Kuragehime

Episode 10:

Oh how wonderful!
Shu might actually fall this woman. I kinda like the dynamic they've got going, with her totally wearing the trousers and finding him equal parts amusing and equal parts dorky. The tears in his eyes showed he genuinely cared, which was too sweet for words. That cemented him as a worthy character in my mind... until now he'd been a bit weak on the relevancy scale.

My favourite moments involved that yukata woman sowing like mad and Kuranosuke's exclamations of wonder. However, with only one episode to go, I'm seriously concerned this show won't conclude in a satisfying manner. I mean, we're talking the brother/bitch subplot, Tsukimi/Kuranosuke, and then the whole real estate thing. Do we know anything of a second season?

Episode 10:

Oh how wonderful!
Shu might actually fall this woman. I kinda like the dynamic they've got going, with her totally wearing the trousers and finding him equal parts amusing and equal parts dorky. The tears in his eyes showed he genuinely cared, which was too sweet for words. That cemented him as a worthy character in my mind... until now he'd been a bit weak on the relevancy scale.
I think I like ShuxShouko, though it feels a bit too "pair the spares"/ trying to get rid of competition for their manic pixie dream boy.
My favourite moments involved that yukata woman sowing like mad and Kuranosuke's exclamations of wonder. However, with only one episode to go, I'm seriously concerned this show won't conclude in a satisfying manner. I mean, we're talking the brother/bitch subplot, Tsukimi/Kuranosuke, and then the whole real estate thing. Do we know anything of a second season?

And whatever happened to Kuranosuke's mother. I wish this would get a second season, but that seems unlikely (noitaminA shows rarely do, unless they're Nodame Cantabile).

Episode 11:

Wow, wrapped everything up EXCEPT
the potential romance between Kuranosuke and Tsukimi.That makes sense, I guess since the show is based on an ongoing manga.

Despite that, I was pleased and surprised at the total lack of Deus Ex Machina to resolve the conflicts. A lot of coincidences, yes, and a slightly rushed feeling, but generally the free-flowing energy and comedy covered up its weaknesses well.

I want a second season.. I want more cute guys that can pass themselves off as girls, even without a wig or pads.

I feel like there will be a second season. I sure hope so.

Episode 11
Well I was pretty satisfied wth that ending. There weren't any comic spots that were that weak - the Prime Minister was bearable, anyway - and if the manga is ongoing that explains why the seres toys with a couple of things that were in practice dead ends.
Kuroansuke wants to really see his mother... yeah, might have been good to just excise that plot point entriely if they weren't going to give us payoff.

Also: A reference to the Burmese Harp? In an anime? Pretty sure that's the only Ichikawa reference I've ever seen.

I think I like ShuxShouko, though it feels a bit too "pair the spares"/ trying to get rid of competition for their manic pixie dream boy.
Didn't even occur to me they were doing that until this episode.
I still preferred Shu and Tsukimi, either way, I had thought Shu was more being an awkward gentleman towards Inari before this episode dropped that sudden twist. I guess the show prefers pairing the 'experienced' characters with the hopelessly naive ones because they find them surprisingly attractive, but eh.

Second season? Ehh. I can live with this and felt it tied itself neatly enough, and I'm not that interested in a fashion series.

Didn't even occur to me they were doing that until this episode.

Hmm, I was getting hints of that from the moment they kept throwing them into scenes together arguing and one trying to run from the other.
I thought the idea of Tsukimi x Shu would never have worked since the two are way too similar to engage each other.

episode 11.... felt rushed
i could have used 1 more episodes to make the last bit run a little smoother, seemsed really rushed. the weird coincidence with the girl who loves afro's was kind of funny, but i felt cheated by the "Oh no we put the curtain around the wrong house." resolution.
i really liked this series, but the end brought it down slightly for me... 3.5 i think i'll leave it at.

Started this up yesterday. I'm up to ep 3.

I hope it remains as enjoyable throughout the rest of the series. I love Tsukimi's VA, she's done a bunch of roles I loved so far.

Finished. This was a fun series. It did come across as a little cliche (the ugly duckling shoujo story) at times, but enjoyable nonetheless. Wouldn't mind a 2nd season, but like Valondar would be satisfied with just this.

Would have liked to see a little more char development with Kuronosuke and his family, but it was only an 11 ep series so I guess I couldn't expect too much.

I really want to watch this anime, but I don't think it likes me. :< I tried downloading the first episode, but it had no sound (ugh), and since I don't use anime-streaming sites, I'm just waiting for the DVD release now (if it is ever released on DVD... or comes to the bloody UK =_=;).

It probably did have sound... maybe you are using the wrong player/codec or if using VLC/MPC/Zoom you need to select the track? It's a common mistake.

I am really looking forward to picking this one up for next week's AP marathon.

@Coffeebreath Yeah, I suspected it was the player, but I haven't quite found anything as good as Zoomplayer (the player you get with CCCP) since I went from Windows to Mac. I use Perian (an add-on for Quicktime), and VLC if Perian doesn't work, but so far those are my only two options. :<

This was a fantastic anime! Absolutely fantastic! Words cannot express my love for this show enough
One of the most realistic, relatable, and well paced animes I have seen in a long time.
This anime, to me, was close to perfect. The animation and art style were great, the plot was fantastic, the characters were lovable, and...it was just a wonderful experience
There were only two nitpicks that stood out though;
The issue with the relation between Inari and Shu, leaving the problem with Inari liking Shu out in the open, and Shu not even giving Tsukimi a second thought anymore. And the ending. But both were due to the show needing an ending while the manga is still going strong.
But thats only if you really nitpick it

This anime holds a special place in my heart (and on its #1 spot on my favorites list) :love:
And yes, it needs a sequel

it is as close to a perfect anime for me as any has gotten...it lacks nothing except continuation....

Back