Introducing the new Anime-Planet brand, and updated design

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Sykes

Sykes Active Member

Posted by Sykes on Feb 7, 2019
    I got back on after a while, looked at everything, WAS BLOWN AWAY. This is rad.

Karin84, feinraf and Nicknames like this.
  2. Masamune

Masamune New Member

I've been pretty lazy about keeping my anime list updated lately, just noticed the site changes today. xD It looks good though, I'm looking forward to the dark theme too (a black/red version would be awesome). ^_^

LavanderGirl, Sehunnie and Nicknames like this.
  3. sirensong

sirensong New Member

I like the cat best :p

4. jk804

jk804 New Member

Posted by jk804 on Feb 9, 2019
    Wow, I love the new look.

I remember passing by this website years ago, but this new look's got me making my own account now!

Karin84 and Nicknames like this.
  5. TIMAKEY

TIMAKEY New Member

phenomenal site really , but i'm wondering how can i open and read manga's or watch anime's :megusta:

Nicknames likes this.
  6. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Feb 9, 2019
    Nicknames likes this.
  7. RomaOfAme

RomaOfAme New Member

Nicely made.

Nicknames and Karin84 like this.
  8. codedonut

codedonut New Member

please allow for the selection of a dark theme. the white is too bright to look at!

LavanderGirl likes this.
  9. OneCraftyLady

OneCraftyLady Well-Known Member

The post already lists that a dark theme will be coming at some point. If it really bothers you get a night mode extension for your brower, works on EVERY website.

10. Dellsimkin

Dellsimkin New Member

Wow, first time I logged in after the change was on my phone split screen. I freaked out for a minute thinking I had lost my mind... Then, like a normal person I opened it in full screen and browse around read the update post immediately and found my profile page quite promptly you also got a badge the same day 4 Life on anime I forget which one it was but the skeleton so I knew that change was coming I just usually don't use my phone on the site too much so it was a moment of panic. It looks great and I love cats too and Anime. But I came to post here since this is about the updating of the page. Over the years, a few times I've probably ask the wrong person or put the question in the wrong place. Which I seem to be good at, and getting yelled at (not rudely) before I realized the Forum layout. So while you're doing the revamping how hard would it be to add a place that shows if a series or movie is in both sub format and English dubbed format? Cause it would save me tons of time if after I read the synopsis people spend so much time writing and decide I want to watch something if I knew I was going to be able to watch it dubbed. Here is why, I am 47 now and I have never needed glasses till the last few years. But I can't read subtitles anymore. I'm old no, haha LOL. I don't know how difficult it would be. But, it seems that adding it to the site from or to any new and future shows should be simple. What I don't know is how hard updating everything already here would be. I have even offered to help or do it myself but someone would have to show me how to do it first and then I will. I do rate each series I track here. I think I'm right at 630 + shows all dubbed (so I have alist to start with) and I just saw in the general discussion area the question someone posted was about good dubbed animes and trying to get somebody into anime by showing them a dubbed and my best option was to direct them to my profile page, click my anime tab, change the more filters drop down to "watched" change the "sort" Drop box to "rating" and just go down the list from my idea of what five stars down to zero stars because all my list is all dubbed except maybe for 10 shows like Dragon Ball super. I also noted that if they had a genre in mind just put it in my comments section and I could very easily throw them suggestions. Saving them from having to go through all my "watched" list.
    We've talked a few times over the years and I appreciate your work. I was one of the first people to welcome Fullmetal dragon, and now she runs the Welcome crew. So, I'm willing to help. I just need to be pointed in the right direction or told who to contact.

11. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/watch-online/dubbed/ <- Anime you can watch on Anime-Planet Dubbed via one of our partners (more info here).
    https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?en_dub=1 <- Filter for displaying what anime has a Dub in existence. This can be found via the other tab named "English Dubbed" in the main search.

feinraf likes this.
  12. Ohyeahitsme

Ohyeahitsme New Member

So Cool
    So cool and amazing! The design rocks! The whole team did a great job. Looking for the updates!

13. Malcom13Blossom

Malcom13Blossom New Member

I think the new logo ideas are amazing!

[​IMG]

Nicknames likes this.
  14. hannah1157

hannah1157 New Member

i love the new update and looking forward to more updates

Karin84 and Nicknames like this.
  15. Dellsimkin

Dellsimkin New Member

Hey thanks for those links again. Had found them at one point in the past the last 4 and a half years, and then had problems with watching the Dubs online through A-P. I still had the same problem since reading your reply and believe it to be because I'm using a Fire tablet and Samsung Galaxy phone to do most of my Online work now. I just happened to come in and borrow my mothers laptop and open the page, used your link and notice that when I used the Chrome browser (which it seems on an Android phone and Amazon fire tablet Don't allow flash anymore so couldn't watch online through Crunchyroll or Hulu) For your website that when I use my Chrome browser on the PC an 'anime planet' notification popped up asking if I would allow A-P to play flash . Naturales since I'm trying to resolve this issue for myself I said yes . Randomly picking 'my hero academia 3' first . It played the show But in Japanese with subtitles and no options for playing the dubbed version . So I checked a few more and at this point Chrome decided I needed to update my flash on the PC which I did . (But I also put a link hidden in my bio to the Anime planet English dubbed page list for my future use) . So I'll never lose it again. As for why even after selecting View online From AP's site And clicking dub online, that I'm still getting them as subbed I'm not sure of just yet After I send this I will go back and test more shows than the ones that I did test and let you know more. However, to watch English dubbed online and following the directions given above My first result was getting episode one of season 3 of my hero academia In Japanese subtitles My second experience was a black screen With it, on the side was a Spam advertisement on the side Said open now blah blah I skipped it but right clicked on the player itself and went to Adobe Flash Web page and did an update for my Chrome version on this PC . And then like I said I saved The dubbed Page link From the search bar after I realized that English filters Is listed in the 'others 'category. So for the last 4 and a half years I have used the search but never new the filter was there to take me to the page directly. But the end result is that my request that started this has been taking care of the bugs and issues with Android versus Amazon versus PC browsers. And using the website to list and give star ratings to 638 dubbed animes on Anime-planet.com. I would much rather 'click here to watch online' to view online anime through your partners. This is something I will continue to look into . And posting a bugfix in the proper place Provided I can find one considering I seem to be very un-adept at locating the locations of things I like on this page or love about this page But thanks again for the links above. I know many people that have asked me about it in the past. Now I can pass the knowledge on to them as the URL is saved to my profile page.

16. qew

qew New Member

Yes, the Gods have blessed us

17. AlphaMarsh

AlphaMarsh New Member

marvelous logo

Nicknames likes this.
  18. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Active Member

Omg... what...? It's... nice. But woah.

Nicknames and thor123 like this.
  19. thor123

thor123 Well-Known Member

^literally everyone's reaction to seeing you're still alive :D

Nicknames and commonxreaction like this.
  20. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Active Member

I do check on the old place once in a while. :)

Nicknames and thor123 like this.