Known issues & upcoming projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
The following items are either known bugs/issues or projects we are planning or working on. Threads that cover these topics will be moved to 'Completed Requests' as duplicates.

Tooltips
  • The right side ones hang off the edge/can't read them
  • They have annoying overlap timing issues or otherwise suck in general
  • They should have more status options than just "Want to watch"
  • They need studio information to be competetive with other chart sites

We're very aware of all of these problems and are working on a good desktop/mobile solution for the tooltips. We might need to change it entirely, we might have two different ones for mobile vs desktop, it's all being debated/planned. This is NOT an easy solution and is not a quick fix, but it's very top of mind / we are working on it.

I believe these have all been addressed now. ~Drahken

Anime-Planet mobile app

We're first and foremost dedicated to getting a really good/slick mobile browsing experience for lists, tables, etc. We're checking in small changes for this on an ongoing basis and it's one of the primary things we're focusing on.

Up until recently my answer to this is 'no, we're doing good mobile design instead', but I've been changing my opinion recently and we might indeed launch a simple AP app. At minimum it might be a quick view into the site, or we might enable push notifications/other aspects. There is no current ETA but we will update this once there is one. Please do not reply to this thread asking if there is an ETA, as if there is, we'll post about it here.

Export list

This is still planned and is in development. It's a lower priority than a bunch of big features we're working on

Ability to filter your feed by a type (status, reviews, etc)

This is flat out not possible right now, but we have a bigger work item to change how the feed works so things like this will be possible. Once it's possible, this is definitely something we want to add.

Ability to filter your feed by a type (status, reviews, etc)

There's a known issue where the yearly badges duplicate in your feed. It's a tricky issue to figure out but we're still hoping we can figure it out someday.

Conversation view for comments

We have a design for this but it's not coded yet and is low priority compared to other features. There's an internal tracking issue for this and we do plan to add it eventually.

Merging the site and forum accounts

This is one of the current things we're focusing on - MORE INFO HERE

Global search with autocomplete

This is something else we really want to launch - it requires some UX work and decisions and we aren't in a place to implement it at the moment. If you're a skilled UX/UI freelancer and are interested in helping out on A-P, please contact us

Want to Watch list prioritization

This is not a planned feature, but wanted to post it here since we get a lot of requests for it. As with others please don't reply and ask for status/an ETA - we may have a solution for this eventually but it's not being looked at right now.

Better 'site down' message

We know it's old - a new page will be designed at some point.

Custom list redesign / new options

We plan to add individual comment options for each line item in custom lists, plus would like to change the UX on how to add a custom list, being able to choose which custom lists display in your profile, etc.
Comments have already been added. ~Drahken

Anime/manga "notes"

For when you don't have enough to say for a review but want to add a blurb. Unknown if/when we'll do this but it's a frequent request, so adding it here.

Updated signatures and badges

We plan to roll out updated versions of both signatures and badges to align with V4 design.

Rewatching

Eventually we'll probably add a 'rewatching' status option - there is no ETA.

API

Putting this one in here so there's a place to point people to - we currently do not have plans to expose a public API.

I'll add more of these as I think of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back