Introduce yourself to the Anime-Planet community!

How did you get into anime?

Honestly, my brother got me into anime. Of course, I was interested in it but I was hesitant at first but of family issues really. My first anime was Code Geass! Been watching anime since and I've found a bunch of favorites and a wonderful feeling of being part of the anime community.

What's your favorite genres/styles?

Horror, psychological, shoujo and josei for the most part but if the plot is good and the character design is interesting, I would try it. Though I will say I am not a big fan of harem(reverse harems are cool though), ecchi, slice of life or sci-fi(space wise, cyborgs and stuff like that are cool). For manga, it is much the same though I do like some shounen-ai, I will admit.

What are your recent favorites (anime or manga)?

Pet Shop of Horrors(Manga), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, HunterxHunter, Mononoke, Hellsing Ultimate. I would say those are my current favorites ^^

What are your hobbies? (besides anime!)

Writing fiction, reading(horror/thriller/manga/fanfiction), roleplaying(using amino, fb or discord), doing 5K's, true crime, collecting manga(Got over a hundred titles on my shelf so far)

What's your favorite non-anime movie?

I only watch thrillers and horrors when it comes to non-anime movies but I have not really found a favorite. I watch tv shows even less but I will say I love Criminal Minds.

How did you hear about Anime-Planet?

Just from browsing for anime websites. I have tried MAL but I feel like this site is more organized and less crowded when it comes to visuals. I have also used Kitsu, an app that can track anime and all that. I still use it but I think I will use both sites for my needs.

Extra Fact

My username is a name I have used on most of the sites I am on. It is not anime related though. It is basically a tribute to Sephiroth from Final Fantasy ^^ Just a little fact about my name if you were curious. I dunno. Maybe some don't even care lol Still worth sharing I guess.

Hello everyone I am new here and I am glad to be part of this community and I also think there is lot of things for me to learn and gain some knowledge.

Hey!

When i was a kid, i saw a Les Miserables anime. i just loved it and i started to look other channels for smt like that. And i found pokemon, beyblade, tsubasa ect. but i didnt know that these 'cartoons' are different from others. I learnt 'anime' word and anime world when i was 10. And my first was Bleach.

I can watch everything that makes me excited. I dont like a lot of romance. But if i am interested to the subj i can watch romance anime too.

Last night i finished Yuukoku No Moriarty. It is an amazing anime. I read The Promised Neverland and i am so sad about second season :( soo i am rewatching Gintama and Bleach, i wanna start a lot of animes.

I like reading so much. I currently read Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. I watch tv series and i am a beginner of cross stitching and embroidery.

I have a little comfort list.

I heard from social media.

Hello, I am new here.

A friend recommended me SAO and I've been watching since.

Psychological, Thriller, Isekai.

Hmm.. I'm enjoying One Piece.

I'm a boring person, so not much else. I have recently tried to quit gaming which took a lot of my time.

Really sappy romantic movies, but I don't have a particular favourite.

Reddit.

Hi

My mom never let me watch animated shows when I was younger because she thought it wasn't woman-like. idk... However, around my junior year of high school, it became somewhat popular and I ended up watching an episode of Naruto Shippuden with my older brother. It got me hooked and now I secretlyish watch it.

What are your favorite genres/styles?
Anything with action, adventure, and comedy. If it can make me laugh then I am all for it, as long as it isn't extremely repetitive.

I have quite a few favorites regarding anime. However this past weekend I watched a bit of HxH and Orange. I really liked both.
On the other hand, I actually just finished my first try at manga. I read Painter of the Night. I actually thought it was also pretty good not gonna lie...

I grew up doing competitive cheerleading, and I still do it along with school cheer for my current college. I also enjoy sand volleyball and soccer. If I am not doing that then I am studying.

John Wick

I couldn't think of an anime to watch so I searched "good anime" and found this place

Hello!

I got into the anime scene a little late. I was 19 at the time and in college. Instead of doing an assignment I went on Hulu to look for something to watch. I came across Death Note, thought it looked interesting, and decided to watch it. The rest is history from there.

I'm pretty much open to anything, but if I had to choose I would say action, comedy, and slice of life are probably my top three.

For anime it is Fate/Zero. It just blew me away.
For manga it is Chainsaw Man. I may or may not have read the whole thing in one day lol.

I enjoy gaming, gardening, hiking, listening to music, reading, and watching sports.

Oh tough one. I'd probably have to say Interstellar. Great movie!

I was looking for an alternative to MAL. To be honest things there look pretty toxic. I came across this site and the community here looks nice.

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you, nice to meet you. My current name is SugarWaifu. I am a 22-year old college student. I love long anime because I get to know characters more and get attached to them, so I haven't kept up with popular short anime, but once I finish a certain list (which will be available soon on my profile), I will shift my watching efforts to popular anime.

As 13ish-years old, I had the delusion that I had grown up, so I watched only live-action stuff, but I still watched "cartoons" on the side. I didn't know "anime" was a thing. However, after turning 13ish, Hunter x Hunter (1999) was my first anime because of nostalgia, but it wasn't the reason I got into anime. The reason is that during 2015, there were a lot of memes about One-Punch Man, so I decided to see it. I got in love with it, and decided to watch more. And so, I watched Hunter x Hunter (2011), Death Note, and Seven Deadly Sins. TL;DR: One-Punch Man is the reason I got into anime.

Story or Comedy (for the laughs) are my most important criteria. However, my preferences are usually: mystery, psychology, comedy, murder mystery, shounen (despite some hate from anime community, seinen

A recent favorite, hmm... Well, since COVID school got tougher, so I couldn't watch anime at all, but recently I was able to. So maybe I could say Sailor Moon and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (still at Part 1). For manga, it's Wonderful Cat Kyuu-chan and D-frag!.

Video-Games! I love Persona series (P2:IS, P2:EP, P4G, P5R), DanganRonpa (1, 2, UDG, V3), and Science Adventure Series (S;G, S;G0, C;H, C;C). Non-Jap stuff include Assassins Creed games before Origins (AC2, AC4, Syndicate), Batman Arkham Series (City, Origins, Knight), Deadpool, and Uncharted (1, 2, 3, 4)

That's tough to say. I change my most favorite movie every now and then, but for the moment, I think it's "Léon: The Professional".

Remember the MAL shutdown some years ago? I was searching for an alternative, but was too lazy to create a profile and redo everything. Eventually, MAL returned and I didn't create any anime profile at any other site. However, I have been visiting anime-planet occasionally, and surfing it's tagged characters and anime (without an account).

My uncle has been a fan of anime ever since 2011. His favorite was Naruto and I watched it with him then got attached to it. He also had Naruto posters, text cards or whatever you call those lol. I searched for anime recs on google and found a lot :) then I became an anime fan.

I mostly watch fantasy, psychological, drama, romance, action, horror, comedy, and adventure anime.

My recent favorite anime is Jujutsu Kaisen, and manga is Death Note. I have a lot but that's all I can think of

Playing piano and listening to music.

Japanese movie: Blue, Painful, Fragile
Chinese movie: Fast & Furious Presents
Korean movie: Train to Busan
American movie: Avengers

Idk. If my memory serves me right I was looking for a manga and clicked on Anime Planet

Hey everyone, I'm new here. So I thought I'd drop by and say hi. :)

I was randomly surfing through TV channels when I was younger when I came across one showing Black Butler. I think the art style is what attracted to me anime, though I'm not an artist myself. :P

I like bit of everything, but I'm partial to animes with psychological twists and dark themes. Not sure if that counts as a genre but whatever.

I recently watched Horimiya and it's one of the best romance animes I've watched in a long time.

I love reading and watching true crime documentaries and videos. I also study and work as a content writer part-time and as boring as it sounds, I love both.

I'm not much of a movie person. I'd much rather watch a series for five hours straight than a 2-hour movie. I usually watch kdramas.

I was looking for an app or something to track anime when I came across this website and it seems pretty cool. :)

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Introduce yourself to the community by using the reply box at the bottom of the page. Tell us about yourself! Here's some fun questions to get you started.

Hi! I'm DumaMoyo, which means "Cheetah Heart" in Swahili.

Well, for me it was when I saw and read Fruits basket for the first time! I fell in love with it, and read other manga because of it!
I love romance and fantasy genres.
My all-time favorite is still Fruits Basket, but I also love Nice To Meet You, Lumine, Down to Earth, ect.
I love writing books! I'm hoping to publish one, but I'm not done with it yet. I'm very athletic, so I also do workouts and go on runs!
Probably The Lion King. I love it.
I was trying to figure out how to read Webtoons online for free, when I found Anime-Planet! Though I have no idea how to actually read the mangas. Can someone help me out pls?

Konnichiwa

Let's see... questions to answer for introductions.
I got into manga/anime in the early mid 70s with the simple and badly dubbed (just the way it was then) Speed Racer. Moved on to Battle of the Planets and then the rest is history there.... not much but the usual that was available in the US.

My favorite genres tend to be more towards fantasy, science fiction although adventure, comedy and slice of life I'll watch more than the others.

Recent favorites are Mushishi even though there is not anything new and Natsume Yujjincho, Sailor Moon, and a whole heck of a lot more. I will watch most of all of it. If it has fighting scenes that go on for ten minutes at a time or the plot seems to be nonexistent, I will move on lol.

Mundane hobbies are arts and crafts (xstitch and embroidery I've been stitching 45 years... the real stuff, not machine), I read a ton of books (manga and otherwise... classics, adventure (the the Sigma Force series by Rollins) and science fiction novels, I have my furkids too and they always are first in my mind and my heart.

Favorite non anime movies are science fiction, psychological horror (slasher movies are boring), and adventure. Battleship is a top favorite and awesome as they had real navy veterans firing up the Mighty Mo! And I am a big Disney fan.

Found Anime Planet while doing a short research look again for a continuation of the manga "Inubaka"... wish I could find the rest of the series!!!!!

Predictable? nope. Just a girl who loves anime....

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Introduce yourself to the community by using the reply box at the bottom of the page. Tell us about yourself! Here's some fun questions to get you started.

When I was young I watched many popular anime but as I grew up I gradually stopped watching then few years later again I started watching anime and I still watch that's how I got into anime

Action,mystery,psychology,thriller,romance,comedy,shounen

One piece

Reading manga

Predestination

I was searching manga then I found it by chance

Hi, i'm Eri and im a little new to Anime Planet and I wanted to try out forums so here I go!

I got into anime from watching Pokemon.

I really like shojo, romance, fantasy and slice of life anime.

InuYasha and Fruits Basket.

I like drawing and animating!

Hmmmm.............. Thats a hard question.

I found it on the web while searching for anime characters.

Hello all, I used this site a bit in the past but never tried the forum side so figured i would drop in and say hello, i hope to try some weekly shows too!

I was one of them teens who used the anime DP's everywhere without knowing what they really was other than them being cute. Anyway my friend said to try deathnote... it was amazing and i got hooked. After that i moved into cuter shows like Azumanga and started playing visual novels like Little Busters, it all expanded from there.

I like mystery the most but i am a fan of chilled out shows so maybe comedy and slice of life or general school life stuff (or work life for the few i have seen). Harems are fun too.

Little busters... I haven't seen lots of new anime's recently so i can't comment on them. I loved Kanon though.

Wind surfing, Reading fictional novels, cycling and movies. I am a more "solo" style person, not so introverted as i love outside, i just enjoy time on my own.

Too many to name. I guess anything with Simon Peggs sits well (i bet no one was expecting that!).

I used it a bit in the past, decided to return now because i want to get seriously caught up on anime and this site looks more appealing than the other like sites.

Nice to meet you all . I'm newbie here.
And here i wanna to talk with you guy's

First i really exited to watch amazing story line type things and that's thing anime always give us best nd best so i fall in this and loved to watch anime.

I like to watch comedy, adventure & sci-fi with action.

My favourite anime is death note & dr.stone

My hobbies is gaming most of time i spend with playing games and loving to tour amazing places with friends.

Phir Hera pheri ( full comedy)

[/QUOTE]
First i searching for anime on Google then i know about anime planet and after 6/7 after visiting here i join anime planet.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

My friends actually suggested me to watch anime. It has only one week since I started watching anime and I love it!!

I like thriller and Mystery type idk what it’s called

Hunter x hunter, haikyuu, Devils line

I like to sing and dance

Idk maybe the nerve

My friend suggested!!

Hi I am Fred Babadjanians from Glendale, CA. On my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family and participating in community events.

When I grew up we always had anime, even if we didn’t know it. When I was a kid we watched Astroboy and Kimba the White Lion.

Action

Dragon Ball

video games or surfing the internet

The Matrix

from Google Search

Back