JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Group Watched Jojo with some friends (Gainful and others)

I personally really liked it. The difference between Part 2 and 3 is pretty interesting.
I like how they incorporated Stans into the series as it adds a whole new perspective to the show. Excited to watch the next portion of Part 3

Last edited:
Soo, here we go I guess

Oh wow, they really went so overkill with their animation budget and it's wondrful! I'm not saying that the earlier parts were badly animated but the first episode already had some insanely cinematic shots.

I initially didn't expect to like Jotaro that much after our jolly good fellow Joseph, but he's just so serious that it's almost comical in a way. And I'm not the fan of the "fangirl swarm" trope but with Jotaro it's so absurd and ridiculous and also just played up to the eleven.

And Kakyoin. His stand seems to be a bunch of random bullshit taped into one stand, but I mean, well wait and see.

Also, Daisuke Hirakawa is a VA I mainly know from otome games and thay one song he performed with Maiko Fujita. I think he got a good voice honestly.

Just realized there are two Daisukes in the cast. Huh.

Also regarding Jotaro's stand, I have to questions.

Are stands... sentient beings? Because Jotaro's stand really acted like it was.

And also, how did the police officers or anyone not consider the fact that Jotaro's stand was basically constantly shoplifting to bring Jotaro stuff? Or at least I doubt that thing payed probably isn't carrying a wallet while going around

Are stands... sentient beings? Because Jotaro's stand really acted like it was.

As a general rule no. A Stand is a reflection of its owner's spirit. If a stand seems like it's acting on its own its because the connection is on an unconscious level.

That being said Stands come in many flavors so some seem to have more autonomy than others. However, I'd still say they're just carrying out the users desires (mostly).

As a general rule no. A Stand is a reflection of its owner's spirit. If a stand seems like it's acting on its own its because the connection is on an unconscious level.

That being said Stands come in many flavors so some seem to have more autonomy than others. However, I'd still say they're just carrying out the users desires (mostly).

Okay, thanks for letting me know!

Ep 3

I recently realized something. Holly has the personality of an 80s shoujo heroine. Like a retired shoujo heroine that happened to become the mother of a buff shounen protagonist. I dunno, that's just a really funny thought.

Seems like Jotaro could have a brilliant future as a brain surgeon. But I feel like a hole in head that is directly connected to the brain would require a bit more than just a bandage.

Also man, I wish there was a slice of life spin-off that was just Joseph being a dad to child Holly. They're so silly and I'd love to see younger Joseph as a father.

EP 4

I love, I love the fact that Joseph is like "Welp, this is my third plane crash." Airplanes really seem to have some vendetta against Joseph. Stand battles have yet to win me over, but that mostly because I miss the sheer ridiculousness of Joseph's fighting style. Actually yeah, I don't miss hamon but boy do I miss Joseph saying: "Your next line is-"

Ep 5

Hmmm, I don't know. The fight against Polnareff was a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Maybe it's just because I'm used to Joseph's convoluted plans that I feel this way. But Polnareff himself seems like a cool character. And don't get me wrong, Avdol is really badass but I wish we'd got to see even more strategy from his part.

The visuals are really impressive though, and I think Silver Chariot might be among my favourite stand designs yet.

Some people once compared Jojo writing to a DnD campaign and I can totally see that, with the all tragic backstories.

Episode 6

Oh look, it's a girl Poco. One of those again...

The poor shark though...

That boat in the end, funnily enough made me think of that one episode with the ghost ship from 90s Moomin anime. Wait... was that a Jojo reference!?

Episode 7

I feel uncomfortable.

Also, I do not support animal cruelty.

However...

Episode 8

Ngl, that was actually terrifying.

So, how did Joseph learn how his stand works? Randomly punching cameras and hugging TVs?

Episode 9

Oh, the origin story of that one GIF that everyone has seen.

And glad to see Jotaro knows the secret Joestar family technique.

Stands are honestly growing to me. They have their own potential for wacky fighting scenes. And also more importantly, for more epic poses.

Also I find it hilarious that out of all the things, they decided to censor Jotaro smoking.

Ep 10

At first I was like heh, this Hol Horse guys is living some cliché 50s western.

And now I'm like "Noooo, Avdol!!"

Although, to be honest I kinda got some spoilers regardin how that's going to turn out...

Ep 11

Okay, this was probably among my favorite episodes yet from this part of JJBA. Woo buddy, how much stellar action and ridiculous mind games, not to mention Kakyoin actually feeling like a character for once!

Ep 12

HECK YEAH, that's my man Joseph!! You show 'em buddy!!

Ep 13

Did they... did they just leave the truck driver there? That driver was just a random civilian! And beating up random guys at the tea house. And also leaving the stand user to slowly die on the ground, that's harsh... I feel like this journey is starting to get on their nerves, since they have this little empathy to anyone...

And guys, I know everyone seems to agree that they hate the girl Poco, but I'd say she as a character, isn't any worse than the other audience self insert children before her. She might be a poorly used character, but at least she's a character, unlike Poco. And also bringing her as a self insert child to the series implies that Araki already assumed that his manga has female readers too. And that's more than most of the shounen authors of his time were doing. All things considered, I respect Araki, even though he sometimes doesn't nail things perfectly in his writing.

What I'm trying to say is that she might not be a great character, but I've seen so, so much worse.

Last edited:
Episode 14

Polnareff's Toilet Adventures

But jokes aside, I liked the suspense of this episode, properly terrifying.

Episode 15

Guys that was a joke. I was joking. I did not know that Polnareff would get his face shoved into a toilet in the next episode.

Also you guys should have heard my unhinged laughter when Jotaro said that he's a Columbo fan. My cats probably thought I had finally lost it.

Last edited:
Back