Kageki Shoujo!!

END:
9/10, great show that managed to show how difficult it is to be a member of Takarazuka Revue troupe. Hope to see more of it.

Could have used a little more focus on the acting. Still an okay show though. Also, props to Kana Hanazawa. She makes Hijiri just so completely hateable. That's a sign of a good job voicing her.

3 out of 5.

Episode 13 and overall thoughts on the show:
When it comes to shoujo anime/manga, there is always an emphasis on characters. Even with acting as a theme/aesthetic, shoujo tend to deal with girl topics, such as when Ayako started to develop an eating disorder. Also, I haven't really seen a lot of anime that deal with acting. Besides two of Satoshi Kon's movies, Love Stage, and the incredibly average Act-Age manga, that's pretty much it.

That being said, this is miles better than Act-Age. The characters here feel memorable, and with flaws. Sarasa gets criticized for copying another character, and she actually has to learn to act her way. She's also lovable, which is important seeing she's one of the protagonists. And considering what Ai went through with her step father, she developed a fair bit by the end. I also thought Amalee did a good job dubbing Kaoru, seeing how Kaoru's sacrifices showed how serious she is with her goal to become an actress.
The ending makes me wonder if this is the only season they plan to do for the series. Which would be a shame since I think the English voice actresses did an incredible job. Regardless, this was definitely a good season and it more than makes up for the disappointment I felt with Act-Age. 4/5.

Back