Introducing the new Anime-Planet brand, and updated design

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Dec 29, 2018.

1. RedDatalGirl

RedDatalGirl New Member

i like it. 私はこのウェブサイトが大好き!

Nicknames likes this.
  2. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Can't tell if good or bad reaction D:

Nicknames likes this.
  3. Venzanewidow

Venzanewidow New Member

Good job

Nicknames likes this.
  4. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Active Member

Good! It's a friendly, approachable look. The change is nevertheless dramatic. So when you first land on the site it's a jumble of emotions, some pleasant surprises, and then... you get used to it and it's like it's always been this way. Nice job, guys!

Jennycortez180 and Nicknames like this.
  5. DannyPat

DannyPat New Member

Sorry, maybe I'm just dumb, but are you also able to watch anime on Anime Planet, because untill now I've only seen articles and reviews! :-)

6. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

7. LowisLane

LowisLane New Member

how can I read manga from here? thanks

8. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

9. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Feb 18, 2019
    whoever came up with a "e ⌣ p " thing is a genius

the site looks really good, well done!

LavanderGirl and Nicknames like this.
  10. PhantomLex

PhantomLex New Member

JAJAJAJAJA 3...2....1... LIFT OFF! " Success"

11. lovelyhikkachan

lovelyhikkachan New Member

So cool

12. TheAzureComet

TheAzureComet Active Member

13. DoChan

DoChan New Member

Will the notification ever go away? It's starting to get annoying.

14. sothis

Yes, we're getting close to being able to finish up a "full" notifications system (Versus the one-time popup for this one). That'll replace this system and should be more sticky. Thanks for your patience!

GlennMagusHarvey, Gozza and Nicknames like this.
  15. MonoCirci

MonoCirci New Member

This update looks way better than how it looked before which was one of the reasons I never made an account on AP. Now though, everything's beautiful. GOOD JOB.

Nicknames and Jennycortez180 like this.
  16. sothis

This kind of praise makes me very happy - it's always nice to know our efforts have led to winning over folks who weren't convinced in the past :)

MonoCirci and Nicknames like this.
  17. Sacura

Sacura New Member

Looks really good great job team:laugh:

Nicknames likes this.
  18. sothis

@GlennMagusHarvey (or anyone else who reads this)

Nicknames and GlennMagusHarvey like this.
  19. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Looking forward to the finished redesign!

Nicknames likes this.
  20. Larkawolfgirl

Larkawolfgirl Member

I don't make any posts on here, but I suddenly had the impulse to let you know how much I appreciate this site. Back when I joined in 2008, I had only seen a randon handful of anime episodes my sister had bought at FYE and whatever played on tv. I wasn't even aware what I was watching on tv was anime. But then my sister stumbled upon this site and it opened an entire world for us. Ever since joining this site, I have been addicted to the point where, until recently, I barely even watched any other shows.

I know that Myanimelist is more well-known and this site's competitor, but I am so glad I found this site first. I never even knew about that site for quite some time, but when I took a look at it, I never once thought about hopping over there because this site looked so much nicer in my opinion. I'm blown away by your dedication to continue improving the site. I remember how cool I thought it was that you could change the theme but was sad that I didn't know any of the series the themes were from, so I just stuck with the mascot. Then we got the update to add our cover which was exciting. I do think a dark theme would be nice since that's the one thing I didn't like about the cover update since before you could make the page darker with a different theme. But other than that, I've only enjoyed the changes. The new logo is a really cute, genius idea, but I have to admit after looking at the old one for so long, it's going to take a while to get used to.