Identify the anime thread

POLL

• Total voters
That's pretty super-vague. Is it an older animation style? Would you think it was something aired in the 80's, 90's, or 00's? Fate/Stay Night was set in a modern period with fantasy themes, is it similar to this or closer to something like Claymore which is set in a medieval/fantasy setting? Any further thoughts would help tons..
egzacly

img.png
img.gif

To be honest I've no details. Found this recently. Google Reverse Image, TinEye, SauceNao came up blank.
I love the ominous presence. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Alexander Anderson (Hellsing)

I tried to find a very old anime in this site I couldn't seem to find it via browse with tag. I couldn't remember its name cus I was really like 6 or 7 years old when I watched it. I assumed that the anime must be around 1990-2003 for sure. the only thing I could remember about this anime are

Setting
1.Magic School theme
2.have mermaid and human relationship as side characters
3.ML is human who can use magic
4.FL is a spirt that haunts doll accidentally summoned by ML

Plots

1. she sacrificed herself to help ML who fell from the building during his battle with an old guy.
2.the style is quite casual, comedy and fantasy but ends with tragedy that ML and FL didn't end up together

I'm so sorry I couldn't remember much about appearance or names about this anime.

What you saw was this one.

The characters aren't tagged properly, that's why you weren't able to find them via browsing. E.g. this is the wooden doll possessed by the summoned spirit.

So I didn't watch any mecha anime, except my avatar there... Coworker asked me if I knew a mecha anime in which they pilot giant robots, and fight plant monsters? That's all he could remember, apparently it's really old.

I am looking for an anime that I feel is a romcom as it is about a boy who is very picky and wants to find the perfect girl. He has wishes about how she should look, the only one I remember is that her tits were shaped like the tip of a rocket. He moves into a community where he finds many girls with only 1 of his wishes per girl. one has a nose, mouth, height, tits. I have tried searching for tags such as harem, romance, comedy. but can't find anime.

Most probably Manhwa.

A rich man gets into a car accident but is saved by a girl they start living together & girl helps him to recover his eye injury. After a year when he recovers his eyes the girl disappears before he can see her.

After that he desperately tries to find her (His Love), & when he finds her she denies to identify him even though she knows that he is the one she saved & fell in love with.

+ All the pages were in color.

Most probably Manhwa.

A rich man gets into a car accident but is saved by a girl they start living together & girl helps him to recover his eye injury. After a year when he recovers his eyes the girl disappears before he can see her.

After that he desperately tries to find her (His Love), & when he finds her she denies to identify him even though she knows that he is the one she saved & fell in love with.

+ All the pages were in color.
I can't think of anything but See, Hear, Love, but I only read it once about 7 years ago, so my memory is pretty hazy.

hey so im trying to find an anime but i dont remember much.

- it most likely came out around 2010

- it involved 3-4 high school girls that were friends

- the friends had just bought matching friendship bracelets (or maybe necklaces)

- im pretty sure they end up fighting and one of them ends up losing her bracelet on a road, she goes back to get it but gets hit by a car and dies
i rember a voacloid music video with a similar premise , i think they had a bracelet with a charm on it . i learned about it in a top (_) most depressing / sad volcloid songs list on YouTube . i can't rember the name of the song though , maybe they are the same one ?

Can someone recommend where protagonist is younger adult 21+.Reference are Psychic detective yakumo, wolf's rain, mushishi, etc., where anime character is self sufficient in itself.

Hello!
I am searching for an 'anime' show from a while ago. It was about people investigating murders or something of that sort. I remember it was very gruesome and dark. There was a scene where a girl gets murdered in a very ghoulish way (I think all her limbs were cut off and her eyes gouged out among other things? Not 100% sure). I think she was another character's sister(?) It was so disturbing to watch I had to drop the whole thing at that point. Now that I am older and can handle such things better I want to give it another try because I am curious how it all ended. It would of been around 2016ish when I was in middle school but the show itself may be older. I thank you.

Last edited:
Hello!
I am searching for an 'anime' show from a while ago. It was about people investigating murders or something of that sort. I remember it was very gruesome and dark. There was a scene where a girl gets murdered in a very ghoulish way (I think all her limbs were cut off and her eyes gouged out among other things? Not 100% sure). I think she was another character's sister(?) It was so disturbing to watch I had to drop the whole thing at that point. Now that I am older and can handle such things better I want to give it another try because I am curious how it all ended. It would of been around 2016ish when I was in middle school but the show itself may be older. I thank you.
So I tried going through the horror+mystery tags, and this is all I could think of, since I'm not into disturbing stuff... Hopefully one of these rings a bell.
Shiki
Higurashi: When they Cry
Blood-C
Wicked City
Another
Demon Prince Tenma
Tokyo Ghoul (Though I have a funny feeling it's not this one, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.)

Last edited:
So I didn't watch any mecha anime, except my avatar there... Coworker asked me if I knew a mecha anime in which they pilot giant robots, and fight plant monsters? That's all he could remember, apparently it's really old.
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?
It's not in the Anime Planet database, but I did a Google search of "Old Mecha fighting plants." And it came up. It's from 1985.

So I tried going through the horror+mystery tags, and this is all I could think of, since I'm not into disturbing stuff... Hopefully one of these rings a bell.
Shiki
Higurashi: When they Cry
Blood-C
Wicked City
Another
Demon Prince Tenma
Tokyo Ghoul (Though I have a funny feeling it's not this one, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.)

Thank you for your reply but it doesn't seem like it was any of those.

Back