Karakuri Circus

Ep4:
Oh, how sweet. I'm glad.
SuYa0pQ.png

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, SHOW?!!?!
J3SGXhn.png

Jesus, that was intense. I love how badass Masaru became and how he broke the knee of that creepy uncle. But fuck, that was unexpected.

Ep 4

Nah. They didn't do what I think they did. Nah, he just layed that sweet man mojo BAMF panty dropping line all over her. They are going to be a couple. He declared his lo......MOTHER fucker!!!!
he triggered a death flag.

That entire time.i kept saying they wouldn't kill him off . However, there is something that caught my eye.

One of the puppeteers didn't die (the lays). He lost his left arm. The puppet lost its left arm.

I have this feeling that he's going to be some puppet trial that has a replacement arm and will be brainwashed for the rest of the show. This will lead into another battle. Eventually they will save him, he'll jiu jitsu he with all he power :lenny: and the kid will become the best puppet master ever.

Somehow I feel there is some symbolism behind the puppet having no left arm and holding one and the guy missing both himself and his arm.

Episode 4:
I totally get why people like this. I would probably enjoy the manga if I could be arsed to read that many chapters.

But I just can't take this pacing. I know exposition is the most boring part of any story, but man, I feel like I could use some... plus some more breathing room and better transitioning from one scene to the next. And maybe a tiny bit less of the usual shounen nonsense, but that's to be expected and would probably be a lot more tolerable if it weren't being thrown at me so damn fast.

I'm gonna bounce on this one. I don't hate it, and I would probably enjoy the hell out of a 100+ episode adaptation... this 36 episode one just isn't doing it for me.

There's no way in hell that fire completely vaporized all of Narumi except for his arm and the small child holding it. Def still alive and going to come back into play at some point, probably as a human puppet or something. I won't know if that prediction comes true, but I'm throwing it out there anyways.

i'm crying, while seething with rage. more so as I never bothered to learn how to do the spoiler thing so can't cite the show that i also raged at after watching basically the same scenario

@2hands
just type
Code:
 [spoiler] this is a spoiler [/spoiler]
will show like this
this is a spoiler
if you're a fancy one
Code:
[spoiler="this is totally not a spoiler"] I told you[/spoiler]
I told you

Episode 4:
There's no way in hell that fire completely vaporized all of Narumi except for his arm and the small child holding it. Def still alive and going to come back into play at some point, probably as a human puppet or something. I won't know if that prediction comes true, but I'm throwing it out there anyways.
I support the theory at the fullest
But knowing the dope nature of this series it can also happen otherwise
The wiki says that he is alive and TVTropes spoils you and confirms all the rest
The thing that bugs me is why did he leave Masaru all alone, its not like his arm got fireproof shield protection

Last edited by a moderator:
I support the theory at the fullest
But knowing the dope nature of this series it can also happen otherwise
The wiki says that he is alive and TVTropes spoils you and confirms all the rest
The thing that bugs me is why did he leave Masaru all alone, its not like his arm got fireproof shield protection
Let's not forget that looking at the promotional image used as the primary image for the show right here on this very site tells us exactly what kind of replacement Narumi's going to get...

Ep5:
Love how Masaru and Shirogane are owning their schools. And Shirogane is making every girl there lesbian.
Also Narumi alive confirmed already.

How Masaru is handling the bullying and the moment of badassery in his eyes when he gets shoved is powerful. Like he could have broken both his legs but decided not to out of sheer benevolence.
In the manga Masaru's uncle survived and Masaru allowed him to adopt him. But the guy is so traumatized that he's rambling about pudding and gets a panic attack when he sees the boy. So he gets used to Masaru's advantage, instead of the other way around.

Ep 5

CALLED IT!!

Also, you'd think that during the school medical checkup they would say something.....lol

Also, I thought she was 18.

Episode 5.
Oh, fun. We'v gone from explosions and action...to school bullying. What a thrilling switch...
At least Narumi is alive.

The pacing is so weird. We go from Narumi being dead in the ep before last to an image of him being alive in the next. Each ep is like a full volume....

Ep. 6,
it was actually horrifying finding out the number of children infected by the illness, and they revealed Midnight Circus as the antagonistic group of the series, although motives are a complete mystery. We got to see Narumi kick ass though!

Ep6:
Geezus.
Getting a bit dark here, aren't we? I thought we would get something cruel as soon as the kids were introduced, but damn, they dialed that up to eleven. Eternal agonizing pain, unable to move or communicate, all day for every day? That's hell right there.

On a side note, this is edge done right. Shows like Goblin Slayer would lead with this in the first episode, ruining and botching it.

Episode 6.
If you want me to be emotionally invested in these kids, maybe don't try and force it all in one episode. Cause I kind of felt nothing. Action was good though.

I just watched all six episodes out so far within three hours all at once and like...
Um????????
I adore Katou tho, what a babe, I'm fully invested in this anime

Pardon, just wanted to make this meme about Katou since yesterday. I know y'all must just be dying for low-effort 3am memes
46505867_2134556516609457_2138351920463478784_n.jpg

Back