Kemono Jihen

Kemono Jihen is doing pretty exceptionally well to hit 7th place in manga sales:

Evz6UloWgAceMn0

It's snowballing popularity seems like a pretty good sign to me, this has a good chance of getting a 2nd season.
This news engorges my kokoro
jjk and kny cringe tho

12[finale]:
Ri9Yb9B.png

This show needs to stop making me vomit kittens and rainbows so much at every turn. Holy fucking fuck, Kabane and Akira dancing around as they held hands was the best moment of the episode to me. It was a great finale and I don't think there's anything more hardcore than seeing Kabane being a literal flaming skull.

Kon is also the worst liar ever.

This is one of the best anime I've watched with yokai. It doesn't have the same pizazz or flash of the big hitters like Jujutsu or Demon Slayer but pretty much more than makes up ground with it's really wholesome characters and interactions. This show easily topples a lot of shounen giants to me and I think it was a little overlooked in what was a pretty stacked season. Also it's pretty fun hearing Kana Hanazawa playing a villainous role instead of moe girl roles. I need a season 2 with more Kon, this just feels like the start of something truly amazing with what they're setting up here.

4/5

My final thoughts:
I loved it.

Tbh, it's quite delicious to me because it does what I love...
It has a bunch of characters with horrible traumatic dark pasts and Doesn't Kill Them

Kabane is one of my favourite shounen protags in awhile. I really love the little dude. He's so cute, to the point, earnest and socially awkward. Him and Akira dancing around together in a circle when Akira assures him he lied was really sweet.

Love basically everyone's character relationships, that's what really hooks me into this. All the relationships are sweet, sincere and compelling in different ways.

Hope it gets a s2, certainly leaves a hook for it

Episode 12 and final thoughts:
I knew I would be happy with this anime and I'm glad I stuck with it. But then again, I've always had a soft spot for urban fantasies, though the yokai were a plus.

I really enjoy how character focused this season was, there was always a story goal in mind with the characters. Seeing Kabane on fire was quite the power-up for the character. And Inari is really buying her time and waiting for the right moment to steal all of the Kemono stones. What does this mean for Kon though, I can't really see her do anything underhanded like stealing from Kabane. Because she is definitely getting attached to Kabane. Seeing Akira and Kabane doing that little dance was cute.

Are we actually going to see Kabane's parents in the next season, cause I've been curious about that for a while now. The possibility for war seems like it could happen if things don't turn out well for the characters.
For the most part though, I would say Kemono Jihen's first season is like a prologue if I had to describe it. The story is just getting started and all I know is that I want more. That is a good sign that you want another season. 4/5.

Me when exposition

LgalHry.png

Great final episode.
Kabane being reduced to a flaming skull and still saving akira's brother is the epitome of badass for his character, I can't think of a better way for that battle to go.

I love akira's emotional wintery outbursts.
Looking forward to the second season

Last edited:
Kemono Jihen is really hard to describe / rate for me.
Animation, art style, sound, story, everything about the show is solid, but at the same time it somehow felt lacking that core thing that gets me hooked / excited about a show.
Ebonyslayer 2 posts up said it very well, the whole season felt like an extended intro / prologue.
Therefore only 6 / 10 (fine) from me, but i'll stay tuned for a next season.

Like many others nothing really hooked me into the first season. Then the fact that i REALLY don't like rape and sexual violence scene's made me give the show the rating i did. I do however have hope for the 2nd season. I mostly want to see how Kon and Kabane characters grow and how they interacted with each other. Seeing how theses two naive, clueless and sort of innocent people get by in this world and how they sort their feelings for each other out should be really entertaining to watch if done right.

That and who they should trust. Think its going to come up really quick on why Kon feels loyalty to Inari and how their falling out will happen, which seems to be inevitable. Then if Kabane will keep trusting Nobimaru and when will he get burned by someone in general. Can't wait for when they both eventually lose that "innocence" and are betrayed by someone or just start to see the world as it is. It will make for a interesting moment in the story for both of them and really make for some great character development. I think in the end bringing them both closer together.

I look forward to a season 2, but nothing special in season 1 was meh with some potential going forward.

3.5/5

Back