I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss

watched the first episode, really cute. imo it's clear 'wish fulfillment' genre of anime, but not one that actually gets made a lot. and anyway, the ML is very cute, kinda gentle tsundere archetype I enjoy and the FL is very interesting and determined. FL is nice, because she's not cardboard like some, she has an atmosphere to her, a kind of haughtiness that I like.

I don't really go into these discussions much when new titles drop, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed the first episode. For people who say that this is a rip-off of "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!": This is pretty much the framework for villainess isekai stories. As of right now, I've been reading or have read a little over 50 villainess stories, so I'd like to think I have a bit more knowledge compared to others who don't focus on the niche-growing genre. Now that that's outta the way, here are my thoughts (without reading the OG content):

The first episode was generic and simple-- but in a good, refreshing way to me. It wasn't overly complicated and the humor felt realistic and not forced. Aileen is a gem in my eyes and she has a level of self-control that I admire. Her response to Cedric's decision to end their connections publicly was well executed and straight to the point, "I loved you once, but I'll move on" type of response. As an Otome player, I can understand how difficult that might be to see the character you've grown fond of-- a character you admire, just become nonexistent. Grieving over a living person and the death of who they used to be to you is incredibly real. We only get brief glimpses of her social life, her family, and her desires, but I believe that those will be at the forefront in the next few episodes. It's still too early to tell if this series will be a good one, but the first episode gives me a semblance of hope after laughing through about half of it.

Thank-you! "my next life as the villainous" was just the first in what will be a very saturated line of otome isekai anime, I have no idea who the first light novel was but I'm pretty sure Catrina wasn't the first villain-turned hero of an otome game.

Anywho, Aileen is a surprisingly captivating MC, the flirting is hawt, and the magic is fun. Also, the script got me to laugh? Yeah, I'll continue to spare 23 minutes a week with this one.

liked it a lot, just got kinda confused on her isekai dinamic. Did she became a blend of both personalities? it seems there is little on her non otome persona other them the game's memories.

liked it a lot, just got kinda confused on her isekai dinamic. Did she became a blend of both personalities? it seems there is little on her non otome persona other them the game's memories.
If I remember right Episode 1 explained it as her past life memories returned as soon as Cedric broke the engagement.

If I remember right Episode 1 explained it as her past life memories returned as soon as Cedric broke the engagement.

yeah but it doesnt seem to be a complete return, she has holes in it, her flashbacks are mostly from the villaness past and those are the ones who are making most impact on her feelings and choices until now. character development is being made on top of the villaness past not the sick girl from the beggining.

on other hand her morals clearly shifted a bit and she is not bent on being a bitch, this position fell on the prince's lap.

it really seems she is actually nor the character nor the isekai girl but both. But its not enterely clear. Maybe its better explained in the source material

The show is doing everything it can to make the prince despicable. I thought episode 4 makes a satisfying ending to the story but it seems like it’s only just begun.
And the manga (which is based on the original light novel) only covered that first arc. Go figure.

Yeah, this blond blue-eyed prince sucks while the one from Bibliophile Princess is the ideal love interest. As usual the Aileen and Claude moments were so cute here, and heartwarming.

Surprised how quick what I thought would be the central plot was resolved. In a good way, we've got a lot of episodes to continue, and it didn't feel rushed, so I'm always happy. Only thing I dislike so far is how 1-dimensional Cedric and Lilia are. Like, Lilia knows what's going to happen and so her "I didn't want to do this" fall on deaf ears. Cedric is just a comic book villain. Trying to rape her was just the icing on the evil cake.

Also, I'm the main character, not you. Bliss. Aileen knows Lilia's also reincarnated. A super fun episode, and I'm not looking for redemption or anything of Cedric, just want him to be a bit more than a cartoon villain (well... he is a villain in a cartoon... fuck).

Damn okay Cedric and Lilia.
You know you're not the good guys when you need to put trigger warnings in your plan.

Also, I'm the main character, not you. Bliss.

Bliss, indeed!

Also, "but don't you think this is going to make our life as husband and wife difficult?" *Mwah*

Oh and last but not least?
"I have no interest in the throne" 1 line of dialogue later: "I will become emperor."

I freaking love that Aileen can still throw shade. Apprently all I wanted from these otome isekais is a good-bad bitch.

I'm getting a wish-fulfillment kick (of a good time) hating Cedric. And who couldn't love Claude?

P.S. I have no idea what happens next.

Is Keith gonna betray him??? :crying:

Loved the expressions Cedric made, that one scene was uncomfortable as hell though. Glad Cedric got some karma.

This show has the best OP song of the season. One of the rare intros I don't fast forward through. ❤️

its a damm happy song.

i find it funny to see the vilaness in such a cute OP.

ahh now it makes more sense, the plot will follow multiple games. Still the last ep couldve been a little less rushed.

I'm fairly certain the full title of the show is "I Can't Believe I Reincarnated as a Villainess Into a World Where the Demon Lord is a Bottom".

well this is an interesting twist. independent female gets pushed into a video game and takes the villainess into the same role. at least she isn't weak like they do with some female leading roles. rather enjoying the bright colors and details.

They're basically married already. That was quick.
I like the show so far. It's very sweet, but not in an annoying way. And I'm glad it's not a harem, like Bakarina's tale.

When will people finally realise Jun Fukuyama is the best VA of them all? I swear he uses a different voice for every character.

Back