Introducing: dark mode

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Mar 2, 2020.

1. loreiae

loreiae New Member

Finally, I can now see

2. Feinraf

Feinraf Developer

I'd imagine you are the only one who thinks a near black background is lighter than a pure white one yes.

Very strange comment

Oceanwithwaves and Nicknames like this.
  3. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

I just noticed that the forum's formatting for the lines delineating text boxes were also updated and are now aligned properly.

4. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

literally like 3 posts above this

5. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Alright, fuck me and everything my eyes experienced then. Sorry for my garbage feedback, I'll go back in my corner.

Oceanwithwaves and RascaI like this.
  6. Nitroglycerin

Nitroglycerin Forum Moderator

Forum is looking considerably better in dark mode now, well done and thanks :)

7. Bestanimeserie

Bestanimeserie Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work as always

8. Feinraf

Feinraf Developer

You don't need to be sorry for your opinion but rather than going back to your corner, I'd recommend you go back to the opticians if the white text is causing your eyes that much bother because they may be able to help.

Oceanwithwaves likes this.
  9. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

My computer monitor's brightness will bother the eyes if I turn off the lights in my room, but won't if turned back on. Focusing in on a glaring white text on a completely dark background has the same effect to me, and I have to turn on the blue light filter for it to stop being frustating, which makes it redundant.

So please refrain from making insulting statements about my actual physical health. I'll refrain from future forum feedback since apparently this kind of snark is what you get if your feedback wasn't the desired one. So you get your wish at least.
    Peace out.

Oceanwithwaves and RascaI like this.
  10. FallonAngol

FallonAngol New Member

thank you!

11. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

Perhaps turn down the brightness? A monitor doesn't have to, nor generally should it run at peak brightness all the time. I would think its a better solution then making all the colors inaccurate with a blue filter.

That or contrast is wonky if its white text on a black screen, old school console style. I dont know. But either way aught to be a better solution.

12. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

Florida Man Fails To Read Thread Before Posting

13. KawaiiSB01

KawaiiSB01 Well-Known Member

i didn't came here for long a lot has changed .. seem like
    [​IMG]

Im loving it tho T^T

14. mustkigoshif

mustkigoshif New Member

thank you now im not blinded by the light

15. jk804

jk804 New Member

Posted by jk804 on Mar 6, 2020
    Thank you for implementing this!

16. JenKenos

JenKenos New Member

Absolutely love it, thank you sothis :drink:

17. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

You're not alone. My eyes always hurt when I have to read white text on a black background. Already said it here a few pages back. Which is why I'm sticking to the light mode.

18. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

Hahaha, what the fuck is wrong with you dude :laugh: that's like the rudest possible way you could've put that!

I feel bad for @BrainBlow right now. I see where he's coming from too, the text should probably be a shade darker.

Someone on the staff should probably clarify that feedback is actually appreciated here so that people don't get scared to comment and get ridiculed

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  19. memojuez

memojuez New Member

This is fantastically beautiful. So easy on these old eyes!!

20. Feinraf

Feinraf Developer

Apologies for offending/insulting you. It absolutely wasn't my intention to do so but as has been pointed out to me a couple of times my second message comes across rude.

Nobody should feel like they can't give feedback to the site and I'm sorry if I've made you feel that way. All feedback is welcomed by the staff and all feedback is taken into account for future site decisions too, the whole dark mode came about because of the user demand for it.

Again, please accept my apologies and feel free to DM me if you'd like to talk further, I'm also around on the AP discord, feel free to ping me if you use that!

Fluffs, RascaI, Nicknames and 2 others like this.