JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Episode 23.
I see Suzie has gotten even more annoying with age. Good to know. And that Stand...ugh. Little bastard is noisy and agitating. Gonna enjoy seeing Jotaro tear him a new one.

Episode 23
That stand would be cooler if it wasn't so pointlessly fucking annoying.
And they'll be in Egypt next episode. Woo!
Yet we still have like 27 episodes left of this season. wut. Those episodes better be packed with Dio all the time, because the monster of the week shtick with basically anonymous stand users have gotten pretty goddamn tiresome.
No villains to get attached to.
And, of course, Polnareff is already healed from having chunks of flesh torn out of his body.
This is making the consequences of being hit seem trivial, particularly with the "revival" of Avdol to top it off.
What the fuck are you dying for, Jonathan? Lazer beams to the throat? Walk it off, pussy.

I seriously hope the next acts of the Jojo series do not follow the same pattern as this one.

It is pretty disappointing, but I still have hopes for the latter part of the series. I actually skipped a good chunk of this season once I realized what was happening, and I only watched the two part episodes, hoping that there would be some actual plot in those. So, maybe I'm not as burned out on it as other people. Looking forward to Egypt though, and hoping that once Dio enters the arena things will go back to the series's original formula.

Edit: Just looking at a character roster it looks like there's about
10 villains left
which is pretty disheartening actually. Unless they're mostly 1 part episodes, then Dio will be on hold for awhile.

...January 2015!?

Man, this show can eat a dick.

3 out of 5.

And if that was who I fucking think it was at the end come the next part, I'll come back and knock it down to a 2.

Last edited:
That bit with Polnareff and Kakyoin was simply pure gold. Something about the lack of the eyes being visible, made it all the more funnier. :laugh:

That bit with Polnareff and Kakyoin was simply pure gold. Something about the lack of the eyes being visible, made it all the more funnier. :laugh:

Genuinely my favourite joke in the manga. Loved seeing it animated.

Episode 24

Man these licensing censors annoy me, Rose instead of Midler when you can blatantly hear them calling her Midler.

But more DIO again. Man I've missed him.

I was just saying to Gen over skype, but I think the problem some people are having with this is the slow pacing brought on by the fact that it's just too close to the manga. All these fights feel like they're right near the beginning of the manga, but here we've had 2 cours and they're only just in egypt.

However, the second half should be amazing. So I'm looking forward to January!

I haven't really been able to keep up with this, but I'm curious to know
if we actually even see Midler's face here, or if it's like the manga...

Yay, I'm all up to date!

...Just as it goes on break for four months. Damnit.

I didn't realise Iggy was introduced so late in the game. I was waiting to see what a dog with a stand would be like.

Also:
This series needs one thing and one thing only:

MORE DIO.

No more of this "standing on the sidelines" bullshit! :flip:

So I marathoned the last seven episodes
and while at the start it was really fun I was actually pretty bored by the time I was getting to the end. I'm pretty much in agreement with Tae, things were better in the manga because all the episodic fights felt like they were over more quickly. By giving each of them their own episode or even two the pacing has started to feel really dragged out.

Yes, I still had some fun because this is JoJo after all but this isn't nearly as compelling as the first season where it was more of a continuous story rather than monster of the week format. I don't think the season was bad at all, but by the end I was starting to feel burnt out on all the insignificant fights that were just slowing the group down. It is also a bit disheartening that when they actually get somewhere that the plot can pick up again the season just ends. It makes this feel like one big cock tease. I know the second half is going to be better but it is a long wait until January and the appearance of Dio in the last episode has left me with a serious case of blueballs. I've missed his scenery chewing and I want him to get out of the shadows and do something.

I don't really see much point in going through everyone monster of the week villain, but in the last stretch of episodes the one I enjoyed most was probably Dan of Steel. The rest ranged from okay to kind of lame. I did get some laughs from the baby vampire, but I think it was one of those times I was more laughing at the show rather than with it. I thought the baby was just waaaay to silly even for this show even if I did kind of like Death 13's design.

Another thing is the toilet humor started to grate on me a bit. I'll never be the most mature guy in the room and I can enjoy a good toilet joke, but it got a bit weird this season. Even if Jojo has never been particularly mature licking toilets, forcing a baby to eat its own shit and pissing in the mouth of a villain was a bit much and let us all try to forget toilet pig. It's not to say there wasn't a lot of other great humor here, I definitely laughed at a lot of the jokes, but I dunno I think we could have done with less of the potty jokes. It's pretty bad when a turd was put in baby food and I was sure Polnareff was going to take a bite at some point.

So yeah, even as a huge fan of JoJo I did find myself getting a bit bored with it this season and wanting the real plot to kick in so I definitely understand all of the complaints. I also think a lot of the one off villains ended up looking pretty lame or just too silly even for this series. It comes off better in the manga because it all feels like it goes by quicker.

Overall, I can see this season being disappointing to a lot of people. I can't say I didn't enjoy it myself though I love the main group of characters and even watching them futz around had its entertainment value for me, but it definitely rates lower than the first season. I'm somewhere between a 6-7 on this season, but I think I'll be generous and just call it a very weak 7 out of 10

3/5 from me. Absolutely pales in comparison to the first season. They should have skipped half these fights and gotten to egypt by episode 12 instead of 24.

^They did that in the old OVA...

This series honestly wouldn't need more than 40 episodes though. Is it seriously going to be 52?

After some thought I decided to lower this to a 6 out of 10 because while it is entertaining most of the time the story isn't satisfying as a season of anime.

Back