Kamisama no Memo-chou

It's okay, I kinda wanna know the story behind the NEET Detective.. Where did she get the money for all the technology. Her parents, etc.. At the start of episode 2.. I personally thought that it was showing us the past of the detective and how she came to be in the position she is in, or why.. EG; Looking for her father.. Id like to see more of the past for each character in the story, and why they are now where they are.

ep 2 -

well the mystery quality is about up to par with the first one... so i'm digging this anime at the moment. still hate the cast something awful, except for those yakuza guys, they're pretty funny; but atleast the mystery aspect of the show feels like law and order... so i'm cool with it as is..

Ep 1: Hmm... Pretty good. Good mystery, and for some reason the character interaction reminded me of Denpa Onna. An "ordinary" teenage guy thrown into a world of weirdoes, it's kinda similar in principle, isn't it? Well, the character interaction is nowhere near as good as in Denpa Onna, but still, there's a little bit of the same charm. Also, there's some real depth of themes here. Hopefully also of characters in the future. Well, considering what I know from reading the first chapter of the manga a while back (the manga starts a little bit to the future from here), I believe the male lead at least will gain some depth.

Also, the ED is kinda good.

Edit ep 2: This is the case where the manga starts, but there's... a difference. Anyway, the mystery is intriguing again and the characters are still average. The Fourth is probably my favourite character ATM, he's got a firm grip of reality and I like his personality. I really like Meo's design, BTW, she's really cute.

Meh, they changed the ED... :(

Last edited:
Episode 3 to me was the best so far.
I was not expecting him to become the 4th's sworn brother at all, nor did I expect him to come up with a strategy like that...

Ep 3: A pretty good episode. An entertaining solution to the mystery/problem and some character deepening. I'm starting to like the ramen shop manager, and while the protagonist is still bland, I feel he's progressing in the right direction and at passable pace.
He gained a powerful ally in the Fourt without really deserving the honour, but hopefully he'll grow into someone who can give back in the relationship, and not just receive.

Hopefully we'll see more of Meo in the future. I think she's among the better characters in the story and having her as a recurring or permanent character should do good to character dynamics. She's already helped to speed up the male lead's progress. Plus, as I said earlier, she's cute. :P

episode 2 & 3... nice plot, good stuff. hero protagonist grows some balls.... then hyperventilates and gets beat up.

i don't get a Denpa feel but more of a pg-13 version of Black Lagoon.

this is a pretty good show. i'm enjoying it at least. the mysteries have been good, and i'm starting to warm up to some of the cast a little bit. Even the bland MC is getting a bit better.

i believe this is most underrated series this season. i mean the mystery is quite good and the music isnt too bad and ep. 3 proved that although the characters r a lil cliche i believe given enough time they will do ok.

ep.4:
no mystery this time but they r focusing on character development instead and they actually did a nice job.

Back