Kimetsu no Yaiba

The bits of fighting/13th Dance explanation were cool and all, but the best moment by far was Yoriichi being told what every manga reader under the Sun wanted him to hear. After the tragic clusterfuck that was his life, from being shunned as a child to losing his wife and child to falling out of favor with the demon hunters to getting slashed to pieces by his asshat brother, that moment of genuine appreciation and happiness feels so earned and wholesome.

Honestly, a bit disappointed that the bulk of this battle so far has played out like the one against upper moon 1, i.e flailing tendrils.

Honestly, a bit disappointed that the bulk of this battle so far has played out like the one against upper moon 1, i.e flailing tendrils.
I think the Upper Moon 1 battle was far more entertaining than Muzan vs everyone. There was more variety to everyone's moves, more clashes, more rawness to it. The Muzan thing was basically him shaking his super-fast tendrils everywhere and all the slayers dodging and holding on for dear life, occasionally getting an inconsequential slash in.

On Muzan's part I get that's probably his optimal way of fighting multiple targets, but that's exactly why I'm hoping for something different, more engaging when he gets into 1v1 mode against Tanjiro. If hypersonic tentacles were all the big baddie has to offer, that would be disappointing.

I like how there's an explanation for Tanjiro managing to survive on his own against Muzan, that being Tamayo and Best Girl Shinobu nerfing his ass from beyond the grave. I'm definitely a fan of this manner of teamwork to bring him down as well, basically humans using everything in their arsenal to create that one in a million chance. Every battle against Upper Moons was a close call and when it comes to their boss they can't even fight him on his prime. It makes Muzan all the more intimidating - and Yoriichi all the more fucking broken.

It's also interesting that age is even an issue for demons. Naturally none of them have lived long enough to know that, Muzan being the oldest at 1000 years and still feeling like new. I suppose he might have considered that a possibility, since he doesn't seem that rattled about the revelation that age fucks him up, in spite of his obsession with death and perpetuity. Guess the Sun was a much more urgent issue to deal with.

fV1lqM4.png

Chapter 195 Spoiler
What is Nezuko doing there?! Just leave now!
Calling it now, she is going to be bitten while she still has demon powers and Muzan is going to get her power to walk in the sun.

ch. 195

OkAY, this is not okay that end killed me. what is wrong with Nezuko? Is she transforming back into a human or something? Her left eye looks like her human form as she sheds tears. Like, WHAT? But, if I remember last time we saw her was when she started running to save Tanjiro. Did Tamayo do something to her already?

ch. 195

OkAY, this is not okay that end killed me. what is wrong with Nezuko? Is she transforming back into a human or something? Her left eye looks like her human form as she sheds tears. Like, WHAT? But, if I remember last time we saw her was when she started running to save Tanjiro. Did Tamayo do something to her already?
Tamayo gave Nezuko the drug to turn back to human prior to the final arc starting. That's why she was sleeping in the first place.

well, it wasn't a surprise that Muzan was the one to kill all the Kamado family. Nezuko is actually transforming back into a human, goddammit. But is she forgetting all those memories as a demon? All those faces she used to get acquittanced? Fuck, is she going to forget Zenitzu? All the pillars?

At least we've got Tamayo, who is taking revenge on Muzan. She's godly.

Chapter 196
Fuck me, that was amazing smug from Tamayo! At this point it wouldn't surprise me if there's a fifth drug just to rub it in.
I love how so far this fight has been been saying "fuck the shounen power scale" by having the battle focus so much on debuffs and support items rather than bullshit powerups.

Tamayo is fucking ace. I thought she couldn't out-smug her "Why don't you use your seven brains to figure it out?" from the other week, but here we are.

Also interesting that Muzan was actually trying to create a sun-resistant demon when killing the Kamado family, by experimenting with doses of blood. His attack might have been random after all, not an attempt to eradicate the family due to their ties with Yoriichi. But I'm curious about the thought process behind that whole injection idea. Clearly it worked with Nezuko, but why?

Nezuko's little montage was very neat and I love how she's now fully conscious of who she is. Also, Inosuke gifting her fucking acorns cracked me up.

Anyway, I see a lot of people online thinking the end of the battle is super close (some last week were even saying it'd be over in 2 chapters) but I think Muzan's still got a couple tricks up his sleeve. He definitely won't get to undo the nerfs he already has, but I bet he'll whip out some boost of his own. And then the real final round will start.

And One-Legged Godjima will fuck him up.

well that kind of explosion or whatever Muzan do has somehow affected Tanjiro. It looked that part of the explosion went through Tanjiro. I mean, he's starting to have a seizure. I think that this has to do with their past generations, specially that guy that I don't remember his name right now.

For a moment I thought Inuosuke was actually going to die, like shit he was in Muzan's arms. Aparta from that, damn thank god the pillars are back and going to finish Muzan for good.

So damn good.

My man Gotoh the Kakushi ramming that car against Muzan while screaming "DIEEEEE" almost made me bust a rib laughing. I also love that this chapter gave the still alive fodder slayers several roles in helping out, like dropping those bookshelves on top of Muzan and supporting one-legged Godjima.

Also, rest in peace, Tanjiro's left arm. Yet another limb we'll never see again if these characters do survive. Good thing Giyu came in with that Goku-Gohan kamehameha energy.

I'm 95% sure this is a fakeout and Muzan isn't done yet. As cool as these chapters have been I just don't picture his last ditch effort being this pitiful giant demon baby thing. At the same time, everyone minus maybe Kanroji is in god-awful shape, so I don't think this can believably go on for much longer, either.

So damn good.

My man Gotoh the Kakushi ramming that car against Muzan while screaming "DIEEEEE" almost made me bust a rib laughing. I also love that this chapter gave the still alive fodder slayers several roles in helping out, like dropping those bookshelves on top of Muzan and supporting one-legged Godjima.

Also, rest in peace, Tanjiro's left arm. Yet another limb we'll never see again if these characters do survive. Good thing Giyu came in with that Goku-Gohan kamehameha energy.

I'm 95% sure this is a fakeout and Muzan isn't done yet. As cool as these chapters have been I just don't picture his last ditch effort being this pitiful giant demon baby thing. At the same time, everyone minus maybe Kanroji is in god-awful shape, so I don't think this can believably go on for much longer, either.
It actually landed the #1 questionaire spot this week while One Piece was included!

Everyone is for the most part putting in their effort towards taking down Muzan, regardless of how they go about it. A giant baby sort of fits Muzan's character if you think about it. The next chapter has color pages so I wouldn't be surprised if its the conclusion, or near it anyway.

If I ever had to describe this last chapter with one word, it would be BROKEN-HEARTED. I swear, from the first panel of the chapter I started sobbing and didn't stop until the end.
I'm sorry, it was me that couldn't protect you. - Himejima-sensei
The bravest pillar, the one that in fact was blind, wanted that the most younger slayers would be treated first. It had to be one of the saddest deaths. The way all his students grabbed his hand and the way he started to tear with a smile as his last words were "Let's go".
I like you Iguro-san. Will you take me as your wife? - Kanroji
The only canon couple in the story that has some bad tears. For starters, Mitsuri confesses her feelings for him and asks him to marry him. My godness, the connection they had from the very first moment they met is just so heartwarming. The worst part is that both of them are in terrible circumstances. If they die soon, at least they are together, and at their sides while crying. Actually, all the characters in this chapter are sobbing, no wonder why I cried as well.
Come on, let's go together. - Shinazugawa
Can I just say that his childhood had been depressing? Not only he lost his brother, Genya, the only family member he had until now, but also lost her mother and had a terrible father who treated his mother badly.
Once again I couldn't protect them. Forgive me, I'm only protected by others. - Tomioka
He's so overprotective of Tanjiro. The first thing he did when he was about to get healed, he asked for Tanjiro. I think their bond was a very special one. The fact that Tanjiro helped him to regain the energy he had lost, it made him more confident and happy that there's someone like Tanjiro that actually cares about. They care about each other. It's so sweet of him to be with him no matter what. Tanjiro lost one arm and that's not okay. I don't know if this is actually the last chapter, but I can't bear that Tanjiro is about to die. I really don't want to think about that cause it's unfair for the main character to die. And then there's finally Nezuko that has to see nothing else than his brother in this bad state.

The color spread separates the survivors from the dead. Ouch.
Man, I didn't even realize Kanroji was mortally wounded when she tore Muzan's arms off, though why are none of the assistant folk tending to those two?

Nezuko didn't even get to see her brother before he died. Yeowch.
What's up with WSJ being emotionally on fire these last few weeks?

Back