Kiznaiver

what I can say is I love Sonosaki's child voice, I already decided that last episode but reaffirmed it this episode...........wonder who does it.........it's kawaii :)

Apparently this entire story is predicated on the fact that these people have never heard of the concept of empathy? Or I guess the entire city/country is full of sociopaths?

Episode 11
Did I not say that the entire thing was leading up to saving Nori-chan? Granted, they are probably going to have to save her from herself, but still. Entire bloody anime was leading up to saving the least developed character. (Ok, maybe second least-developed because Hisomu's only trait is masochism.)
While the empathy thing was a strange development, most of this episode was Katsuhira discovering he might have emotions after all, and Nori-chan refusing to give up on the Kizna project, like the previous episode.
And I agree with everyone else. Have these kids never felt empathy? Or because of the last few months, have they been Pavlovian trained to assume it's the Kizna?

Episode 12

I thought that was...adequate, I guess.

I do have some cons, for one, the first half was pretty weak. It was really preachy (well, the whole episode was a bit preachy anyways but it was more apparent in the first half) and the bullies confused me once more on the Kizna concept. Second half was better. Visuals on the bridge scene was great, and the OST continued to be really interesting and helped maintain the mood for a lot of the scenes. I still thought the dialogue was preachy as hell, but I kind of liked the idea of it.

I have a problem with how clean the ending was as well, since Sonozaki caused a pretty widespread panic, and she just let go of like...sixteen years of singular pain and there's no real consequence at all. There wasn't even really a consequence at all in the end of this. Not that I don't like happy endings, but for the situation, I thought it was way to clean. I don't think they had the time to wrap this up as well as they wanted to with 12 episodes, maybe this would have benefited from an extra 13th episode but I feel like that would have made the finale too slow.

I still don't care about Sonozaki, nor that sudden gain in emotion at the end of the episode, so naturally this episode felt weaker than it should have because I still think Sonozaki is a weak character. Hisomu disappointingly was not developed as well. Throughout the show, he clearly had more of a straight-head when it came to terms with relationships, so I don't think he developed at all. His masochism went thoroughly unexplained, and he was just a weak character in general.

The development for some of the cast was actually...kind of weak. They all "developed" in the sense that they got a sense of empathy (I find it hard to believe that these guys lived without the concept of empathy, which is something else that went completely unexplained, but whatever) but they haven't really significantly changed attitudes. Chidori kind of got "less selfish," Tenga kind of...stayed Tenga, Hisomu had no room to develop...The development was relatively strong with the other three though. Nico is probably the best character IMO, and Honoka/Yuta probably got the most development (Honoka got a whole arc dedicated to her...lucky for her character.) Speaking of which, Honoka and Yuta probably had my favorite interactions throughout the show. Even their little quip at the end was funny.

And I gave up at the overarching plot they established at the beginning of the show. I think it's weak to build up a monumental experimental plot like that and completely drop it for character interaction, but whatever.

Well, anyways, tl;dr, I thought it was...fine. It did what it wanted to do...ending was too clean and I didn't like that, but, y'know. It was acceptable.

I still fully believe the Kiznaiver concept was not used to its fullest potential, and that is a bit disappointing. But it wasn't a bad show. Behind all the Trigger glitter though I thought the show was pretty average overall, though I appreciate that Trigger tries to take advantage of these fresh concepts.

3/5 or 3.5/5, will decide later.

The show went pretty far off the rails in the last few episodes. Things were going along okay up to the end of Maki's arc, but after that the wheels came off the cart pretty fast. The overarching plot was pretty stupid in the end and I wish the focus had just stayed on the characters.

I haven't watched the last episode yet, but unless it does something surprising then the show is probably getting a 6 out of 10.

Trigger needs to outsource its writing. Over the top shounens with nonsensical plots and lots of testosterone and shouting are one thing, dramas and quasi-romances are another. Stick to what your'e good at or just animate someone else's stories.

3.5/5

I'll probably skip the next Trigger series unless it's something more like Kill la Kill.

12:

Blink and you'll miss the best love story in the series

IxY1UK7.png

Episode 12:

The best moment of the episode was the small scene between Honoka and Yuta at the end. His sudden blush was hilarious. I also liked the conversation the cast had about friendship at the very end. It was a nice wrap up to their collective arc and a much better ending for the season than the actual big confrontation of the episode.

The last episode was just like the rest of the series. The overarching plot stuff sucked balls, but the smaller moments of the character interacting with each other were pretty greatly. Sadly, the last episode and most of the last third of the series were focused on the overarching plot, which was half baked, muddled in theme and pretty poorly explained. The strength of this show was always the characters and I wish it had stuck with focusing on theme because they were a charming cast and they built credible relationships with each other by the end, it would have been more satisfying to just focus on that.

Anyway I'll give the series a 6 out of 10, because I liked the cast outside of Sonozaki and their development that much.

I was on the fence with watching this show at the beginning of the season but now I'll have some free time before summer starts. Is it actually worth watching?

I was on the fence with watching this show at the beginning of the season but now I'll have some free time before summer starts. Is it actually worth watching?
No, it's really not.

Ep 12..........

Yeah, I completely agree with Captain pancakes' take on this. Ended to clean, shit was to convenient and easily accepted given the supposed time frame and scale of the build up.

I liked some character interactions and what not, I Nico was also my favorite character, there was never a dull moment as far as she is concerned.

It was a mediocre show but I will also give it a bonus point for trying something new. 3/5

Just finished this now, and I have to say this series has disappointed me. It was mediocre and forgettable - while entertaining at times it was boring or even annoying at other moments.

Overall i'm giving it a 3/5

Up to episode 7 atm. I have quite enjoyed it so far, even though nothing has really happened. I can imagine this being frustrating to watch weekly. I don't see this really going anywhere in the last 6 episodes, so it does look like a massive waste in potential.

Up to episode 7 atm. I have quite enjoyed it so far, even though nothing has really happened. I can imagine this being frustrating to watch weekly. I don't see this really going anywhere in the last 6 episodes, so it does look like a massive waste in potential.

yeah, it keeps making you think that something will happen (especially given Trigger's history) but eventually all you get is a fart passing by in the wind...

Okay so I did enjoy this a lot. As a slice of life that is. The premise of the series took this nowhere and they may as well have been 7 people forced to hang out over the holidays... And that's really annoying considering how much potential the Kizuna concept had. So this wasn't anything special, but still wasn't a bad watch. Just so much wasted potential here...

3.5/5 as the enjoyment factor was still there for me.

Okay so I did enjoy this a lot. As a slice of life that is. The premise of the series took this nowhere and they may as well have been 7 people forced to hang out over the holidays... And that's really annoying considering how much potential the Kizuna concept had. So this wasn't anything special, but still wasn't a bad watch. Just so much wasted potential here...
exactly my thoughts, 3 years later...

So, seems like I am the first one to join for the Fall Anime Bingo Challenge group-watch.
I will try to watch an episode per day until I am finally out for winter break so I can catch up with everyone.
For the 1st episode, this show had an interesting start so I am interested in seeing what will happen next.

Last edited:
This was one of my gifts from Santa, so I guess if there is anything to group watch it should be this one. Can anyone tell me how far in we are so far and what pace we are watching it?

Back