Introducing the new Anime-Planet brand, and updated design

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Dec 29, 2018.

1. keknight

keknight New Member

the site looks really nice, good job. I can't wait to see how the site will look and feel once all the updates are up.

Muggins and Nicknames like this.
  2. Kuroshima

Kuroshima New Member

Awesome, I'm always happy watching AP develops, been using it a while and will continue to do so because its a great site

Muggins, Nicknames and Rascal like this.
  3. CrimsonRoseRJM

CrimsonRoseRJM New Member

Looks Great! Well Done! ^.^

4. fiqrytorres

fiqrytorres New Member

All Hail Anime Planet

5. Shidira

Shidira Well-Known Member

I love the new update, it looks fantastic! Cant wait to see it improve throughout the year!

6. ascodaynnee

ascodaynnee New Member

wow.. great. before this web's quality of interface is bad. but the content is great. I always get an invitation to change my main catalog to other website by my friends.
    but after sometime, there are change to the features, changes to the website look, and now there are more fantastic change.

And now I can boast this website to my old friends...

and about the logo I prefer to be the left one, because it simple. but anything is fine they are great. :D

7. lollipopsmann

lollipopsmann New Member

MAN. ChAngES can be a paIN IN THE ASS buTtttttt imma learn to love this classy lookin’ beauty

8. SilverKnig1997

SilverKnig1997 New Member

New year new look i'm down

9. RadiusTN

RadiusTN New Member

Awesome!! Always love any kind of beautiful updates. Can't wait for the actual redesign.:love::smile:

10. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

This is the best sort of compliment. I hope your friends come check it out!

And thanks to everyone who's been responding. It's been so motivating to see how much people like the direction the site is going. <3

Muggins, Hua, Nicknames and 3 others like this.
  11. HawkAussie

HawkAussie Active Member

I absolutely love the design change, but I will wait until a dark skin comes round.

knoxyal, Muggins and Nicknames like this.
  12. neetaku

neetaku Well-Known Member

I fall asleep and come to AP to this surprise. I like the new look already

13. hotsauce2000

hotsauce2000 Member

Snazzy new logo design, I love it. Can't wait to see what you all have in store for us with the full redesign.

Muggins, Rascal and Nicknames like this.
  14. KeranTheOkami

KeranTheOkami New Member

Can you make it where we can submit date of birth on mobile for restricted content?

15. MrValgard

MrValgard New Member

pls just inject "recommendation system" to characters pages, instead this "similar character" algoritm which isn't working for years. Simple change, and will me more usefull.

16. Quin15

Quin15 Member

Will take a little getting used to, from what I can tell so far it's looking nice : )

Definitely an improvement from the older design, as it was a bit dated. This new design is very minimalist (which I have to say looks great) and the colour scheme is looking nice too.
    I just feel that this new design is up with the times and the website feels more professional and inviting.

The only gripe I have (but by no means important, but I still wanted to point it out) is that the play button on these thumbnails aren't centred vertically. 18 pixels from the top and 7 pixels from the bottom. (24 inch 1920x1080 monitor, full windowed browser)
    [​IMG]
    This is occurring because the images scale automatically depending on the width of it's container, and the play button does not. If I shrink the webpage you get some element overlapping.
    [​IMG]
    You would probably have to add in a new media rule for these play button images and scale the images dynamically to the width of the divination called 'crop', since looking at the HTML of the webpage, this is the innermost div containing the images.

Muggins, Feinraf and Nicknames like this.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  17. Ebhen

Ebhen Active Member

Posted by Ebhen on Jan 1, 2019
    I always give my friends links to this site and boast about the phenomenal way it works and how it helped me in the beginning when I entered the world of Anime. AP was my bible that first year before I got into it and could find new stuff by myself. :D It was shown to me by a friend whom I forever will be grateful too. I love AP and how it evolve with just the love and energy of us all who use the site. This is a big and gorgeous step forward and I look forward to the new changes.

Keep up the good work! :love::balloon:

18. KonaIzumi

KonaIzumi Member

Awesome news!! Really looking forwards to the future updates :D

But please, someone fix the Anime-Planet User page. It won't allow you to go further than page 2 and is been like this for days or even weeks now :x

Thanks for the hard and good work!

19. Anicast

Anicast Bronze Supporter

New design and logo look good. Nice, bright, and light.

20. DreamQueen5324

DreamQueen5324 New Member

This looks awesome and adorable! Can't wait to see what comes our way! #YearOfTheNerd