It's Morphin Time (Power Rangers Thread)

This isn't Power Rangers, it's "Differently Coloured Teenage Iron Men/Women Riding Michael Bay's Leftover Transformers". Thankfully my nostalgia for PR is practically non-existent at this point, so I don't have to deal with this on an emotional level.

There won't even be a cheesy Van Halen song, so what's the point?

Reading power rangers reviews, and it sounds about as shitty as I imagined. One guy calling it, "worse than fantastic four" ouch. :laugh:

A couple of the positive tell an even sadder story.

Set your expectations low enough and you might just be entertained.
Power Rangers is a wholly unnecessary cash cow that isn't so bad if you just lower your expectations.

A slap in the face isn't so bad if you're expecting a kick in the balls.

Me.
Lower my expectations.

HAHAHAHAHA! I will not. I pride myself on being a critical film and TV aficionado. I don't even give My Little goddamn Pony a break when it's bad. My expectations are high, and I like it that way. Just makes it better when a movie surpasses them.

Planning to being the operative word there. You know how many shitty movies thought they'd get sequels? And even teased one at the end of the film? A LOT.

I just hope the movie bombs in the box office, but I really have no idea, since it seems like the critics hate it, but the general audience actually like it.

I enjoyed the Power Rangers movie enough that it did not feel like 2 hours long. And considering how it ended, I really want to see a sequel with
Best Ranger Tommy
. If it didn't set that up, I would just be kinda meh about a sequel.

I would like to see some payoff for sitting through 1.5 hours and not seeing much of the Power Rangers, though. I feel entitled to sequels that would promise more action and morphin time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...6-movie-arc-planned-for-power-rangers/.113899

Oh, god, they're actually planning 6 parts of this shit. Make the madness, FUCKING STAHP! This is pretty much the worst idea ever.

I always seem to bang on a movie budgets, but once again the budget for this film is significant. For a large scale action movie the new Power Rangers had what is now considered a "modest budget" of a hundred million dollars. I don't know what they spent on marketing, but they've got a relatively lower bar to hurdle to be considered successful. Unless this movie is a complete flop both domestically and internationally there's a good chance it'll make a profit and then we can look forward to them farting out one of these movies a year for the next five years.

Apparently movie execs can learn something every once in while. They didn't blow 200 million and expect to make that back on a dubious nostalgia project. I'm almost dismayed that this is the movie where they decided to realize that. I suppose the everyone had to learn a lesson from the relative financial failure of Batman vs Superman.

Get ready for them Power Rangers sequels. It made 40.5 million this weekend, which puts it at the high end what it was projected to earn. However, what's more important is that it's getting good word of mouth. The critics were pretty blasé about the movie, but audience reactions have been overwhelmingly positive.

Get ready for them Power Rangers sequels. It made 40.5 million this weekend, which puts it at the high end what it was projected to earn. However, what's more important is that it's getting good word of mouth. The critics were pretty blasé about the movie, but audience reactions have been overwhelmingly positive.

Ugh, this is going to be the next Bayformers thing, isn't? At this rate, it's going to easily recoup it's 100 million dollar budget, and make a profit. Fucking piece of shit.

I split out the posts about the movie into this thread, but this can be for discussing anything about the Power Rangers franchise.

Ayayayayy xD
No way in hell I'm paying to see this, but I must say, I'm intrigued.

Back