Kemono Jihen

Episode 9:
Nice to see the characters taking a breather after the last episode, since Kabane was butchering Shiki's siblings. That and seeing Nobimaru going pyromaniac on Shiki's uncle, that was awesome. But it feels rather good, seeing Shiki having his mother and his sister in his life now.

It also took another girl to make Kon feel jealous. But I can see Aya being useful in the story, since she can create bodies/body parts. Though they are young, I hope that the author paces himself and doesn't rush anything regarding this romance plot line, if that is the direction the author has going for Kabane and Kon. Curious to see what will become of that, besides the silly misunderstandings.
From the general progression of the story, I think the next story arc will be Akira's. That ought to be interesting.

Last edited:

the cuteness is unbelievable, the sheer chemistry between two totally ignorant and innocent child supernatural beings has never been so abundantly entertaining. I am with Akira on this, with how often he geeks out about Kabane's interactions with the girls. Too wholesome.

They've finally done it this time. They've made best girl cry. A conglomerate of asshats. The lot of them.

09:

Damn, Aya is so fucking DIRECT about what she wants as an 8 year old lmao. I guess it makes sense she's more mature for her age, she's not human for one and she's in that teenager rebellion phase which I don't blame her for cause her uncle was shit. Gotta reassert your dominance in the world.

Kabane and Kon having no idea what love is was pretty cute, as well as Kon's jealous reactions. That diabetes from all the sweetness hit me harder than a truck. This made me crack up completely at the end though, I died laughing:
rl3Lej2.png

How to get out of a prickly harem situation, pick neither of them and go the gay route, sorry girls.

Last edited:
Episode 9.
Someone get that little girl some proper attire. No 8 year old needs to be walking around in a tube top and daisy dukes. Like Goddamn show, what the eff?

Episode 9.
Someone get that little girl some proper attire. No 8 year old needs to be walking around in a tube top and daisy dukes. Like Goddamn show, what the eff?
She just went through a whole situation, let her live her life! Damn!

Episode 10.
An episode about everyone's favorite icicle. @RascaI is gonna be happy.
Hopefully happier than Big Brother Elsa there. Who appears to be a full blown luddite wackadoo. Guess Akira got all the fun genes in that family.

Also,
talking robo stuffed animal...I want one.

I gladly welcome an Akira arc, with open arms

reNBQnZ.png

God damn, what an unwittingly savage burn.
You really notice how well those three balance each other out when someone isn't there. Shiki and Kabane alone make for a sad sight sometimes.

Ironic how akira's brother said they'd never end up like their father, all locked up, and then he himself locks up akira. Or, not ironic. What's the word? Oh yeah, being a hypocritical piece of shit...

Last edited:
10:

Kabane's total lack of tact in trying to be comforting is so funny, but also poor Akira.

This show really keeps diving into surprisingly dark topics I haven't seen really much other shounen anime go as far, time and time again. I mean, the implication that their dad was probably raped a lot of times as a breeding tool is pretty disgusting to think about and gets even worse to think about the incest. It doesn't take a mastermind to figure out the whole 100 years a male is born thing. Yui seems pretty not right in the head with his overprotective complex, but I would guess he met the same fate as the dad in being sexually abused to snap his sanity. The ending of the episode truly left me with CHILLS, hahaha............

Other than that, more Akira time is always a good time:

VtVJHOn.png

This is a deadly amount of cuteness. Akira is the best Disney princess.

10:

Kabane's total lack of tact in trying to be comforting is so funny, but also poor Akira.

This show really keeps diving into surprisingly dark topics I haven't seen really much other shounen anime go as far, time and time again. I mean, the implication that their dad was probably raped a lot of times as a breeding tool is pretty disgusting to think about and gets even worse to think about the incest. It doesn't take a mastermind to figure out the whole 100 years a male is born thing. Yui seems pretty not right in the head with his overprotective complex, but I would guess he met the same fate as the dad in being sexually abused to snap his sanity. The ending of the episode truly left me with CHILLS, hahaha............

Other than that, more Akira time is always a good time:

VtVJHOn.png

This is a deadly amount of cuteness. Akira is the best Disney princess.
I like how this show portrays sexual abuse, it's nasty and gross but they don't like, zoom in on people's edgy-ass faces and make it all weirdly sexual like in shows such as Mirai Nikki. That's the opposite of how you should handle it, it should be uncomfortable, not laughable.

Ironic how akira's brother said they'd never end up like their father, all locked up, and then he himself locks up akira. Or, not ironic. What's the word? Oh yeah, being a hypocritical piece of shit...

To be fair I'm guessing Yui is being totally fucked up by whatever's lodged in his chest and trauma. Idk how it'll turn out but I'm guessing it's going to be a What Have I Done kind of thing because of how much he dotes on baby Akira

---

Anyway, interesting episode. I'm glad to see the brothers reunite. Hopefully this is resolved and the two can work through their trauma together, but right now it's pretty fucked up.

I mean, it's interesting that Yui and Akira are twins but Yui is the older twin and also feels like he really takes on the responsibility of being an older sibling in all respects. They're the same age but one of them kind of gets to act their age more. Also, honestly, superficially Yui kind of looks and acts a little like Kabane so I wonder if that's why Akira clung to him a bit as an apprentice in previous episodes.

Kabane + Yui = blank trauma bluntness.

No one Ever notices who does the chores until they're not there anymore huh guys. You need your socmedia manager back

Episode 10:
I guess Yui has always been looking out for Akira, since they got the fancy treatment as prisoners in their own village. Though its better than what their father is getting I suppose. That's a thing with the Yuki-onna legend actually, getting raped by them.

I'm curious as to when Yui got his hands on the Nullstone, since its clearly having an affect on his physical and mental health. The things siblings will do to protect their family. Kabane and Yui do share that same type of personality, now that I think about it. Good thing Kabane is friendly compared to Yui.

This is getting out of hand though, Kabane and the guys getting frozen like that. Can't wait to see how Akira is going to respond to that.

Its funny how Kabane didn't give a fuck about eating cold ramen, cause he and Shiki have complete opposite reactions to bad cooking.

Last edited:
Episode 11:
Now I understand why Yui is acting the way he is now with Akira. He really loves his brother and doesn't want him to become corrupted by their village/world. He's self-sacrificing and cynical from experience, and that's what makes his character feel a bit sad. Its no wonder why he sent his brother away when he did and stole the nullstone, since he pretty much gave up on his village.

Feels like there's some long running goals in the story now, since Inari is collecting all of the yokai stones for a reason. That was weird how Inugami was talking through a stuffed animal during his conversation with Kabane.

Akira crying icy tears was making me think of Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho, cause we all know he's trying to be brave for Kabane. So there's going to be a fight between Yui and Nobimaru, can't wait to see how that will play out.

I am disturbed. Also I fucking love Yui.
So they do indeed sex up the males immediately when they become able to sex, to ensure the continuation of their village. Poor Akira might be a pure soul but he can't help naturally maturing and having wet dreams. God... that's... super realistic for a shounen to actually get into something like that. Uncomfortably realistic.

High fives to Yui for sacrificing himself to protect his brother from corruption by having a lot of sex at the age of 14. What a fucking chad. Too bad he got possesses by some supernatural kidney stone. We've got to get that out of him. But it may be painful. Look at all the lumps 'n' bumps on that thing. I do not envy whoever had to pass that.

Akira's method of saving Kabane from getting frozen again gave me chills. High fives to the writer for creating a scenario for acting out of character that actually was compelling and interesting, and actually sort of convincing. For being so emotional, Akira's good at hiding his emotions when it counts.

Also nobimaru's kitsune form looks dope.

Last edited:
Back