I'm here for the gay (the LGBTQ+ anime/manga discussion thread)

BL or GL?

• Total voters
tenor.gif

New PV for Vlad Love:

This looks like the most 80s shit ever and pretty well animated. Fuck it man, I'm genuinely looking forward to this. I could go for some over the top whacky fun, GL + explosions.

Girl's love rom coms don't really exist as far as I know in anime.

At first I was expecting it to be GL bait wiht little substance, now I'm legit interested. It'd be interesting if it becomes the new Flip Flappers (minus the flopping sales)

At first I was expecting it to be GL bait wiht little substance, now I'm legit interested. It'd be interesting if it becomes the new Flip Flappers (minus the flopping sales)

I think Mamoru Oshii can do comedy pretty damn well too honestly even though people know him as the philosophical guy. Patlabor was pretty funny.

Seven Seas licensed Asumiko Nakamura's yuri series Mejirobana no Saku for release in January (https://sevenseasentertainment.com/...e-of-a-white-rose-in-bloom-yuri-manga-series/) and I am stoked. I'm not in love with the high school aspect, but I am in love with Asumiko Nakamura's work generally speaking, so I'll take it. Beautiful noodle lesbians!

Of course, it's still just at one vol in Japan right now, so it'll be a slow release, but that's okay.

Seven Seas licensed Asumiko Nakamura's yuri series Mejirobana no Saku for release in January (https://sevenseasentertainment.com/...e-of-a-white-rose-in-bloom-yuri-manga-series/) and I am stoked. I'm not in love with the high school aspect, but I am in love with Asumiko Nakamura's work generally speaking, so I'll take it. Beautiful noodle lesbians!

Of course, it's still just at one vol in Japan right now, so it'll be a slow release, but that's okay.

Wait, I thought they just did boys love, they do GL too? Awesome, Doukyusei was such a good time.

Niiice. This could be good.

Wait, I thought they just did boys love, they do GL too? Awesome, Doukyusei was such a good time.

She's way prolific and does a lot of stuff besides bl (though yeah, that is the bulk of her work, esp the older stuff) - this is her first yuri series afaik, but two of the stories in Maiden Railways have a lesbian couple too. Bless her versatility.

I see Frickfrack Time is getting raitings, so I guess that's out. I'm not really all that excited about yet another GL with high schoolers (and the overall rating isn't helping), but I might watch it eventually. Nothing interesting on the BL front lately either (but if you're not watching this pearl, you should). Did anyone stumble upon anything worth mentioning recently (good or bad)? Ishuzoku Reviewers that I'm currently watching ... does have lesbians (unfortunately) and Crim (luckily). Would not recommend it for the gay crowd with its blatant homophobia, though.

Back