JET Program.

I'll definitely write up some tips. I failed, but my wife passed, so we have a pretty fair understanding now of what does and doesn't work.

I'll also be sure to write down the occasional observation for prep, things like deodorant is difficult to find in Japan. Who knew?

And I'd definitely have either a futon free, or the name of the most reasonably priced hotel/hostel in town prepared if ya do visit! XD

Hopefully we're placed somewhere in Osaka, so I can stuff my face every day.
Grand stuff, sound. I'm kinda annoyed that they didn't get back to me though. They did the other time.

Haha, oh yea I knew that. It's a whole biological thing, Japanese people have less apocrine glands than westerners so they don't sweat as much, which means their deodorant non existent or water based. No use to smelly westerners :P

Sound, though I'm not opposed to other accommodation (capsule hotel). I've even planned the night bus for traveling some places.

Osaka was my place too, or Kyoto. Have friends in both so will definitely be visiting :)

@ValkyrieNight not trying to get your hopes up, but I have seen applicants from UK announcing in a FB group I'm in that they've started to receive notices. I'm not sure if UK and Ireland have different dates, but I know you mentioned not hearing back, and there should definitely be an email if you were rejected.

I'd verify the email you used, or log into the JET page and check your messages, just for some closure one way or the other! <3

So, super awesome news, as of this morning, my wife was accepted to be an ALT through the JET Program. We're going to go teach in Japan for a year!!

(I'm aware of the date, this is not a prank.)

I'm so very excited and nervous, but I'll be posting info and updates here in case anyone is thinking about applying in the future, or has already been and would like to share wisdom.

I'm so fucking excited, I can't stand it, and really hope this whole Covid shit clears up by September.

Congratulations! =D

So, super awesome news, as of this morning, my wife was accepted to be an ALT through the JET Program. We're going to go teach in Japan for a year!!

(I'm aware of the date, this is not a prank.)

I'm so very excited and nervous, but I'll be posting info and updates here in case anyone is thinking about applying in the future, or has already been and would like to share wisdom.

I'm so fucking excited, I can't stand it, and really hope this whole Covid shit clears up by September.
That’s so cool! Congrats man! :drinking:

@ValkyrieNight not trying to get your hopes up, but I have seen applicants from UK announcing in a FB group I'm in that they've started to receive notices. I'm not sure if UK and Ireland have different dates, but I know you mentioned not hearing back, and there should definitely be an email if you were rejected.

I'd verify the email you used, or log into the JET page and check your messages, just for some closure one way or the other! <3
I think a year of silence is answer enough. ROI is separate to the UK, NI would come under UK though. I got a rejection letter the first time I applied. The email is the right one, I still receive news e-letters from them every month. We don't have accounts on the JET page here. I think it might be through another English Language employer or a holiday that I go over on.

Back