Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya

Discussion in 'Upcoming Anime' started by g3data, Aug 2, 2017.

1. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  2. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Only one word pops in my mind whenever I think about this remake.

[​IMG]

The Galaxian Wars arc is not precisely the most interesting one and it doesn't make much sense to just remake that arc. I just hope they don't butcher it more than I already expect.

apoc9 likes this.
  3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

If it ain't got Bowling For Soup doing the theme song, I'm not interested.

g3data likes this.
  4. Riversofbeauty

Riversofbeauty New Member

Actually they are planning to re-adapt the first 3 story arcs of the manga(Galaxian Wars,Black Saints and Silver Saint)not just the Galaxian Wars arc.

5. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Aug 5, 2017
    It's 12 episodes and CGI too. Ruh-roh.

6. Kingbaxter

Kingbaxter New Member

Oh good god, this is gonna shoot my soul in the head, ain't it?

Truth be told, though, you yanks don't know what a saint seiya is (p.s., its not a type of fish) so i don't see why you guys care.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  7. Riversofbeauty

As much as I want to remain positive,I still can't help but worry that this remake might end up becoming a total mess.

8. Nicknames

Well, yeah. When I said the Galaxian Wars I meant that plus the Black Saints part
    (mainly until Ikki is defeated).

I know the Silver saints arc is much shorter in the manga, but I don't know how are they going to fit it with the rest in just 12 episodes without butchering some parts.

9. Riversofbeauty

I see,sorry for the misunderstanding.

In the manga the first 3 story arcs all together lasted only 25 chapters but it still would be troublesome to fit all of them into just 12 episodes so its obvious that they have to cut out a lot of content.However I still think that they could make the story work without butchering the"Silver Saints"arc.They could end the"Galaxian Wars"and"Black Saint"arcs much earlier just by making all the fights much more shorter.Like:
    When it comes to the"Galaxian Wars"arc they could make end it in just 3 episodes.I mean when they would arrive at the"Galaxian Wars"tournament in ep 2 they could make the"Seiya vs Geki"and"Hyoga vs Ichi" battles much more shorter so that they would end in just that one ep.In the third ep they would focus on the"Seiya vs Shiryu"fight (which also would be shortened)and the aftermath for the majority of the ep and then in the last mins have the"Shun vs Jabu"fight and Ikki arriving and interrupting the fight.
    The same goes for for the"Black Saints"arc.In first ep they could make things shorter by simply showing Ikki quickly telling the Black Phoenix Saints to steal the Gold Cloth and showing the Bronze Saints trying to retrieve it.In the second ep they could make Shiryu arriving to Mu's Tower faster and they could also make the fights against the Black Saints much more shorter so that they would end in one episode.In the next episode they could make the final fight against Ikki only 15 minutes long and than spend the rest of the time explaining his background story.
    So yeah the"Silver Saints"arc would be adapted into the remaining 6 episodes which is the right amount of episodes to faithfully adapt this arc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  10. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

I haven't read the manga, but adapting 25 chapters in 12 episodes is more than doable without cutting much, if anything. Hell that's actually pretty slow pacing. I'm surprised they'll be pacing a remake that slowly tbh.

11. Riversofbeauty

Not really.While its true that 25 chapters doesn't seem much,the problem is that the majority of these chapters are really long.Believe it or not they are many chapters which are 50+ pages long(in fact chapter 24 was 86 pages long)so yeah its obvious that you can't adapt them into just 12 episodes without cutting off a considerable amount of content.

12. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Ah fair enough. Considering it's a Jump series I thought they'd be the normal size. There's no way they can fit that then.

13. SailorSedna

SailorSedna New Member

I honestly don't know what to make of this except I'm afraid it could be another Sailor Moon Crystal (and spawn another fanbase as toxic as the fanbase for that anime is)... :@_@:

14. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

well... it's true that is not the most interesting, but from a narrative perspective that's the point in which the saints build up their friendship, so it is a meaningful part story-wise.

15. Nicknames

I know, but adapting just that arc + the black saints arc is akin to just readapting the Pilaf arc in Dragon Ball.

16. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

I think they will simply use the results of those episodes to decide if it's the case to produce more...

17. Riversofbeauty

Netflix released the trailer some hours ago:

Nicknames likes this.
  18. Nicknames

Took a look at hat trailer and all I can say is they are butchering the source material so badly it made Kurumada cry

19. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Dec 9, 2018
    Looks fine to me. Different for sure but not bad.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  20. Sarcataclysmal

Sarcataclysmal Database Moderator

berserk 2016 has better animation than this