Introduce yourself to the Anime-Planet community!

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Introduce yourself to the community by using the reply box at the bottom of the page. Tell us about yourself! Here's some fun questions to get you started.

How did you get into anime?
Free time

What's your favorite genres/styles?
Romance.

What are your recent favorites (anime or manga)?
Hitman Reborn

What are your hobbies? (besides anime!)
Writing

What's your favorite non-anime movie?
Arrival

How did you hear about Anime-Planet?
Search

Yo, Demiyah here or just call me by my real Name: Vanessa.

Been watching Anime since my childhood - it was still airing on TV back then. So I started with stuff like Digimon, Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Case Closed (Detective Conan) and so on. I kept on watching stuff on my pc at home. The earliest 'real' Anime I remember watching is ElfenLied, Higurashi and Cossette no Shouzou. I probably didnt start with that stuff tho.

I love horror-stuff and/or gorey stuff. Sadly there are barely any really good Anime with that genre, however I still enjoy basically every horror/gore Anime. (Mars of Destruction doesn't count, pls)

1. Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
2. Steins; Gate
3. Psycho Pass
4. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Graphic Design, Video editing and gaming! I'm mainly playing Overwatch atm.

I'm not really a movie person. I'm more of a TV-Show Person. Some of my favorite TV-Shows are The Walking Dead, 13 Reasons Why, The 100, Gaki Tsukai Batsu Games and yeah stuff like that.

I saw someone on myanimelist with a link in the description that said: "Characters I hate" so I clicked on it aaand landed here. Signed up because I can finally like more than 10 Characters.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Introduce yourself to the community by using the reply box at the bottom of the page. Tell us about yourself! Here's some fun questions to get you started.

Hi im new and i got into anime through a friend

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

My girlfriend showed me anime

N/A

Attack on titan, Yuri on ice, sword art online and Tokyo Ghoul

Parkour

Deadpool

How did you hear about Anime-Planet
Just found it

Heyaa! Im Jenn!:baka:
Nice to meet you! I like to be friends so follow me and let's get to know each other:laugh:

When I was young I always watched Pokemon. Not knowing it was anime:crying: But I always liked it...Well 2/3 years back I was just normal reading my newsfeed on facebook and I saw a guy talking about Fairy Tail a lot..So I was curious and went looking what it was..I was interested in it so I started on a night watching one episode..I really liked it so I watched more.. But I came really fast to the end of the anime at that time..So I became kinda sad and stuff cuz I almost finished it.. So yeah I tried to search things that looked like Fairy Tail and I found it and thats where my addicition started :baka:
I like everything.. Some action, or some weird shit I like everything...But mostly I watch anime with boys that look cute or hot or are really romantic hehe:love:

My favorite is Attack on Titan, Always will be tho.. I like how they are and the action and everything haha xD My fav char is Levi he's so badasss:love: I also liked Angel beats and Tokyo Ghoul both made me cry so much:crying:

Eating, sleeping and college for real. not much I can do beside that >.<
Anime when I have time and chill with friends or somth haha:drink:

War horse, Hachi, Max and a dog's purpose, all movie that contains animal in the lead role are great movies :laugh:

I found a girl on a game that likes attack on titan as much as me so we started talking..She asked how many anime I watched so I was like yeah idk mention some.. then she told me about anime-planet that it keeps track of what you already watched and then I thought oh damn thats really amazing and here I am:smile:

Last edited:
Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Recomendation.

action, romance and fantasy

one punch man and one piece

football or soccer

Exodus

recomendation

How did you get into anime? Fist of the North Star on Showtime Beyond.

What's your favorite genres/styles? Comedies

What are your recent favorites (anime or manga)? Gabriel Dropout,Dragon Maid

What are your hobbies? (besides anime!)Music (I am a drummer)

What's your favorite non-anime movie? Police Academy

How did you hear about Anime-Planet? Search results . I am looking for an answer to this question Why is Idolmaster:cinderella Girls Theater split-three skits in T.V. episode and the fourth skit seperate as a Webcast?

Last edited:
Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Not very interesting but ok

Not sure to be honest, I think it was when I started watching Pokémon when I was like 7 or something and since then I liked it but had to wait until I was older to watch more stuff.

I would say horror, adventure kinda like Tokyo Ghoul.

Kill La Kill, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Guren Lagann

Reading Fantasy books, playing games

Warm Bodies

I didnt hear about it, I was scouring through the internet to look for a site that I can watch anime and this sit intruged me so I went on it and here I am.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

I got into anime by watching Sailor Moon It was my first anime and then I started to watch Peach girl , with that I knew that I really did like anime.

My favorite genres are yaoi well I watch whatever anime that seems good and that I like.

My favorite anime is Owari no seraph . My favorite manga is Koi nanka shitakunai.

What are your hobbies? (besides anime!) My hobbies are running or reading books about history and science .

How did you hear about Anime-Planet? I didn't hear about it I found it. I was searching for a manga and I can here like it has a lot of amines I like why not try it.

Hello, I actually created this account 8 years ago, but somehow completely forgot about it.

Hard to say. I started watching Pokemon in late elementary school when it first got popular. In middle school I got into Dragon Ball/Z and Trigun. It wasn't until my senior year of high school where I really started getting interested in watching more series like Ouran High School Host Club and Death Note.

Admittedly the kind I watch the most is Shonen. But I really like to watch music series.

Recent? Rose of Versailles, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012 series).

I also like watching American animation. I like playing the oboe (alongside the bassoon, and other woodwinds I have) for fun but also school and band. I'm learning to record, as that's what inspired me to start (with the oboe, I played the bassoon for nearly a decade before, and was in band for years before that lol). Otherwise I like taking photography and music history.

TBH, I don't really have a favorite movie anime or not.

I'm afraid I can't remember. It's been eight years.

Last edited:
Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Friends

Action

Dragon ball z
Video games

Deadpool

Friends

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Well, my best friends told me to watch anime so when I started it, i just loved it!

My favorite genre is seinen, i think

What are your recent favorites (anime or manga)? My favorite anime right now is noragami and my favorite manga is TGR

I play the violin and the piano.

What's your favorite non-anime movie? Harry Potter series!

My best friends!

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

I'm in my early thirties and live in Western Massachusetts, USA. I used to work in politics, but had to resign due to health issues. I do very short reviews/recommendations and hope that people will check them out on my profile and find them useful (they're apparently too short to appear publicly due to the new rules); I like helping others discover new shows.

When I was in middle school, Cartoon Network started airing Dragon Ball Z and I got really into it. My brother had gotten into anime before me and been purchasing a few shows through the mail so I was able to see a bit beyond what Cartoon Network had aired (the voice actor change sucked!) My brother introduced me to The Irresponsible Captain Tyler and since then I've been a fan. I watched stuff on and off for a few years, but go really into it again maybe two years ago after watching Sword Art Online. I moved on to Log Horizon and then on and on finding at least one quality show in almost every genre.

While DBZ was my intro to anime, shows similar to it aren't really what I'm interested in. I enjoy military themes as well as absurd comedies, but am willing to give most things a shot. I learned that there is no such thing as a bad idea, only poor execution. There are a lot of shows that sound awful when you try and imagine how the creator pitched it (Aquateen Hunger Force? Rick and Morty?), but are fantastic.

I also prefer the animation style that has become common since the mid 2000s.

Recently, I've really enjoyed:

Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, and Alderamin on the Sky.

I read a lot of fantasy/sci fi books, write a bit, follow Massachusetts sports teams, spend some time on my PS4, watch a lot of Netflix, and keep involved in politics.

I'll list a couple: Mclintock!, Super Troopers, Gettysburg, and Newsies.

I was googling recommendations for anime and came across this site, the ability to keep track of anime in a manner similar to the GoodReads site I used for books was very appealing. I also discovered rival sites, but this one had the most attractive layout.

Hello Anime Planet!
So I've been using this site for a while now but finally decided to come onto the forums~

A friend at school showed me this crazy anime called Bleach (maybe you've heard of it~) but for me who loves cartoons, I didn't even know what the word anime meant at the time then decided to give it go. Thus my passion for anime was bloomed.

Adventure - since practically anything can be defined as an adventure I would say the long journey/traveling/exploring type things.
Mystery/supernatural - I've always been a nerd for ghosts, ghouls, werewolves and vampires (you get the picture)

Recently I've been watching a lot of the studio Gibli movies - Princess Mononoke
TV shows wise definitely - Overload (I just need that fix which is the second season~)

I have a great many which include: playing guitar, sketching (use to be better :crying:), programming, reading books, poker and fitness.

Cartoons have always been my passion (I kind of count anime as part cartoons) but for me films like:
*The Road to El Dorado (The film that made me love adventure and inspired me to draw up new worlds to have adventures in)

I was looking for new anime and found a neat place to sort through them :smile:.

I hope to meet many of you and talk about anime until there is nothing to talk about (which would be never!)
Peace!

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

My siblings are into anime It's in the blood. I guess

Comedy, Slice of Life, Fantasy, Action and Adventure

My all time favorite is Pandora Hearts but recently I've been fond of Kanna from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

I love singing and I write short poems.

Jupiter Ascending.. for now

My Bapbap introduce this to me

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

animax, maid sama

rom com i guess

kamisama hajimemashita kako hen

sleeping, eating, resting, dreaming, daydreaming, games, law of attraction, abraham hicks, eckhart tolle

How did you hear about Anime-Planet?internet.
internet

I
Welcome to Anime-Planet!

The art and the character's expression

High School Romance

anime: Free!/ Eternal Summer OVA

Reading/Writing stories and poems/Watching youtube
and Drawing(but I'm bad at it so..yea)

I don't have one..

Heard my friends talking about it!

Hi, I am new here,

I don't remember exactly but I know that I always liked too draw anime in the beginning. Later I thought that it would be fun too watch the old anime series like Pokemon and then I got some anime movies to know too.

Well, I love fantasy a lot but I like something like "Free" and romance too. But I do also like to watch other then that...

"Free" and "Blue exorcist" is one of my favourites. I just finished
Blue exorcist 2 and I loved it. Free is also great.

I like to read fantasy books and draw anime characters........it has been a long time since I have been drawing. Most of all I read fantasy books.

I have many. One of my old favourites is Harry Potter and Tuck everlasting. I do also like Fantastic beasts and where to find them. The most recent movie is Before I fall. I also love Vampire academy and Narnia..... and many, many others.

How did you hear about Anime-planet?

Well, I saw a video in YouTube where two YouTubers mentioned Anime-planet and I got very curious about it and thought that it sounded very interesting.

Back