Jujutsu Kaisen

Now that's how you end an action series. Damn. Studio frakkin' MAPPA. Thank you always for the work you people do.

hairpin.jpg

Nobara so metal. Jesus. Girl was straight-up going to impale herself to get rid of that guy. I've been saying it all season, but I think I'll say it one more time for good measure. More First Year Trio moments = More fun. They have such an easy chemistry and vibe about them so all their money shots are straight cash. I'd kill for some sweet fight scenes with all three of them at once.

NOBARA SUPREMACY. She's the epitome of the expression, tough as nails literally. I still also remember the moment in the show where she whipped out a squeaky toy hammer. This and that are probably my favourite Nobara battle moments in this show lol.

NOBARA SUPREMACY. She's the epitome of the expression, tough as nails literally. I still also remember the moment in the show where she whipped out a squeaky toy hammer. This and that are probably my favourite Nobara battle moments in this show lol.

What I really love about her is that she is clearly not the weak link of the trio. Shonen trios before would always have their lone female character be the load or emotional switch, but Nobara is clearly not any of those things.

Has she even killed anyone before? She had such a long-winded answer to Itadori's question about killing when she could have just said no. It was a nice answer, but it was still long-winded for someone confronted with a simple yes or no question.

She's crazy. She's off the walls. She's just as bad - if not worse - than the two other guys. She fits right in.

That was a fun final episode, and finally I got to see the origin of that one particularly badass Nobara manga page I saw floating about.

So from what I'm hearing they might do the Ufotable thing and make the next arc be a film so as to improve the next season's layout.

Anyways, really looking forward to the next season. It's gonna have the arc that manga readers keep saying is what elevated the series to true top-tier.

Start off by saying the animation, music, choreography for fight scenes and the action in general were all very well done, top tier if not close. That said, the story and characters felt kind of empty and it was like they were skipping a lot in character development and story at times. Not saying their wasn't any, it just felt like they would build up momentum and intensity in the story and then lose it instantly the next episode. Then go on to something new with no transition or explanations just boom we are over here now, was a bumpy story at times with that lack of transition.

Same goes for character backstory they would show one scene hinting at backstory and never go beyond that, would just move away from it right after hinted at it. I get that this is for the most part the prologue of a much longer series and can't expect all the backstory and charterer development up front. But still need some development or backstory to connected you to the 3 MC's and them to each other as a starting base of some sorts. As it was they didn't have any feeling or weight behind them for the most part cause they lacked this. I mean they were introduced to each other as the 3 first years then they go into one abandoned building to fight a curse. Then next episode woosh we are over here doing something completely new out of nowhere. Then Itadori dies and is not seen together with them for half a year later. Felt like their should be a arc or 2 in-between here setting up characters etc. Especially for how much they try to emphasis the relationship between these 3 being so close.

I still look forward to a season 2 and have high hopes for the show. As the production levels were crazy good, characters individually were really interesting, the humor parts were great and the story was engaging for most part beside the bumpiness at times but it started to smooth out more at the end same with the characters development and interaction.
4/5

Just finished watching the first (and hopefully not the last) season and I just have to compare this to Naruto. All the main characters are pretty similar to Naruto characters.

Yuji Itadori = Naruto (weird goofball who has a great power inside him)
Megumi Fushigiro = Sasuke (moody and serious prodigy)
Nobara Kugisaki = Sakura (gentle but aggressive)
Satoru Goji = Kakashi (goofy teacher with great power, also covers his eyes)

And you can make other comparisons between the series but I'll let it be for now. Let the second season show what this is really about.

what a sadistic dude, really. I enjoyed watching this episode. It was funny how the "finger dude" was all calm and was talking in such a condescending tone while slicing and dicing the other curse lol. What a cool villain ;v

This, but literally xd
tenor.gif

bruh, that waiter's survival instinct was spot on. and yes that plushie is kinda cute

Last edited:
How did Mihito end up in Sukuna's "mind" or whatever that's called after Itadori broke into Mihito's domain expansion when Itadori himself did not use domain expansion nor did he swap with Sukuna?

Without this, Nanami would be dead. Plot armor?

GO PANDA, GO
200.gif

Last edited:
All the main characters are pretty similar to Naruto characters.

Yuji Itadori = Naruto (weird goofball who has a great power inside him)
Megumi Fushigiro = Sasuke (moody and serious prodigy)
While there is homage present, the characters are basically nothing alike. Especially Megumi.
(Free of manga spoilers)
A pretty great breakdown of his character.

Same for Itadori.
(Also free of manga spoilers)

So, finally binged episodes 12 through 20 and caught up after thinking i may drop jujutsu kaisen. Gojo is way too awesome, now i do not want to miss more episodes >:/

While there is homage present, the characters are basically nothing alike. Especially Megumi.

You could be right. But on the surface level, the comparison is pretty obvious. Maybe manga could change that and animes as it progresses more, but I stand behind what I wrote.

And comparison with Naruto characters isn't the worst place. But maybe Naruto has such a legacy that people don't want to make those comparisons. Many anime characters (and characters in movies etc.) are kind of an arch type because you don't always invent something new.

But let's see where the story leads us in the second season.

(I haven't read manga)

You could be right. But on the surface level, the comparison is pretty obvious. Maybe manga could change that and animes as it progresses more, but I stand behind what I wrote.
I mean, they are only becoming more and more dissimilar from the Naruto characters. Sure Naruto helped establish archetypes, but authors have since toyed with those archetypes and developed them differently, as this series did. So yes, there's a link of inspiration, but the characters are effectively entirely different in practice.

How did Mihito end up in Sukuna's "mind" or whatever that's called after Itadori broke into Mihito's domain expansion when Itadori himself did not use domain expansion nor did he swap with Sukuna?

Without this, Nanami would be dead. Plot armor?

GO PANDA, GO
200.gif
I don't know if anyone has answered this but from my understanding, when Sukuna entered the domain(being the king of curses) he like takes control. He lives in Itadori and unless they swap out, Sukuna's domain is like in the body. Evidence: When Itadori died and they talked in what looks like Sukuna's domain. So Mihito using domain expansion allowed him to get in touch with Sukuna. He got in touch with Sukuna as soon as he touched Itadori.

Finally finished it, 3/10 bcos i enjoyed it. It's kinda a generic shonen but atleast every female character has substance to them, which im happy to see.
The 1st OP fits the anime but the ED feels out of place. And the 2nd OP & ED feels very melancholic and depressing. But i still enjoyed them bcos it's nice to hear.
Pissed that netflix changed the translation in ep 23 Juju Stroll. Gojo is supposed to say "homewreckers" but fucking netflix changed it to "sly cats."

In short, if there was a 2nd season i would watch it

Back