KonoSuba: An Explosion on this Wonderful World!

Dropping at ep3, if something actually happens and you are still here, please pm me. This one seems too boring.

Ps. Most of this season is either boring or generic, or is it only for me? I'm dropping shows like never before.

if i had a penny for every time a show had an episode that had last episode vibes i would have a couple pennies. i got another one from that episode.
i was wondering what was going to happen to the cat because the first time we saw it was in season two. my theory is that she either hid the cat for some stupid reason or she lost it and really did just find it again, but i can imagine her sneaking away food to feed it so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
and the DUCK i swear last week as soon as i saw it i was screaming 'KILL IT FOR THE XP' and when it didn't even mention it i was distraught but then it threw a curveball and the duck actually did give her xp man i was fucking rolling
if anyone here other than me still has hope for this show and is debating continuing to watch at least watch until this episode because it was fucking amazing

Last edited:
SHE SAID IT! SHE SAID THE THING! SHE DID THE THING WITH THE THING!
Wrap it up boys, shows over. That's all we were here to see.

Hmm? That wasn't the end? Oh, okay.

ep 5 was the first ep i actually laughed and mostly cuz of her little sister.

at least this one was a little bit more konosuba and less generic harry potter

Well, episode 5 for better and worse feels like the perfect place to stop watching this while feeling like it wasn't a waste of time.

Best thing in the entire show? The ending credits visuals by far.

Episode 5:

So we finally get to see Megumin use her iconic Explosion magic for the first time, and even the instance when she named her cat familiar.

I do agree with others that Megumin's little sister stole the episode with her cuteness and how overtly friendly she was with the demons.

Don't know if I'll continue on with this series as it seems that the best part happened. But I like to finish what I start so I'll watch it through to the end.

EP5

Like everyone said, Komeko stole the episode this week and as now surprise would have it, it was the best episode.
Komeko's antics aside, The episode was actually okay, I don't care for Megumin using her stupid explosion or anything, but it was nice seeing YunYun do something, Megumin finally do something and people not just making me yawn and regret my decision to watch this.

Don't get me wrong, I do regret picking it up and watching it but my point is, this episode was actually okay... finally, 1 good episode.

at least this one was a little bit more konosuba
This is probably the one reason i felt it wasn't a trash episode.

i like how each item that megumin has was given to her by a friend, funifura gave her the staff, arue gave her the eyepatch, and yunyun gave her the cape, but my question is where she got the fucking hat from. easily the most recognisable part of her and she just weighs up with it like it was a bit of fluff on her shirt.

also arcanretia? i'm kind of in a love hate relationship with the way they're doing things like we've already seen arcanretia and it's cool thinking that it was megumin's second time going in the second season but they could also just...do something new instead? make a different place she went to and make the konosuba cast go there in the next season?

it kind of got me thinking because most long series' don't have an entire season dedicated to a small portion of the characters, so it makes me think that they have big plans for the rest of it. worldbuilding and all that shit.
i spoke a bit too soon with the cat rant from last episode. glad that got cleared up quickly.

the rest of konosuba skimmed over what felt like some important pieces of information, but watching this gives me hope that any more questions that i had or will have about the series will be answered just as easily.

konosuba as a whole is one of my favourite anime because it was one of the first i ever watched, so that might be the reason i'm biased towards thinking it's good compared to a lot of other people here who think it's not as good as the rest. rose tinted glasses i guess.

Last edited:
Ep7:
I liked this town a lot more in the original show. Though creepy priest guy did make me laugh at least when he bailed on megumin with the built cop guy.

Can't we just have some episodes of Megu and YunYun adventuring together or something? It feels like they just trying to recycle old locations this episode to remind us this show isn't as good as the times we visited these in the proper show. At least make use of Yunyun, she is one character who isn't used much in the Konosuba show, the spin-off could use that to be less disappointing to megu, right?

Ep7:
I liked this town a lot more in the original show. Though creepy priest guy did make me laugh at least when he bailed on megumin with the built cop guy.

Can't we just have some episodes of Megu and YunYun adventuring together or something? It feels like they just trying to recycle old locations this episode to remind us this show isn't as good as the times we visited these in the proper show. At least make use of Yunyun, she is one character who isn't used much in the Konosuba show, the spin-off could use that to be less disappointing to megu, right?
Yeah I'm considering dropping this because it's so slow and pointless. Now that we saw her cast explosion for the first time, what else is the draw?

I do think they missed opportunity during the fortune telling not to have hinted at Kazuma as her future lover.

Yeah I'm considering dropping this because it's so slow and pointless. Now that we saw her cast explosion for the first time, what else is the draw?
I never really cared for her explosion learning, I kind of just figured this was using Megumin due to her popularity, which is fine i guess but it feels overkill considering there is nothing to do at this point. I argue the show would of obviously been better making a Konosuba 3, in which if that wasn't on the cards for whatever reason, base the show on a minor character. Megumin works at her best as a support character, not to say she can't be in the spotlight but she works with others, her best moments are usually with company (namely, Kazuma) and her solo play don't work. Also, whilst i get its her personality, her current explosion set is weird, Kazuma kind of resigned to it being his job to recover the life-less Megumin body after a cast, now it's a case of hoping someone (Yunyun) is nearby, which just feels meh.

I do think they missed opportunity during the fortune telling not to have hinted at Kazuma as her future lover.
I really wanted this too. I could see they don't want to risk this move as they might not see Megu x Kazu as set in stone (I not read the manga so who knows, I know there is the spin-off but that's not main story), but it could of been a fun thing to add in, even if they was leaving and he shows up as they walk-out (which one could argue wouldn't change her view of him when they meet in the main show), it could of been a fun nod to the show.

But alas, I think this show just has no real material. It's literally copy/paste Megumin and that's it, nothing happens and the few good moments are just shows to the real show. I'm not saying people can't enjoy this but like this episode, the time they visit with Kazuma and Aqua feels more enjoyable and entertaining (I'm sure Megumin was more surprised that time too which makes inserting this episode feels weirdly out of place as it now clashes with the main show).

I mean, this would have happened with anyone. Konosuba is a great ensemble comedy, but if it's just one character all the time, of course it gets old fast. I'm a Darkness guy no lie, but an entire show of her doing her bit with no one else around would get tiring even for me.

Ep8
So... nothing happens is the gist of this episode? Right. Filler, just like next week will be, well, like the whole show probably will be now until she reaches the capital in which we will get probably 2 episodes and it ends just before the good Konosuba begins.

Back