Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

Episode 8
I liked the ghost girl especially in the end where she pushed it too far and Akai got mad.Not sure what she has to be though a chicken?A bird?Hm..

Episode 9:

Dunno, I just thought that Inugami was being obnoxious and selfish as all hell in this episode. Pretty grating.

Episode 9:

What Hasse said.
This was an awful three minutes of Inugami being a selfish jerk and all the jokes were really unfunny.

This one started out meh and has gone downhill from there.

At least this episode didn't bloat the cast any further. It's only three minutes an episode and there are already more characters than it could ever do anything with in a 12 episode run.

That wasn't complaining. It was pointing out a stone cold fact. The show doesn't have enough run time to effectively use all these characters. It could do it if it had more than 12 episodes.

But first it needs to get some stronger comedy. Now that's a complaint.

Even though it has lost steam, it's still barely hanging on to being mediocre. However, there have been a lot of quality shorts lately and this mediocre one doesn't cut it.

I feel Sakura Trick would have benefited from using this format though. Full length episodes were too much for it, but give it these 4 minute episodes and boil the show down then it could have been a cute sweet short instead of a ton of repetitive and meaningless fluff until we get to the sweet moment. Sakura Trick was hurt by having full length episodes.

No, the first part is basic logic. There's 4 episodes left at three minutes a pop. There's no way to properly do anything with that many characters in 12 minutes of screen time.

Episode 10:

Pool antics! School swimsuits! Surprisingly little fanservice! Not a lot of fun jokes! Actually, make that no fun jokes! This is still way better than Sakura Trick! I need more exclamation marks!

Episode 10:

Well since Hasse stole all the exclamation points I'll just say that was three minutes of completely unremarkable anime. In that way it's just like Sakura Trick but only lasts for three minutes at a time rather than dragging on for 20.

Episode 10.
horny-inugami.jpg

That bit cracked me up. Funny episode.

Episode 11.
Aw, they faked me out with a dream. Curses. Oh well. It was still cute as hell and funny too.
Good episode.

Episode 11:

Nothing like being sick in bed to make you perv out apparently. It's not like being sick makes you feel gross and awful or anything...

Again this show just has very little going on and none of it is particularly interesting. You'd think with such short episodes they'd have snappier writing. The only thing this show has got going for it is the thankfully short run time.

Episode 11:

Nothing like being sick in bed to make you perv out apparently. It's not like being sick makes you feel gross and awful or anything...

Nothing like watching a comedy show solely to whine about it. It's not like enjoying something makes you feel happy and amused or anything...

Quite enjoyable for a simple short. I think most of y'all are being a bit too critical on what's not suppose to be more than a very light SoL with some yuri or shoujo-ai aspect. Then again, this was produced by Seven and they, in history has done shotty works, in my books. Still, this has to be their best series they've done so far, in terms of its purpose and animation. Characters are likable and play to their archetype, especially their spirit animal.

2.5/3.5
My rating scale for shorts.

Episode 12:

A dog, a cat, a rat and a sloth walk into a festival...

Sounds like the set up for some lame joke, but the episode one ups that by not really having much in the way of humor. The episode doesn't really wrap anything up and doesn't feel like an ending at all. Some predictable lines about yukata and all that then the episode ends with some hand holding. Meh.

Meh pretty much sums up this series. It's not really good at any of the things it tries to accomplish, but it's not particularly offensive either. However, after shows like Tonari no Seki-kun raised the bar for what shorts could accomplish this one is pretty damn underwhelming. I may not enjoy Mahou Shoujo Taisen very much, but at least the show tries to be a bit ambitious even if it has bitten off more than it can chew. Inugami on the other hand doesn't take any risks and ends up very bland. 4 out of 10

Back