Kaze no Stigma

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Julianlivre, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Julianlivre

Julianlivre Member

Kaze no Stigma

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

This is a series that I've been waiting for.... This is the kind of series that I like and I bet that many other does too. I just love the main character, he's my type ;)

Plot:

Ayano is the heir to the house of Kannagi, a house with ties to the spirit of fire whose members are all fire users. All except for her cousin, Kazuma. After he was defeated by Ayano, his father banish him from the house in disgrace. Kazuma runs off and changes his surname to Yagami. He forms a contract with the spirit of wind and becomes a powerful wind user. 4 years later, he returns. Some killings in the kannagi house by a powerful wind user lead Ayano and the Kannagi house into thinking Kazuma is taking revenge. Although claiming to be innocent, Kazuma is preparing for an all out war with Kannagi.

Well this dosent tell me much but I suggest that you guys watch it....

SHS is subbing it (wow what a surprise -.-)

Oh well I highly recomend this show!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

Yep, gotta love this series. :D A nice, non-emo/angsty lead for a change, and I don't find Ayano anywhere near as annoying as people make her out to be. ^^

3. Julianlivre

Julianlivre Member

I love this show because he got the "title" as the strongest atm :D

4. kittenbitten

kittenbitten Guest

I find Ayano very irritating. But Kazuma is sufficiently interesting to make up for it.

5. Julianlivre

Julianlivre Member

*Julian huggles kitten

your opinion about Ayano and Kazuma is just as mine ;)

6. usagijen

usagijen Guest

Love this show as well! ^-^ It's one of my current "obsessions"...
    My love for KnS drove me to blog about this anime as I follow the episode that airs each week (and post spoilers as I read the novel hand-in-hand with the episode) =D I really hope more people will go and watch this show~

Ayano's still annoying at this point, but her exchange of remarks with Kazuma is really a fun watch~ Don't worry coz she'll get better later on, and won't remain as bratty as she is ^^

7. Julianlivre

Julianlivre Member

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~
    this show cant get any better, this is one is no.1 on my list at the moment!!!!!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS ONE TO EVERYONE!!!!!!! just cant get enough of it!!!

8. Cetonis

Cetonis Forum Moderator

....nevermind >.<

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  9. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

10. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Well-Known Member

It's average, I'd say. About a 6.5 so far. The animation is quite poor in parts (the fight against that wind youma) and the whole concept is a bit cliche. Kazumi is interesting in a smart-talking mysterious man kinda way, but his type has been done a million times before and with a better context. Ayano is a tad annoying but I'd say that's down to the fact that she gets the shit parts of the script i.e. mainly used for comedic/ecchi value, and her voice-actress is not doing the best job I've ever heard.

I'd recommend this anime to people who like gimmicky kinds of anime.

11. Roxas

Roxas New Member

Posted by Roxas on Jun 5, 2007
  12. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much everything you say, Roxas. I'm on episode 4 at the moment, and
    I excused his lack of emotional reaction to defeating his father
    as something that would probably be strung out over the course of the next couple of eps. After reading your review, I realise they don't deal with it at all. Lol.

The elixir scene was nonsense, yup. The humour is poorly executed, I agree with that. The only thing that brought me amusement was waiting for the Earth and Water users to turn up. Maybe throw in a dash of Love to make this a true Captain Planet rip-off. HAHA!

13. amateurasu

amateurasu New Member

I watched the first episode, and it was so laughably bad that I could barely make it through the whole thing. Pass. :/

14. koager

koager New Member

I wonder how much money the Kannagis have
    Kazuma is demanding a ridiculously large amount and then theres all the stuff that they have to fix from destroying building while fighting
    o.o

15. Julianlivre

Julianlivre Member

IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Kaze no Stigma just ended :(((((

*Julian is very saaaaaad

16. feonateresa

feonateresa Guest

Ayano reminds me of Kaname from FMP! and Shana from Shakugan no Shana.

But Kaname and Shana are waaaaay better.

I've only watched 2 episodes, so I'll see. It's honestly kind of boring so far.

17. madcomic

madcomic New Member

I thought it was a pritty amusing anime... allthough i totaly agree on what you say about it...

I'm strange, I know :...:

EDIT:
    Now that I've seen the final episode of Kaze no Stigma I can only say... I have seen a lot better!!! Have enjoyed watching, but it wasn't as great as I hoped.

The AnimeRec entry needs to set the final episode count to 24... so if any of the mods read this... hihi

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  18. zephlynn

zephlynn New Member

I actually really liked the show, maybe that's because I'm a sucker for humor. Not too fond of the large amount of fanservice ala upskirt shots this anime has though hah. But overall I really liked it mostly because its supernatural/fantasy based, and I live for those heh.

Oh and does anyone have any idea if there'll be a sequel to KnS?

19. Fuyuzuki

Fuyuzuki New Member

Ahh. I viewed this series quite awhile ago and well, only reason I could say I liked it in the slightest degree in the meaning of that word would be Kazuma. Despite his shallow personality and all, he is total opposite in me.

But really, I don't think this series should be viewed if you're expecting something to blow your mind. But instead probably when you're wasted and just have nothing better to do. Lol.

Meh.

20. divinegrace92

divinegrace92 New Member

dissapointing...
    i expected a lot at first but then...
    everything was normal.. plot, fighting, girl protagonist,...

i llike the guy though.. though his character is not that special... he's just cool