Kakegurui

Episode 12

I think I got a new reaction face

Aside of some silly moments (I legit chuckled with the reactions of the girls when Suzui kinda confessed to Yumeko) and the extra amount of edgy faces this episode was kinda underwhelming and I saw it coming from a mile that it'd end up in a draw. I think I might have enjoyed it a bit more if the game itself didn't suck.

That aside I give this show 3 Edgy Faces out of 5. I started it looking for unintended fun and I got it (even if some arcs were awful *looks at Midari and Yumemi's arcs*)

Ep. 12

And most importantly that I just cannot forgive, is Ririka, the Presiden's twin sister, makes her appearance at the end for a couple seconds, and that will probably be the only scene we will see Ririka in animation. Due to almost everyone throwing such much shade at this anime, I strongly doubt that there will be another season.

Technically speaking she appeared more times than just in the last bit of the last episode, unless you mean without her mask.

Reactions: Zed
Episode 12:

I don't even find these character designs attractive and I would have still preferred the high stakes mud wrestling to what ever bullshit this was. This was such an obvious place holder episode to bait for a sequel.

I don't want to even waste any more words making fun of this piece of shit. A horrible anime with no redeeming features. I would have been bored to death with this if I couldn't come here to take the piss out of it with you guys every week. You fellows are the real all stars. As for this show it gets a 3 out of 10

I forgot to say, but I gave this a somewhat generous 1.5/5. Y'all can thank Sugita and Sawashiro's performances for that.

My first impulse prior to the final episode was like a low 2/5, but #12 was damn terrible, plus it made me think back carefully on all the times the show could have done something worthwhile with the tools it had at hand, yet failed completely at mustering any oomph whatsoever by making every character obnoxious and every gamble underwhelming - even those that could have been legitimately good, like the recent one against Manyuda or even the pilot's.

Kakegurui had some interesting visuals here and there and an appropriate soundtrack, but both the content and its execution were well beyond redeemable. Oh, and by ''interesting visuals'' I don't mean the stupid derpfaces. Christ on a bike, did those get old as fuck.

something i forgot to mention earlier, Food wars is the closest show i can think of to compare to this show, but unlike the boring gambles here, the cooking battles were actually entertaining, and the food was amazing to look at, and the orgasms doesn't become absurd and disgusting like they do here

something i forgot to mention earlier, Food wars is the closest show i can think of to compare to this show, but unlike the boring gambles here, the cooking battles were actually entertaining, and the food was amazing to look at, and the orgasms doesn't become absurd and disgusting like they do here

That and Food Wars has a sense of humor. Even if Food Wars does get intense at times it still has its moments of levity and doesn't turn into a joyless slog. Kakegurui takes itself dead serious despite how stupid it is.

The clicking of mahjong tiles has never been so dramatic or addictive.
this video gave me a hundred possiblities for a new avatar, just need to choose one carefully <3

That and Food Wars has a sense of humor. Even if Food Wars does get intense at times it still has its moments of levity and doesn't turn into a joyless slog. Kakegurui takes itself dead serious despite how stupid it is.
tbh kakegurui was as serious and funny as watching two guys having a waifu war irl. food wars is a hundred times better. i understand why someone would like this show, but for me, it was boring and disgusting, couldn't really find any redeeming qualities in it.

Last edited:
Some episodes of this are
more gay than GOOSH GOOSH as there's a raging douchecanoe that gets a straight up pounding from a tag-team female duo in a card game.

For the three people who don't know what I'm referring to:

That's all I wanted to say.

Dudes only exist in this anime to get pounded and turned into cucks.

I've never seen or read something on this level of straight to bottom bitch, but I'm cool with it because most of the dudes deserve it despite the cast being 90% females in terms of actual plot relevancy. And Dude Orgasm Faces aren't my thing, makes them look rapey.

And "Dreaming Creaming Sisters". It's like this is from the author of Prison School and the superior Me & the Devil Blues.

This is pretty much, exactly what we all need:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-21/kakegurui-manga-gets-live-action-tv-series/.124339

A live action version of this shit.

DistantIllinformedLabradorretriever.gif

Back