Miss Kuroitsu From the Monster Development Department

Episode 1:

This is so dumb I love it. I also like how they actually got actual local heroes to cameo in the first few scenes and even got the copyright for their theme songs. That was really neat. My toku game is pretty weak but I still manage to catch a few toku easter egg or two.

This seems like a stupid fun show that pokes fun a lot of tokusatsu tropes. Yeah I'm in.

Are those actual tokusastu shows? Their were logos in the corners? If they were that's pretty funny. If this is a tokusatsu parody though I don't know how many jokes I'm going to get since I've only seen a little bit of Power Rangers, which isn't even Japanese.

Are those actual tokusastu shows? Their were logos in the corners?

No, they're regional mascots that do live shows during special events. They're usually referred to as "Local Heroes." They represent a particular region of Japan, such as a prefecture or city, and help promote the area or any of its products.

Be nice if they actually manage to snag an actual toku IP for cameos.

Episode 1
I was not expecting to this episode to be that good and funny. I hope this dummy ness will continue. I got kinda the power rangers vibe.
There is a evil organisation that wants world domination. It's similar to the"Combatants will be dispatched" I think^_^.
What was the star wars style episode title XD.
waiting for the next episode....

Episode 2:
V6taN3p.jpg

Fuck yeah, baby!

Megistus is the perfect superior. He puts his subordinates first before himself and he even treats them with some expensive ekiben lunches. Those train bentos aren't cheap. Plus, he is voiced by the ever-hammy Tetsu Inada. Fucking Trombe himself. Just because you're part of an evil organization doesn't mean you have to be a shitty and abusive boss.

I can't say the same for the low-level grunts though. That shit is pretty grey.

The creation of Cannon Thunderbird was a pretty great parody of how one can keep track of multiple departments and their various demands. To think mixing corporate bureaucracy with toku monster designs would be this hilarious.

And as for toku easter eggs, this episode was narrated by the actor of Sky Rider!

Episode 2.
This episode confirms Megistus is best guy. Also, someone clearly didn't teach blue about stranger danger. Typically a bad idea to get in a blackout van with a bunch of strangers.

Episode 3:
Holy shit! Talk about a blast from the past! They referenced Maskman and even got Maskman Red to narrate the episode!

This got me excited because Maskman is a big part of my childhood. I've always preferred it over Bioman and, this is probably blasphemy to some purists, but I think the Tagalog localized opening is tons better than the original Japanese opening.

Also, we taking a jab at Precure now? I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Precure does air before Super Hero Time and is considered a sister series of sorts to Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.

Do the civilian forms of the Magical Girls in Ep.3 have the same voice actors as Rin and Riki in Little Busters? If not, they sound really similar.

Episode 3:
Holy shit! Talk about a blast from the past! They referenced Maskman and even got Maskman Red to narrate the episode!

This got me excited because Maskman is a big part of my childhood. I've always preferred it over Bioman and, this is probably blasphemy to some purists, but I think the Tagalog localized opening is tons better than the original Japanese opening.

Also, we taking a jab at Precure now? I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Precure does air before Super Hero Time and is considered a sister series of sorts to Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
I think maybe all Henshin Heroes are fair game, and magical girls qualify

Cripes Andrew, the edit button exists for a reason. Anyway...

Episode 3.
Hydra is perfect and adorable, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. Also, gay magical girls. That's always a plus.

Episode 4.
Well, now we know why she's in charge. She freaking merced that alligator guy into giblets. Like Goddamn...

Back