Interspecies Reviewers

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Damias, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Episode 4

There's a fine line between Borderline H and actual Hentai, and this show likes to use it as a jumprope.

The start of the show was so well-timed due to the Funi shitstorm I couldn't help but laugh my ass.

That said, the low-level succubus' fuck pit was like the Dark Souls of brothels in which the last dick man standing wins and those overconfident chumps got destroyed hard. Btw, I didn't expect to see succubus that were so sex-crazed they'd sploosh all over the window at the prospect of getting someone to fuck until they pass out.

The salamander grill girl was quite hot too (pun unintended, I swear) and kudos to the people behind this show to be able to skirt around the censorship with that meat outline. Talking about censorship, that bit with Meidri bathing that was meant to "censor" the sausage action was quite cute imo.

Sexy fun aside, I liked the bits of world-building in this episode. We got to know more about the world as well as see Zel and stunk doing some actual adventuring.

I think at this point it might be a tad too much for them. I mean, it's not as explicit as ep3 but it still wasn't "for the faint of heart".

randomredneck, NekoYesEcchi and Turky like this.
  2. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Feb 2, 2020
    This honestly is basically the level of Valkyrie Drive Mermaid though, and that's still on there.

NekoYesEcchi, Turky and Nicknames like this.
  3. Nicknames

I bet they kinda forgot about that show xD

NekoYesEcchi and Turky like this.
  4. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 4:

Man, no media has ever been able to convince me that food plus sex is actually a sexy combination. I might have been scarred for life because I saw the refrigerator scene from 9 1/2 Weeks at too young of an age, but even then I just don't think grilled meat is ever going to be sexy. Not even if it's a salamander squirting beef fat.

The fuck kind of sentences is this show even making me write?

[​IMG]
    Those aren't hands. They're catcher's mitts.

5. Demonskid

Demonskid Well-Known Member

xD So happy I'm not the only one who thought that!

6. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 4:
    Combining body sushi and yakinuki is pretty damn creative I gotta say.

Also, Natsumi Takamori is very much at home here given her "beefy" eroge resume.

7. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Posted by Turky on Feb 2, 2020

This is not a drill. This is an absolute emergency. Never before in my life have I had such a disaster. There's... oh god. There's vomit everywhere. I couldn't hold it back, I had just eaten pizza, and... oh god. It was just too much. Oh jesus. It's everywhere. Vomit on my computer chair. Vomit on my floor. Vomit on my desk. Vomit on my walls. They're coated. Absolutely coated. The stench. It's agonizing. My clothes are ruined. I might have to burn them. This will never come out of my carpet. Never. Not after a million bottles of bleach. It's filled my entire trash can. Buckets of it. I felt it coming on, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

There I was, staring at a salamander-themed chick making bacon using only her flaming coochie juice. That was it. My death sentence. I could feel it bubbling up inside of me at speeds unheard of by man. The legendary projectile vomit that escaped my gaping mouth, full of bits of meat and undigested pizza cheeses. The horror. The sheer force sent me rocketing back across the room. My computer completely shattered. My desk lamp all but was incinerated. Never before has such a fantastical supernatural level of spew ever been recorded in human history. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm a record setter.

8. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Gochisousama...

[​IMG]

9. Gozza

Gozza Well-Known Member

Posted by Gozza on Feb 2, 2020
    I thought I was checking out the Dorohedoro thread with all the food talk. But I guess there are some similarities between the two shows, the most fragile-looking characters get roughed up the most.

Nicknames and Turky like this.
  10. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 4.
    Those three boneheads are true heroes. Wading wang first into a hentai scene that looks like Clive Barker wrote it and almost getting literally fucked to death. Truly making great sacrifices for their craft.

The second bit...eh. The whole eating food off people thing never appealed to me. Seems unsanitary. Also, I love that the show hit its limit with her getting it from both ends with a hot dog. I bout cracked up when they cut to bird girl in the water. Reminded me of that Relax-O-Vision gag Freakazoid did. Good stuff.

And much like this show, it was unashamed smut with a total bop for an ED.

ZetsubouKaiji, Nicknames and Turky like this.
  11. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Someone took the term "beef curtains" literally I see
    [​IMG]

12. Nicknames

Only Funi cancelled it. It's still being aired in Japan

BrainBlow, ZetsubouKaiji and Turky like this.
  13. QueenHydra20

QueenHydra20 New Member

Why does this anime have 4 out of 5 stars? Are people watching this with their eyes closed or something?

14. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

It doesnt?
    At time of posting it has a 3.794

NekoYesEcchi likes this.
  15. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Feb 6, 2020
    Because the people watching are people who watch ''ecchi'' and this is probably one of the best primarily ''ecchi'' shows in existence. There's very few good shows that are ''ecchi'' first and foremost and another genre second. ( In this case comedy )

It's not meant to have mass appeal but catering the a specific audience very well means everyone that's watching this would give it a high score because it's exactly what it says on the tin and good for it.

16. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

You might want to look at MAL, which currently has this series ranked at #4 because some cringey ironic weeb youtuber told them to flood the site with 10s.

17. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Seriously? Was it because the show got pulled?
    [​IMG]

ZetsubouKaiji, Turky and g3data like this.
  18. QueenHydra20

QueenHydra20 New Member

It doesn't look like it's meant to have any kind of appeal. PERIOD.

Turky likes this.
  19. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

This is a pretty egocentric way of looking at it. You don't seem to understand the idea of "niche appeal", of which there is a lot.

Such is the way of the normie.

20. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Feb 6, 2020
    The "Stop liking what I don't like!" is strong with this one.

Seriously, just because something doesn't cater to you doesn't mean it lacks merit.
    I don't watch most most abusive reverse harem shows but I know some girls like those.
    Some people enjoyed 50 shades of grey even! That show to me has literally no saving graces.

I've seen the video. There's a apparently a bunch of new MAL accounts trickling in that rate this anime 0/10 some without even watching an episode of it just to get the score down.

Or a bunch of accounts that have never watched ecchi before that apparently downvoted this too so he called his fanbase to upvote the anime.

Mostly because he thinks it's one of the best of the season, can't really disagree with that.

I kinda disagree with making people who have never watched this upvote it but on the other hand, most downvotes are fake downvotes as well, so it's basically... whatever.

He's the kinda guy to enjoy this kinda thing.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020