Kakegurui

Ep.11
I actually got chills when the vice president revealed herself to be the president all along... Booh. I'm confused about this poker match on the whole right to choose. The treasurer bet more than Jabami in the last round and chose "stronger", and the rules were explained that players can win with a weak hand, so why did the treasurer lose? This is why I don't gamble, because of this confusion. I'm excited for the next episode to where Jabami and the president can FINALLY battle it out.

Ep.11
The treasurer bet more than Jabami in the last round and chose "stronger", and the rules were explained that players can win with a weak hand, so why did the treasurer lose?

he lost because he chose stronger and both had a three of a kind, but the treasurer had a set of 3 sevens while Yumeko had a set of three Jacks

Episode 11:

Man, there's finally an interesting game and the anime can barely be arsed to do anything with it. This was the perfect set up for psychological battle, but you can't really have that when one of the characters is an insane Mary Sue with a copy of the script. Instead, the game gets thrown to the side for moronic twists and everything being bet one hand. I would be disappointed, but this is exactly what I've come to expect from this show. Complete with edgy chick tearing out her own finger nails for no fuckin' reason.

I'd completely hate this episode if it wasn't for Sugita. He doesn't get to do much, but maaan I loved his read of "huh" and "sree of a kind" when he lost. @Tents was laughing her ass off and has to rewind the episode to hear those lines, again. This episode was still horrible, but at least Sugita delivered something fun even if it's only for one scene.

I still think this show blows, though. It's only a small step above Vatican and Smertfone for the worst of the season.

If someone told me years ago that this anime would be where I'd see Tomokazu Sugita and Miyuki Sawashiro playing major characters and talking to each other, I would have jumped to a different fucking timeline.

Show's bollocks.

1PM2rEF.gif

Is that really bad? I have a few from this season I haven't touched. If there is much distaste for this show yet Vatican scores lower, it's got to be bad.

I tried like 6 episodes for Vatican and it was snoozeville.

If anything, the Pres is a twin. Only way it would make sense since there have been scenes with the VP and P together. I think it was the same at the helicopter. Especially since nails were repainted and hair braided during the poker match. I could very well be wrong too.

So the anime will have an original ending. Makes sense. The pacing, from what I saw until I dropped, was already fucking ridiculous.
Ech. Really does feel like it was just done as a seasonal cashgrab, except they decided to try not relying on light novel harems.

nor occupying Mappa employeess on it.
It's the Mappa employees who turned it into this bumbling, boring mess in the first place.
This definitely ended the honeymoon period with the studio for me, and I'm not gonna assume instant quality on anything they adapt.

It's the Mappa employees who turned it into this bumbling, boring mess in the first place.
This definitely ended the honeymoon period with the studio for me, and I'm not gonna assume instant quality on anything they adapt.
while i don't like mappa either, i still think that this show could be anything better with any other studio, even if the manga had a different feeling than the adaption, it's still the same shit about gambling orgasms, no amounts of good writing or directing can save it from sucking, although @LinkSword beat me to saying it.

So the anime will have an original ending. Makes sense. The pacing, from what I saw until I dropped, was already fucking ridiculous.

Fingers crossed for Jabami becoming the new master of the universe by defeating the council president in a round of high stakes mud wrestling. Lots of pretentious dialogue about controlling people's lives that boils down to prez thinking it's good and Jabami thinking it's bad for bonus points.

Reactions: Zed
Eh, that can be discussed. I'd argue the manga was a bumbling, boring mess in the first place. Poor direction/execution just adds to that.
Each to their own. The anime definitely doesn't help as an introduction for would-be manga readers.

EP 12

I...called it? Sort of? What kind of ending was that?

Fingers crossed for Jabami becoming the new master of the universe by defeating the council president in a round of high stakes mud wrestling

God I wished.

So it came down to tarrot cards and bitchy McGhee, who finally grew a pair, got Yumeko to cast explosion, wet her panties, AND confess?

Either way, I figured Yumeko was somehow teaching him how to be a better gambler. It's nice that she calls him her friend even though he pretty much "changed", confessed, and started to act like her. Bullshit on the marking on the cards cause I think he purposley picked that 20 card so no one would have to leave. Giving Yumeko someone to play with again.

Lackluster finish. Don't know how I fell about this. Would have liked him to have kissed her. More about the sisters. Well, no shit they were sisters. 3/5

Reactions: Zed
i learned a lot from this show, mainly the fact that luck stats increases the more insane you act, too bad the show's over, but it'll always reside in my heart. for that i guess the rating 1.5/5 fits perfectly this semi-masterpiece of this god sent season. i luv you guys!

now back to anticipating the Isekai harem maker simulator's finale, the best we could've gotten out of this season

Last edited:
Ep. 12

Well, overall this series was a complete waste of time, and the last episode was just a pointless wrap up with hints of a continuation.

For the past week I have been waiting to see the gamble of Yumeko vs the President, and the creators give me this bullshit of Suzui miraculously obtaining Yumeko's ability to see through all the tricks by coming into contact of Yumeko's orgasm. We all know that Suzui is the weakest when it comes to gambling, so to have him end the game in draw facing the PRESIDENT was just unreal, and stupid. Also, the bet itself was dumb too, to risk it all would be Yumeko never to be allowed to gamble, since that is her paradise, and the President lose all her power, not just as council president but as head of the family; that to me is risking it ALL. Everything up to this point in facing the Boss Battle was pointless. The whole point of this show is taking risks and betting your chances, in each gamble facing the council members your would think that Yumeko would learn from her past gambles so her character could grow, then to face the president by taking what she learned, be it skills or technique, to use her chances on winning. BUT NO!! Yumeko is a character that ALWAYS knows what's going on, and will ALWAYS win. So the plot of the series then too becomes pointless if you have an invincible character whose just in it for the gamble, that has no goals or dreams. So if she lost to the president to then be kicked out of the school, she will find other places to gamble at because that is her drive. If the show focused Yumeko's bet with the risk of losing her access to gambling, then we would have a show because then it's attacking her purpose of existing.

And most importantly that I just cannot forgive, is Ririka, the Presiden's twin sister, makes her appearance at the end for a couple seconds, and that will probably be the only scene we will see Ririka in animation. Due to almost everyone throwing such much shade at this anime, I strongly doubt that there will be another season.

Back