If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord

Eh, it'll be fine. No way another show would be stupid enough to go the Bunny Drop route...I hope.

Barring a timeskip I don't think the anime will make it that far. Latina's still far too smol for it. Disclaimer: have not watched Usagi Drop, but have read Kojika

I think someone updated the episode count a little early. Episode 10 ain't out yet.
Episode 10 was given an early viewing at the CR Expo on Sunday (September 1st), we updated it in line with that. A note was added to the entry a day afterwards and i've just taken said note down as episode 10 has now released on Japanese TV and we have no need to leave it up.

Episode 10.
Did they really have to stop off in Furry Town again? That little brat wolf thing was annoying enough the first time.

Episode 10.
Did they really have to stop off in Furry Town again? That little brat wolf thing was annoying enough the first time.

At least it was brief. I think Maya exists purely as a counterpoint to Latina's unwaveringly good behavior, to remind us kids are troublesome, and to make us thankful Latina is such a good girl.

So I spoiled the light novel for myself and from the amazon descriptions, I'm assuming the anime goes till the third volume.
“I’ve never thought of you as a replacement for my father.”

After Latina tells him about her real feelings on the night of the Ahmar festival, Dale is driven into a deep depression by his beloved daughter's "rebellious phase." It takes a talk with his "big bro" Kenneth for him to see what her words really mean... but how will he respond?
To make matters even more complicated, Latina receives a confession of love from Rudolph, her childhood friend. Love is hard, but this is getting out of hand!
Whatever happens, though, one thing is sure: the relationship between guardian and adoptive daughter is going to change in a big way, and there's no turning back.

Honestly I saw this coming miles away. There were so many red flags and it seems like the stories carries on like this from volume 4 till 8. Definitely won't ever be watching if S2 ever comes around. How does stuff like this even get popular? It's borderline pedophilia.

Episode 11.
Latina and kitties. Now that's cute.
As was little bird wolf threatening to rat on dad bird wolf to mom bird wolf.

This series was one that I had high hopes for, but unfortunately it failed to live up to the promising start. While I enjoy slice of life shows and cute kids doing cute things, this was a show that I felt could have been so much more. There were so many deeper story arcs hinted at in the show that I wanted to see but sadly remained unexplored or underdeveloped, including but not limited to:

• Dale literally slaughtering other devils while he's out adventuring (and if him raising a devil girl would give him pause while doing so)
  • How Dale became so powerful/feared as an adventurer
  • Latina's devil heritage/family
  • The fallout of the devil-hating teacher and if there are others in the temple/religion who want to harm Latina, etc.

Instead, we got anime about an (admittedly) adorable devil young girl who is unhealthily obsessed with the man who saved and raised her, who in turn is so fixated on this girl's cuteness that you can't help but cringe at every other sentence out of his mouth. The few times Latina is exposed to bigotry or the threat of harm she is almost immediately saved and seems to forget about it within two to three scenes. And let's not even get into the implications of Latina's 10-minute tirade about wanting to get older sooner in this last episode.

Overall, the series had hints of a compelling story, but ultimately is a forgettable fantasy/slice-of-life that could have been much, much more. 2/5

I wanted cute, I got cute. Whatever the light novel might do, the anime is cute and wholesome. Now if only it had more of Ba-chan and less of Dale.

Yes, the anime could've gone to some more interesting places, explored some deeper themes, but given the ferociously average writing, it's probably better for not doing so. Few things are worse than a show trying to be something that it's not, so I can respect a show for remaining true to what it is.

Sweet and wholesome show but nothing really special. Still, it gave me cuteness and warm fuzzies every week. Though I'm terrified of the source material because I heard some really...bad things.

3 out of 5.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm where is Latina's vubran PINK HAIR? hmm?
anyway depsite that one thing i couldn't stop gushing at the adorableness that is this anime. now on to finish the manga lol <4

Here for an EDS/ABC groupwatch:

Starting out, I do know the light novels conclusion but have it on good authority that the anime does not go into those things, so I will be focusing only on what the anime gives us. So when I say something is cute, I mean its cute here, not in the OG source material.

There was no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't have kept her. She's a sweet little thing and very smart!

And now she has friends, its so wholesome! That scene in the beginning with the male demon made me kinda emotional. Rainbows are an important visual phenomenon for her and they were the reason she got separated this episode. But also... without that happening she wouldn't have a group of kids her age to support her and help her see her uniqueness.

Going off of episode 1, Latina is more capable than I was at age 7. The customers of the tavern are smitten with her, I kinda wonder if they come for her now more than anything. It was odd but welcome to hear Dale say he won' hesitate to kill even demons during his quests. A bit sad because there are obviously good ones out there but to be fair he is only going after the ones causing problems and not the entire race. Was shocking to see him actual cut down the demon lady, usually it just pans away as you here the battle end. This show toes the line between different tones it wants to have, in my opinion, but its not messy or bad for it.

This was a much darker episode than I expected. The zealot of a teacher, the assault and subsequent internal crisis it caused Latina, and the fear that she might die for the adults in her life, it was just a lot. I really didn't expect it since so far the show has been fairly lighthearted. The teacher's backstory did make me understand her side a bit better but there is professionalism you have to have as a teacher. Have a meeting with the guardian and the demon child if you are concerned that she is a danger, but don't harm a student and propagate hate.

I'm glad we got a third girl in the friend group. The way the show introduced Sylvia made me think she was going to be a mean girl, who ended up bullying Latina instead of the teacher. VERY glad she is a companion instead. And her dad is a kind man too, immediately recognizing the threat of the two men and getting them away from Latina. Without all these good people in her life, she would be exploited in so many ways, poor girl.

The only negative I have about the show is that there are constant time jumps that are mentioned offhandedly and then the show carries on. Latina looked a bit older than 8 during her reveal in this episode so thats why the time hops throw me off a little. The rest of the episode, especailly compared to Dale, she looks normal age.

Last edited:
Learning about the other demon lords and nations was some good world building that we needed in the anime. I also am just very invested in learning about Rag and the bond he had with Latina. It was very sweet to see how much he cared about her, even with the prophecy she had.

Seems like Dale's family are a bunch of pranksters at his expense, and despite the goading, they truly love him. Latina keeps having powers we never knew about come to light. I think at a certain point she will just be OP.

Todays plot is just: Dale being overprotective part 9. Love the caution for his adopted daughter but he sometimes gets a bit overzealous. Was surprised the soaring wolf talked, but its a fantasy show so I shouldn't have been lol.

I see the parallel between Maya and Latina and Latina and Dale from the beginning of the show. I feel so sorry for the dad who has to get the aftermath of the separation anxiety.

This is probably one of my favorite episodes just for the beginning where Chloe and the other kids met back up. Latina has made a lot of friends over the course of the show but these are my favorites. I especially love how Rudy made the necklace out of Latina's horn as a way for Chloe to have when shes away from her. Also poor Dale probably has no money ever after always splurging on her, even for things she says she doesn't even need.

Its nice that the show clarified Dale and Helmine's relationship but I do wish they had used her for more than cheap jealousy fodder for the two main characters. It was really unnecessary to treat her as an actual love threat, I hate that they still left that in the show since its the main reason I didn't want to watch this show. I lose respect for Dale for his role in it, Latina is still young so she's less culpable.

The show really hinted at what the light novel was inching towards and it was a little uncomfortable for me to watch honestly. It was a good show, and would have been much better if there wasn't that creepy through-line.

Posting for The Eleven Deadly Sins Challenge sinwatch
Watched English Dubbed
Episode 1
treatment of the language was ehhhh k-ish. The lines competed for ear attention and my retention was poor.

I like the name Rag.

He does not look 18 to me.

Violent abuse of soap. yeah don't show a nude child and don't waste resources. He became an adventurer to stay afloat so he should not be overly generous. A simple lather will suffice.

Episode 2
I paused to make mashed potatoes.

Standing ovation for the rainbow art.

Episode 3

pooper she's picked up the human language so well she's lost some appeal.

Watched English Subbed
Episode 4
Japanese voice actress for Latina is not as pleasing to my ears as the English voice actress.

Employers really thought it would go unnoticed if they hired a bigimist? They should all be out of a job.

.... was too slow for my taste. That teacher was Ms. Trunchbulling.

Episode 5
I wanna watch the canine story.
The interspecies father daughter bonding has become irksome.

Episode 6
another time jump >> school is pushed aside for a summer trip.
Was school brought up soley to have a victim of demon/devil acts attempt to brainwash kids?
I think the answer is yes.
Grave visit for the first time and no offers brought along. Poor planning and not as much thought as I would like.
Taking a break from this. Its quality keeps dropping.

Watched English Dubbed
Episode 7
Conversation flow was poorly written and edited for the demon/devil exposion.

Episode 8
if your parents teasing bothers you that much and you have constantly asked them to stop and they refuse, stop visiting them.
Kill, torment or avoid toxic people. Don't allow yourself to be a continued victim.

Episode 9

TERRY I am thinking of you.

Watched English Subbed
Episode 10
Rudy is adorable.

Episode 11

Peeling those taters again. Considered pausing to make some mashed but I already had a pizza.
buys an outfit Latina can't wear often. Yeah that's wasteful.

Episode 12
Disturbing and disgusting content for the most part.

why should a previous girlfriend of Dale's being present make him think it is not okay to hug Latina?
No good reason.
Why does Dale feel the need to ask Kenneth and Rita to look over Latina when they've been doing just that - and aside frome one market trip - with gusto and watchful eyes.
No logical reason.
Latina's zealous for repeating how she wants to grow up and have unrealistic mammary glands is offensive and derogatory,

Severe value drop.

Overall Thoughts
I like Latina better without the bows.

Did not care for the little girlfriend comments.

There should have been some issues with the hospital treating Latina.

I dislike that they kept secrets just cause "the reveals" are go-to plot points. The dramatic tension of when's it gonna happen has merit but the way it was used here was exhausting. Every time they referenced them I sighed.

Nope, nope, nope did not like the finger snap change from can I be a parent? to you have to have my permission to compliment my adoptive daughter.

Dale's parents need more than a slap in the face.
Their routine of insulting their eldest and brushing him off for "being sensitive" to their critism ticks me off.​

I dislike using "strange" to describe/expain other cultural customs. Just because something is different that dies not mean it is strange.

Some people are drawn to canines and some to felines and vice vera. It saddens me that Latina's scent attracts one species and repels another. Lile those with pet allergies I feel horrible that they want to be near fluffballs but have adverse reactions when they do.
Disturbing genderism and sexism in this.

Last edited:
Here for the EDS groupwatch.

I liked this show a lot. There were some things that I didn't like, but overall it was very wholesome. I didn't like when people were saying that Latina is Dale's girlfriend, I didn't like the first interactions between Dale and his family and I didn't like that Latina was qorried about the size of her chest in the last episode. I don't know anything about the light novel this anime is based on, and judging by what other people have said I don't want to get to know anything about the light novel.

I give this anime 4.5/5 stars.

Back