif

Weird shite like that ain't coming next door near my restaurant. You're fired before you even get the job XD

Jesus fucking Christ Almighty tonight, Mary and the carpenter!!! I really really hope you and your sister stay safe. If you're in quarantine, then shouldn't you you know quarantine and isolate? Especially being vulnerable like that?? Fuck the rest of the hoarders, they probably don't give two shites anyway. Even if you are asymptomatic, you can still be a carrier and pass it on.

It is not a comforting situation over there. I saw a video log of one of the ER docs and he has to go round all different hospitals in NY, it was tough to watch and I'm a coldhearted bitch :/ Situation is not much better here, sure we have less cases but we're just as under prepared (government has royally fucked over Health services here the last 20+ years). My old college donated their ventilators to the hospital, not enough but might help a couple more people. My sisters company is flat out trying to make more ventilators too but hospitals don't have room even with private ones opening up their doors to public free of charge. They are also looking into refrigerated storage in preparation for overflow of morgues.

It's the same with us Irish, still around and kicking even after all the shite the world has thrown at us over the centuries. We are the fighting Irish, we will come through this again, but the cost is going to be high no matter what.

That's kinda messed up, I'd go with what the bank is telling you, especially as you said you're in the vulnerable category. Better safe than sorry.

It doesn't always take direct contact to be infected though, fomites can do it just as easily, and the infected person was stocking shelves right? O.O Sanitise the shite out of that place. Again, can be a carrier without symptoms. Why are ye all taking the risk?! @_@

Glad to hear your sister is doing alright, hope it stays that way. But please all of you take care. I know you need the money and shite, but it really isn't worth it right now lad. But end of the day its' your choice. Stay safe.

Also NO!!!
tenor.gif

Weird shite like that ain't coming next door near my restaurant. You're fired before you even get the job XD
Well bless my stars, I thought you, of all people, would give a food a fighting chance before throwing it away!

That's it.

I'm going to befriend a southern U.S. expat living in Ireland and convince him to make a southern soul food food truck and drive around Ireland 24/7, just so you can give it a chance!

Back